Author Topic: 25th Anniversary Line  (Read 201009 times)

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1035 on: April 26, 2008, 03:45 PM »
That VAMP looks awesome!  One of my favorite vintage vehicles.  The HISS also is nice and I like the black better than blue. 

Do we know what the price point on these is going to be yet?  Will it be in the $10 range like the Target exclusives or will be be looking at the $15 range (higher and I'll probably pass).

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1036 on: April 26, 2008, 06:07 PM »
You'd think they'd release the Cobra version of the Vamp (clueless on the name) with the doors/top/windshield thingy to go along with this release.  It would be a perfect Joe vs. Cobra battle.   :D

I guess the SHARC and Firebat are next.  Lame.  Hasbro obviously has the molds - so where's the larger vehicles?  The figures are selling like hotcakes and Hasbro is pulling out the big guns this year with the AT-TE and the BMF Falcon, so why are they so timid from the Joe vehicle standpoint  ???

Do we know what the price point on these is going to be yet?  Will it be in the $10 range like the Target exclusives or will be be looking at the $15 range (higher and I'll probably pass).

Pretty sure I heard that these are $15 a pop.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1037 on: April 26, 2008, 07:53 PM »
You'd think they'd release the Cobra version of the Vamp (clueless on the name) with the doors/top/windshield thingy to go along with this release.  It would be a perfect Joe vs. Cobra battle.   :D

It was the Stinger.  If I was collecting vehicles I'd be all over it, but I'm just going for the figures and we already have a Stinger Driver.

I will say that all vehicles have looked good so far (including these) and it makes me wish I had more room for them.  :)

John

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1038 on: April 26, 2008, 09:28 PM »
Now that's what I'm talking about!  That's one bad ass vehicle!   ;D   - compared to the Vamp that is.

Are you listening Hasbro?  Don't make me go on eBay.   :D
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1039 on: April 26, 2008, 10:48 PM »
Now we're talking!  Both of those look nothing short of fantastic.  I really like the Vamp a lot more than the Striker.  I'd like to get about 2-3 of them for display, and make a Cobra base diorama with the Joes attacking it... and speaking of vehicles, I'd love to see them reissue the ASP... and the Stinger too naturally.

I've decided to go with a new strategy on the Joe figures that I don't care for too much - I bought a few Rock-N-Roll figures today, and am going to use that figure as a base for a few simple Joe customs... I like the plain generic look he has.  Probably my favorite figure they've made actually, and he was always one of my favorites as a kid.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1040 on: April 27, 2008, 12:56 PM »
Hey, don't forget about the VAMP Mark II!  That was actually my first VAMP version but that same year, 1984, Sears had an exclusive boxed set with the original VAMP and HAL which I think I got for Christmas from my grandparents.

I don't really need to get into the vehicles either, but I did buy the AWE Striker and I'm tempted to get the new VAMP and HISS.  I might get the RAM & Trouble Bubble set also.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1041 on: April 28, 2008, 12:03 PM »
Man, that's a nostalgia jolt.  The VAMP was the first vehicle I ever got that was just mine, from any toy line.  Because all my brothers collected Star Wars, all of the vehicles were shared domain.  But when it launched, I was the only one interested in GI Joe.  One Easter, I got the VAMP, and it was all mine.

I guess I'll be picking that one up....

The black HISS looks cool, but I've already got a fleet of blue ones, so I'll probably pass.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1042 on: April 28, 2008, 04:56 PM »
Hey, don't forget about the VAMP Mark II!  That was actually my first VAMP version but that same year, 1984, Sears had an exclusive boxed set with the original VAMP and HAL which I think I got for Christmas from my grandparents.

The first GI Joe vehicles had come out back in the day...  It was Summer time I remember, and I was taking swimming lessons at the local pool.  I'd just pass my classes really well, and I was pretty excited to be done with it because it was a weird thing I didn't want to do particulary at that age. 

My mom picked me up and my brother up, we went shopping for groceries and stopped at Gold Circle where my mom picked up a Vamp for me because I did well on the lessons, and my brother got Flash and the Launch Pad w/Jetpack. 

It's funny but I can remember every GI Joe purchase like it was yesterday.  Loved my Vamp too, easily my favorite vehicle in the Joe line.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1043 on: April 29, 2008, 01:48 PM »
Oh man- what a wonderful reminder!  I had forgotten about the Vamp II and Stinger, lost in the mists of antiquity of my past (ok, so it was just 25 years ago  :P).  Like you guys, the Vamp was my favorite too.  I greatly prefer the more standard military designs of the '82 and some of the '83 lineup.  Like Chewie said, Rock and Roll is to me more exciting than some of the stranger character designs of a few years later.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1044 on: April 29, 2008, 03:00 PM »

pretty  :)  - not my purchase btw

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1045 on: April 29, 2008, 04:55 PM »
yeah... I saw that on RS... SICK!

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1046 on: April 29, 2008, 06:57 PM »
Wherever that guy lives, other Joe collectors are jumping in their cars with really big tire irons. :)

Seriously, who needs that many Snake Eyeseseses?   ::)

(You're goddamned right I'm jealous)  ;D

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1047 on: April 29, 2008, 10:50 PM »
Guys like that are the reason I had to ebay a set of wave 6 a couple weeks ago.

Edit- bitch and ye shall receive. I walked into WM tonight needing saline solution, and I walked out with a full set of wave 7 plus a SW comic pack. I did what the government wanted me to do with my stimulus check- spend it frivolously.  ::) Of course, I just bought one set and no extras of Snake Eyes or the Viper, even though they were there.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 01:59 AM by inadvertent imitation »
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1048 on: April 30, 2008, 11:12 AM »
The guy who took that pic bought all of those extras for other local collectors.  I do the same thing with Star Wars figures for the guys around here.  I just don't post pics of it.

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1049 on: April 30, 2008, 02:26 PM »
So I was late for work this morning and didn't make my usual trip to the Wal Mart a block away from work.  Sure enough I go there on lunch and they have the entire new wave....minus Wild Bill.   >:(  Damn me and my morning laziness.

Good looking wave overall.  I couldn't give a turd about the new Duke but everything else is peachy. 

John