Author Topic: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases  (Read 337039 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases
« Reply #405 on: October 2, 2010, 02:58 PM »
Picked up another set of TCW Wave 3 just to insure I have 3 decent cards for the collection, with the rest to be returned.

There are some pretty minor but notable paint variations, particularly on Ki-Adi. Some have a tad more eyeball paint and thus have a "surpised" look while I saw another that has a narrower gaze that comes across as a little more stern. I've seen 1 or 2 that appear to have a pretty dirty dome too. Literally.

That Flamethrower Clone is my favorite of the wave though...total homerun.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: October 2, 2010, 04:18 PM »
Picked up the Mandolorian Battlepack, the ARC Troopers Battlepack and the TRU Exclusive Nikto Guard this week...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: October 3, 2010, 10:12 PM »
So I'm reading that the Malevolence 2 packs have been spotted at a Walmart in San Diego. (Courtesy Galactic Hunter) I know these are straight repacks, but I'm considering them.

Would these be likely found in the DVD section though or with the rest of the toys? Walmart seems kind of random as far as where they stick stuff sometimes.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: October 6, 2010, 07:47 PM »
Picked up the Mando BP tonight at WM.  Very 8) set
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #409 on: October 10, 2010, 12:00 PM »
Picked up Ki-Adi-Mundi and the Nikto Guard this weekend. Considered the Mando pack, but I'll wait.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: October 11, 2010, 10:05 PM »
The TCW BPs are all in healthy supply in my area. But I'm surprised that the "Holocron Heist" set seems to be moving more slowly, considering it has 3 core characters and 1 villain.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: October 12, 2010, 09:15 AM »
The TCW BPs are all in healthy supply in my area. But I'm surprised that the "Holocron Heist" set seems to be moving more slowly, considering it has 3 core characters and 1 villain.

Yeah, that BP was already released previously in the red/white packaging (not around here but everywhere else in the country apparently) so it is old news by this point.

I'm curious why I am seeing more Mando BP's but none with the ARC Troopers. Outside of the one I bought a few weeks back at TRU, I have never seen another. Anywhere.

I was able to score both Target TCW 2-pack exclusives last night using the old DCPI Jedi Mind Trick. I'm sure I could have scored the collector packs as well but figure I can wait these out until I get paid Friday.

Love those Senate dudes, even without faces.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: October 12, 2010, 03:48 PM »
Scored the Target Exclusive Clone Wars 2-packs today.

Picked up five of the Senate Guards set and two of the Cad Bane/IG-86 sets.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: October 12, 2010, 05:15 PM »
Scored the Target Exclusive Clone Wars 2-packs today.

Picked up five of the Senate Guards set and two of the Cad Bane/IG-86 sets.

By my count that is $104.93 before taxes...well done, sir!

I wish your wallet a speedy recovery...  :)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: October 12, 2010, 09:55 PM »
Actually, it's much worse than that...

So I went back to the Target on the way home and I was able to score the Hoth UBPs and the Clone Wars Battlepacks - two of each of all four items.

So all in total - I spent $552.54 today.

2x of each Geonosis 2-pack
5x Senate Guards 2-pack
2x Cade Bane/IG-86 2-pack
2x Defense of Hoth
2x Assault on Hoth
2x Hostage Crisis BP
2x Hidden Enemy BP
1x Clone Pilot Goji

And I was able to use two Clone Cash $5 off $20 spent on vehicles to take some money off of the Hoth UBPs - so it actually would have been $10 more if I hadn't used those.

Not an in-expensive day by any stretch.  :-\
Peter

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: October 13, 2010, 09:03 AM »
^^^ my first impression is holy ****!  my 2nd impression is you could have saved another $25-30 bucks if you waited til this sunday and used your Target card   :P 

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: October 13, 2010, 09:18 AM »
^^^ my first impression is holy ****!  my 2nd impression is you could have saved another $25-30 bucks if you waited til this sunday and used your Target card   :P 

Yeah, but by then half the stuff he wanted would be gone, and no guarantees of minty cards either.

A toy in the hand is worth two next week. I buy EVERYTHING the second I see it, because otherwise it may be gone and never show up again. That's how it is around these parts anyway.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: October 13, 2010, 01:55 PM »
I agree with McMetal - I buy when I see it, if I can find something at a cheaper price before the receipt I bought it for initially expires, then I buy again and return. I know some view that as "not cool" - but that's how I roll, I guess....

With regards to a Target card - that assumes I have a Target card or want to apply for one. I don't use credit - ever, that's just my own personal choice. I work off of a budget and for collecting, if I don't have the money to buy an item, then I don't buy it. It means I have to budget all year 'round and essentially "bank" my collecting funds for periods like this when they just put out too much damn stuff at once.

And of course, the October 2010 GLUT never ends - this morning I went into the TRU by where I work and was greeted by the new Clone Wars mid-size vehicles. I had three TRU rewards $5 cash coupons that expired this Friday so I, even though I would normally pass on the $27.99 price tag for the vehicles, I went ahead, scored a nice minty set of all four of them and then took $15 off the purchase with the rewards bucks. Still more than I would have paid had I found them at Target, but like McMetal and I already said - buy it when you see it, especially if you're looking for mint ones for a packaged collection...
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 01:56 PM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #418 on: October 13, 2010, 02:15 PM »
I buy when I see it, depending upon what it exactly is...  basic figures, I usually buy new ones when I see them unless it pains me to do so and I want to wait it out.  I just bought Vintage 3PO yesterday using a KM coupon because I refused to pay full price, for instance.

I waited on the mid-size vehicles, and I was glad because I got $$$ off when Target put them on sale almost immediately.  I only had bought the Snowspeeder, and I got it price-adjusted.

Exclusives, it varies...  I paid full price for Jabba, the Hoth packs, and so on...  In the past though, I've taken things back when they've gone on sale, like Target's 2-packs from a couple years back (the Order 66 ones).  I remember returning a bunch at full price and rebuying them at 50% off.  Easy choice there.

Generally I buy exclusives when i see them though, unless they're clearly going to hit the clearance aisle.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: October 13, 2010, 04:23 PM »
just fyi, I saw the new vehicles at TRU in MIshawaka, Indiana today too.  I passed after my big Target haul, but I will probably grab the new ones on sale at some point.