Author Topic: The Official Darth Big Boy, Bearer of Bad Celebrity News RIP Thread  (Read 388440 times)

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
RIP Moustapha Akkad
« Reply #195 on: November 11, 2005, 10:28 PM »
Moustapha Akkad  the producer of the halloween movie series died today from wounds caused to him by terroist bombings in Jordan.  His daughter was also killed by these cowards along with 55 others. 
RIP Mr. Akkad and Ms. Akkad and the others victims. 

Offline Xander

• Jedi Initiate
  • She-mantis, Ampata, Anya…a true demon magnet
    • View Profile
Re: RIP Moustapha Akkad
« Reply #196 on: November 12, 2005, 12:00 AM »
I saw this too. I like to read about big time Hollywood producers, and he really seemed interesting, definitely a part of two worlds.   He was in Jordan with his daughter attending a wedding.  #$%& the bombers for his and the other innocents' deaths.  AP News

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 12, 2005, 10:34 AM »
This is horrible. The Halloween franchise was my favorite slasher series. He loved every single one of his movies and talked about them as they were his children. RIP to him and his daughter  :'(
I remember my dream now.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 12, 2005, 09:04 PM »
That's so sad.  :'(  I don't get why people feel the need to kill inoccent people. I mean, how low can they get!?! I get really, really, really disgusted when those dick heads justify their attacks by saying God told them to do it. Sad.  I think it is weird though, I was watching AMC's monsterfest last week, or the week before and they were advertising one of the Halloween movies they were going to air, they were saying something along the lines of "The out come will decide if there are any more sequels." Guess there won't be any more seqels. I really enjoyed those movies, and still do. It's so  sad.  :'(

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 12, 2005, 11:53 PM »
That's so sad.  :'(  I don't get why people feel the need to kill inoccent people. I mean, how low can they get!?! I get really, really, really disgusted when those dick heads justify their attacks by saying God told them to do it. Sad.  I think it is weird though, I was watching AMC's monsterfest last week, or the week before and they were advertising one of the Halloween movies they were going to air, they were saying something along the lines of "The out come will decide if there are any more sequels." Guess there won't be any more seqels. I really enjoyed those movies, and still do. It's so  sad.  :'(

I hope they still film Halloween 9 which I think is being filmed now or in the process.  Hopefully his son who has produce the later movies will decide to finish what his dad had hope to accomplish.  Maybe Halloween 20 Micheal Meryers can go after some dam terrioist.   

Offline roguestormtrooper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 14, 2005, 12:36 AM »
The Halloween series is my favorite horror series of all time.  It is very sad to hear of Mr. Akkad's death and I hope that his son does continue the series.

R.I.P. Mr. Akkad :'(

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
RIP Richard Pryor
« Reply #201 on: December 10, 2005, 08:28 PM »
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Victor_Von_Doom

• Jedi Initiate
  • Curse Richards
    • View Profile
    • Wampa's Cave
Re: RIP Richard Pryor
« Reply #202 on: December 10, 2005, 08:29 PM »
RIP  :'(
WTB Autographs and loose vintage, PM me!
"The Dude abides" - The Big Lebowski

Offline jkno

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 11, 2005, 04:43 AM »
Rest in peace!

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 11, 2005, 04:13 PM »
RIP.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 11, 2005, 09:41 PM »
You mean I'm not white!?!?!!!
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Killer185

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 11, 2005, 11:02 PM »
 :'( RIP he will be missed... Can't believe he is gone...
"Lose it? I didn't lose it. It's not like, "Whoops! Where'd my job go?" I QUIT. Someone pass me the asparagus. " - Lester Burnham, American Beauty

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #207 on: December 12, 2005, 01:37 AM »
Real shame to hear this, he hasn't done much in the last several years due to his MS, but what a lot of great works he's left us with.  I highly recommend "Silver Streak" and "Which way is Up?".
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 12, 2005, 10:13 AM »
RIP funny man.

I got my introduction to stand up comedy by listening to my brothers copy of "Here and Now" a show from New Orleans.  Funny, funny guy.  It's a shame he hasn't been able to do much in the past few years.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: December 12, 2005, 10:18 AM »
R.I.P. Richard.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...