Author Topic: Recent Acquisitions  (Read 299323 times)

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Acquisitions
« Reply #780 on: August 24, 2011, 10:01 PM »
Are you looking to have both a carded and loose Jorg or trying to swap out carded for loose?  I've been looking for him and would likely open him, so maybe we can work something out when you get a carded one...

Yeah, I want to trade the loose one I have for a carded one.  So if you or I ever get a carded one, I'm sure we can work something out.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Symposium

• Jedi Initiate
  • I have Kubrickulosis™
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: August 24, 2011, 11:54 PM »
I thought I'd bought the 2007 box set today but I got an email saying he'd put the wrong price up so he refunded me. Totally gutted.  :(

what did you think you got it for?

In dollars about $245 including shipping
"Pixelated beings are we, not this crude matter!"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: August 25, 2011, 08:55 AM »
I thought I'd bought the 2007 box set today but I got an email saying he'd put the wrong price up so he refunded me. Totally gutted.  :(

what did you think you got it for?

In dollars about $245 including shipping

Seems like a fair price.  Sorry dude.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Symposium

• Jedi Initiate
  • I have Kubrickulosis™
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: August 25, 2011, 01:27 PM »
It was Honorius and considering he hasn't sold that box set for years you'd think he'd be happy he got some money at last. It was $229 +$32 but he wanted $329 +$32 based on what he re-listed it as. Clearly $100 greed dollars are more important than actual dollars.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: August 25, 2011, 01:39 PM »
It was Honorius and considering he hasn't sold that box set for years you'd think he'd be happy he got some money at last. It was $229 +$32 but he wanted $329 +$32 based on what he re-listed it as. Clearly $100 greed dollars are more important than actual dollars.

Yeah, that guy is a pill.  I have tried to work with him on some of his ridiculously priced stuff over the years and he won't even come close to what fair market from other auctions is.  He must get some suckers who have lots of money to spare - I don't see how he ends up selling anything. 

I wonder if you can file a complaint with Ebay?  They have a three strikes rule for stuff like that I think .  Maybe he'd reconsider if cancelling on you was going to hurt his ability to sell at all...?
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Symposium

• Jedi Initiate
  • I have Kubrickulosis™
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: August 26, 2011, 03:34 PM »

Yeah, that guy is a pill.  I have tried to work with him on some of his ridiculously priced stuff over the years and he won't even come close to what fair market from other auctions is.  He must get some suckers who have lots of money to spare - I don't see how he ends up selling anything. 

I wonder if you can file a complaint with Ebay?  They have a three strikes rule for stuff like that I think .  Maybe he'd reconsider if cancelling on you was going to hurt his ability to sell at all...?

Well this is the email reply I sent him before reading your post.

"I'm very disappointed but as there is nothing I can do to stop you other than complaining to Ebay I'll accept the refund. However may I remind you that you've failed for years to sell it at the higher price so maybe you should think about selling it at the lower price. That is if you actually want to make some money."

The only other kubrick related item I would have bought from him was the carded spirit yoda and that sold the other day so I may remove him from my ebay searches.

Offline Adrian

• Jedi Initiate
  • Follow me you will
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: August 28, 2011, 03:43 PM »
bid on the second j-slop he had up... someone out bid me last second. I immediately received a second chance offer  ,  I passed. Hate sellers that use shill bidders.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: September 8, 2011, 12:41 AM »
bid on the second j-slop he had up... someone out bid me last second. I immediately received a second chance offer  ,  I passed. Hate sellers that use shill bidders.

Pretty good Kubrick day for me...

Got my "J-SLOP" in the mail today.  Nice tight figure in minty condition.  No blaster, but I dug out a spare vintage Fett and viola, Fett is armed and dangerous.  As an added bonus, he included a second regular vintage Fett.  I know there were two in the auction picture, but I thought the basic one was just for comparison.  Now I have two spare basic vintage Fetts with no blasters.   :P

I also snagged a DX3 Owen Chase from an Ebay seller today.  Obviously don't have it yet, but nice to cross this guy off my want list, especially with so few auctions of him showing up these days.  Ended up costing me $190 shipped, which was a few bucks more than I was hoping, but oh well.

And if that wasn't enough, while I was putting away my J-slot Fett, I noticed something peculiar in my display case....a loose Pilot Sacul!  I seriously can't remember ever buying this and have been trying to land one for the better part of a year.  Woohoo!  For now, my happiness over finding out I have one is slightly stronger than my fear that I'm going senile at age 37.  Wait, what was I talking about...?

Offline Symposium

• Jedi Initiate
  • I have Kubrickulosis™
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: September 8, 2011, 06:34 AM »
Well after my 2007 boxset fiasco the other week (and some carded kub stuff) I've managed to get Droids C-3PO, 2-1B and the B-Wing Pilot (I already have the Luke and backpack Yoda and would have given him to a buddy had I got the full boxset). So that just leaves the Snowtrooper who has lost most of his value since DX2.

Also in the post was a Sirius Black chase from the Harry Potter series.

So all in all a good day for me :)

Congrats on the Owen chase JediJman ;) but seriously create a database/spreadsheet of your kubs! You forgot you had a sarcul????:o

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: September 8, 2011, 08:39 AM »
Yes, I seriously forgot I had him.  Can't believe it.  I have a spreadsheet, though I need to get it up to date.  I checked though and I have Sacul listed on there - wish I also included the date that I added things, so I could look up how drunk I must have been to forget about it.

Nice scores yourself!  How did you get the lone 21B?  Did you make an offer for the one that was up on Ebay?  I think it was listed at like $200, so hopefully you got it for much less!  I don't have the little accessory for mine, so I've been itching to get a new one. 

I have a spare Snowtrooper if you want one.  $15 shipped if you're in the U.S. 

Offline Symposium

• Jedi Initiate
  • I have Kubrickulosis™
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: September 8, 2011, 09:20 AM »
Nice scores yourself!  How did you get the lone 21B?  Did you make an offer for the one that was up on Ebay?  I think it was listed at like $200, so hopefully you got it for much less!  I don't have the little accessory for mine, so I've been itching to get a new one. 

I have a spare Snowtrooper if you want one.  $15 shipped if you're in the U.S.

A UK seller had them and I got all 3 for less than $200 I think (not checked £/$ conversion). Also I'm in the UK to answer you question but seriously you would sell a snowtrooper for $15 to a U.S. resident? You did realise I was talking about the 2007 boxset version right? I mean sure he's lost some value but that's cheap!

I also got Ponda Baba a few weeks back and checked off the Holy Grail of all kubs for me personally.

Anyway my personal Holy Grail Kubricks are now

Logray
Y-Wing Pilot

and my Holy Grail Kubricks picked by Indiana Jones are now

AT-ST Driver
Hammerhead

My Holy Grail Kubricks picked by Elsa Schneider are now

Luke Stormtrooper (yes yes yes there is the two pack but I still want him)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: September 8, 2011, 09:22 AM »
Sorry, I thought you meant the DX2 Snowtrooper.   :-X

Offline Symposium

• Jedi Initiate
  • I have Kubrickulosis™
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: September 8, 2011, 09:26 AM »
Sorry, I thought you meant the DX2 Snowtrooper.   :-X

Ha ha I thought so and I'm glad because it would have meant me flying over state side and slapping some sense into you!

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: September 8, 2011, 08:28 PM »
Don't feel bad J-man... you aren't alone.  I had forgotten that I bought the Han and Luke Stormtroopers and almost ordered the boxed set to get them again.  Luckily I discovered this before I made my mistake.   ;D

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: September 8, 2011, 09:39 PM »
Don't feel bad J-man... you aren't alone.  I had forgotten that I bought the Han and Luke Stormtroopers and almost ordered the boxed set to get them again.  Luckily I discovered this before I made my mistake.   ;D

That does make me feel better, thanks.  I think my issue is that I bought him loose from someone back when I acquired 5-6 different chases all at once.  I definitely would have remembered separating him from the card.  I think.