Author Topic: Customs by Darth Delicious- Update 10.25.08!!!  (Read 163994 times)

Offline ThePerennial

• Jedi Initiate
  • "..And shoot the loudmouth first!"
    • View Profile
Re: Customs by Darth Delicious-Updated 5/23/05
« Reply #360 on: June 12, 2005, 09:12 PM »
Well, I showed them...I just opened a new account for my new pics. Hopefully the old one will refresh come Monday, as Jedisearch predicted, so I won't have to transfer over all those pics and add new links.

Here's my project from today. It's a Republic Commando from my fan-fic Omega Squad. If I ever do a photonovel, I may do this one about the Omegas in addition to one from the KOTOR era. I've been working on it while the shocktroop I'm doing for Chewie dries. If this turns out, I may make a few for Chewie for his novels.  ;D

Be kind, it's still very much a work in progress.

Pieces include parts from Ricky's RC sculpt, the AT-TE Gunner, and the SA  #41 Clone. There's also a backpack from one of the Ep. 1 Accessory packs, and pieces from a BBI military figure.

-DD

so how goes the omega squad commando custom so far? I've been wondering about him for a long while :P

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
Re: Customs by Darth Delicious-Updated 6/7/05
« Reply #361 on: June 13, 2005, 03:58 AM »
Perrenial-No new pics of Omega Squad yet...I got a nice present in the mail from Chewie that I'm reworking this one with. As soon as I've made some progress I'll post new pics.

In the meantime, I believe I may have been the first to discover the look of a character whose name has been whispered in hushed tones until now. Gentlemen, I give you...Commander Appo of the 501st!

I apologize for the size of the pic; I have no idea why it's coming out so small.

The reference pic came out of a book whose name I don't know. Someone brought me a photocopy of the page it was on, and the 501st Commander was right there. (Although it doesn't name him.) It also features another Clone Commander I want to attempt...a cloaked and hooded Stormtrooper type named Commander Faie.

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #362 on: June 13, 2005, 08:44 AM »
Nice job, I like the color of his visor.  Do you have the reference pic for Commander Appo?  Also, I was checking the bbi 3 3/4" figures at Toys R Us and I couldn't find one with those suspenders, they're from that line right?

Is Appo like Gree in terms of accessories?  Damn, he looks good. ;D
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Commander JediSearch

• Jedi Initiate
  • Do what must be done... I support Order 66
    • View Profile
    • The Archive
« Reply #363 on: June 13, 2005, 09:26 AM »
I agree with Gregorbian, that visor looks pretty sweet. 
As for Omega squad... I'm jones-ing for some pics!  Bring 'em on  ;D
Stephen - Louisville, KY
Sandtroopers | KSWCC | My Collection

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: June 13, 2005, 10:56 AM »
Good Lord!  Your Clones just keep getting better and better.  I'm gonna faint!   :)

:P

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #365 on: June 13, 2005, 06:40 PM »
Wow! Appo looks fantastic! I love the visor and it is cool how you made him a lot like Gree. I think that the belt could be fixed, that annoys me so much how the #41 clone's belt is upside down. >:( ::) I may have to copy that Appo. :) ;D

One question where does the holster come from? Is it from the Navy Seal Breacher as well?
"This is the way."

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: June 13, 2005, 07:45 PM »
He looks pretty good, I like the style for him a lot.

The reference pic came out of a book whose name I don't know. Someone brought me a photocopy of the page it was on, and the 501st Commander was right there. (Although it doesn't name him.) It also features another Clone Commander I want to attempt...a cloaked and hooded Stormtrooper type named Commander Faie.

-DD

Can we see the photocopy?

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: June 18, 2005, 07:19 PM »
Good to see Jedidefender working again!

Here's some more Appo-ey goodness.

And here's the reference from page 198 of the Art of Epidode III.

Turns out the guy next to Appo is Commander Faie, without his hood and cloak.

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: June 18, 2005, 11:42 PM »
Appo is cool as hell!  Great job on him.  I like that he looks like Gree but with a different paint job.  Is that a new belt on him?  It looks different than the SA Clone belt.  Maybe it's just me...

Offline crazy about Clones

• Youngling
  • I'm the first Star Wars custom ever created.....
    • View Profile
    • Rebelscum
« Reply #369 on: June 19, 2005, 02:51 PM »
Wow! Appo looks fantastic! I love the visor and it is cool how you made him a lot like Gree. I think that the belt could be fixed, that annoys me so much how the #41 clone's belt is upside down. >:( ::) I may have to copy that Appo. :) ;D

One question where does the holster come from? Is it from the Navy Seal Breacher as well?

SLC, he didn't make him alot like Gree, he IS like Gree.  This Appo isn't fan-fic, this what he really looks like.(see reference pic)

Great job on him! He looks so freakin awesome!!!! (Now i want to do one :P)
"I think the Kanucks of Vancouver are superior Warriors." Teal'c - Stargate SG-

"I like me" Caboose - Red vs Blue

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #370 on: June 20, 2005, 03:05 AM »

SLC, he didn't make him alot like Gree, he IS like Gree.  This Appo isn't fan-fic, this what he really looks like.(see reference pic)

Great job on him! He looks so freakin awesome!!!! (Now i want to do one :P)

Yeah I noticed that right after I posted and was too lazt to edit my post. DD BTW ytou forgot to update the title.
"This is the way."

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: June 26, 2005, 05:21 PM »
Well, my camera needs new batteries, so I wasn't able to get pics of everything I've done this weekend...but here's some pics from last week to tide you over. Most of the figures in these pics have been seen before, but there's a few new ones as well, although they're mostly clones. Some still need a few added details, but I was having fun with them anyway.  ;) And I may go back and add sfx to the lightsabers before I finally submit my work to THE CUSTOM ALLIANCE.

Enough talk, on to pictures. First up, Gree and some of his unit.

An ARC Trooper mission, with a few Jedi. There's an SA Clone pilot in here as well...

And finally, after kit-bashing Baccarra onto a #41 clone for decent poseability, I had that crappy Baccarra body left over...so I made one of the concept clones from the INSIDER.

Due to the limited articulation on the cheap Baccarra body, pretty much all this guy is good for is standing in the background of a diorama or photonovel.

And because I always like to do a little something extra here on JD that no one else gets to see, here's a better look at that SA  AOTC pilot, and the aforementioned modded Baccarra. (Although I may yet remove his crappy Hasbro battle damage.)

And here's a little fun with photoshop.

More later!

-DD

« Last Edit: June 26, 2005, 07:30 PM by Darth Delicious »
Back from the dead!!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Customs by Darth Delicious-Updated 6/26/05
« Reply #372 on: June 26, 2005, 07:39 PM »
Yipeee!!!  A Darth Delicious update!

Those pictures are absolutely breathtaking DD!  Wow, your Gree squad is unbelievable, as are the ARC mission pics.  The Saesae Tiin looks unreal!

I really like your improved Bacara.  Why Hasbro didn't do this from the start is amazing...

The Concept Clone looks great too.

Overall, some A+ work!!

:P

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: June 26, 2005, 08:14 PM »
Wow, I don't even know what to say other than "awesome!"
Excellent work on all of your customs man! 
I like the Saesee Tinn, did you add a helmet to him?  I couldn't get one to work.  :-\
Your ARC Troopers are really cool, I might have to make a blue ARC Trooper now.....

Man, I want to make a SA Bacara badly, but I haven't seen his wave by me yet... :'(

Get some batteries!  I want to see what else you're up to! ;)

Offline crazy about Clones

• Youngling
  • I'm the first Star Wars custom ever created.....
    • View Profile
    • Rebelscum
« Reply #374 on: June 26, 2005, 08:23 PM »
Yes i love these customs!

Gree and Squad: Great work on them, the BARC trooper looks amazing, great camo.  Commander Gree's helmet is a little bit off from Gree in the movie, but he still looks great!

ARC Squad: Great job on all of these, Love Saesee Tinn, great armor, abd its cool you made it a little "greyer" like in the cartoon.

Insider Clone: Nice job on the paint really smooth lines, he looks cool too!

SA AOTC Clone pilot: He looks really nice, only if hasbro had made him....

Modded Bacara: Gotta love the SA Clone body, looks factory made!

Over all: A++ Great Job DD, another stunning bunch of customs (Theres one of them, set your blasters for stun. :P)
"I think the Kanucks of Vancouver are superior Warriors." Teal'c - Stargate SG-

"I like me" Caboose - Red vs Blue