Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 557889 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #1455 on: October 12, 2014, 11:47 PM »
Just before Talking Dead started there was a scene of someone (won't mention because of spoilers) walking towards Terminus.  Was that part of the show?  A Preview?
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: October 12, 2014, 11:52 PM »
That was an excellent episode!

And thought the, trying not to say too much, baseball bat stuff with Glen was brilliant. Just enough to make you believe maybe..........
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: October 13, 2014, 05:51 AM »
Yeah that was one of the best episodes they've done, ranking up there with the pilot and the season 4 mid-season finale.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: October 13, 2014, 08:14 AM »
What?  No love for Carol?!?  I've defended her character (not necessarily on here) since The Farm - thought then she was a strong woman - possibly one of the strongest characters.  She definitely has come the longest way. Nice to see her take the lead and get her due  8)
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Sybeck1

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: October 13, 2014, 09:09 AM »
The crazy man that Glenn and Rick let out of the train car was the man who threw Mary back in the car after they raped her. Once Gareth took Terminus back over they locked him in the train car. I bet more flashbacks are coming

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #1460 on: October 13, 2014, 09:34 AM »
As much as they built up Terminus, I expected them to spend more time there.  Maybe explain the shrine stuff.  Though I can't complain about how the episode went down.  Also nice seeing accuracy with the tank not exploding just from gunfire.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Online McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: October 13, 2014, 12:56 PM »
That was an unbelievably good premiere! FIVE GORY stars all the way!!!

So much going on:

The blood trough was a stroke of genius. I kept thinking to myself during that scene "Baseball is a TEAM sport!" LOL

Carol V Tasha Yar was great, I'll take Carol every time in that fight. Damn right let her get eaten!

SO GREAT to see them bash the Joker's head in first too. I didn't realize until TD aired that this was the same hippie kid with the lame girl from last season. Well played!

HTF do you even threaten to strangle a baby? Jesus, that guy was a POS...he deserved every face-crushing blow Tyreese rained down on him.

Really disappointed we did not get closure on %^&* Gareth though. I'm sure since he is getting his own action figure we have not seen the last of him either.

Getting the group more or less back together was great to see, esp Rick and Judith and Tyreese and Sasha. Aw, and Daryl even hugged Carol!

Yes, that was definitely Morgan at the end. Who is leaving the carved X though? The people that took Beth?

BETH?!?!?!

Also loved the parade of splatter and the detail given to the zombies this season, as Nicotero noted on TD, they're starting to decay and decompose more noticeably now. Seem a lot more skeletal.

Great stuff!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: October 13, 2014, 03:27 PM »
As much as they built up Terminus, I expected them to spend more time there.  Maybe explain the shrine stuff.  Though I can't complain about how the episode went down.  Also nice seeing accuracy with the tank not exploding just from gunfire.

Ditto to all the raving about last night's episode.  Lots going on and glad they got through so much awesome story in just one show.  Sets them up nicely for the rest of the season without getting trapped in one place for so long (looking at you Prison episodes).  That said, I thought they might be there a little longer, and I'm with those who wanted a little more backstory on what happened.  Maybe we'll get a good flashback episode as I'm sure Gareth will be back.   The only piece that really kind of bothered me was Carol shooting the firecracker at an arc exactly where it needed to go.  If she was launching straight line or missed the first time, that would have sat better with me, but that was one fairly unrealistic bullseye IMHO.  Super excited to see the friendly face at the end and hoping to get some news on Beth soon.  Its a little surprising how many wandering people are still alive this far into the show.  You'd think only people that set up camps of some kind would still be left.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #1463 on: October 13, 2014, 05:18 PM »

I'm willing to bet we'll see more through flashbacks.  From the season 5 previews, we'll see Gareth again.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: October 13, 2014, 05:24 PM »

I'm willing to bet we'll see more through flashbacks.  From the season 5 previews, we'll see Gareth again.

No way are we finished with the gang at Terminus yet.  Rick still owes Gareth a red handled machete.

I bet we end up with an entire Terminus / Gareth episode(s) like we had with the Goveror/Brian from last season. 

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: October 13, 2014, 05:27 PM »
Our we sure Tyrese killed the baby threatening guy? I think he couldn't finish him off. And that'll bite the group in the ass later. Probably literally.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1466 on: October 14, 2014, 04:32 AM »
I think you might be right on that Nick...  They intentionally didn't show that I think.  Tyrese maybe hid something.  They'd have showed him beat the guy to death if they were going to go that route I do believe.

Outstanding episode, start to finish...  I too put it up there as the best opening this show has had since the Pilot episode.  Violent, tense, layered (though all in one area more or less).  The flashbacks set up some of the Termites and their ultimate return...  Like the Governor, you're the way you are for a reason, and they're no different.

Just outstanding.

I'm pretty ok with all the action, even Carol's fireworks display.  That's a big propane tank.  You don't have to hit much of that with it spewing that much gas.  Just a spark, and most bottlerockets pop with a lot of sparks.  She also had it fired from that rifle barrel and believe it or not a metal tube is about all you need to launch a bottlerocket with accuracy!  Suffice it to say I played with illegal fireworks as a kid, a lot.  :-\ (RIP, many GI Joes)  I can see it working actually.  Though she didn't seem to have random fireworks around her all the time to really know what to do, maybe it was just a good guess?

The final scene, post-credits, was fantastic.  People always are asking, and that was a nice nod to fans to throw them a bone!  I loved it.

Tracy, I'm with you on Carol.  Don't know about if you watch TD all the time but they polled people on Carol taking over the group since she showed clear leadership skills here, and she lost miserably, but I was honestly thinking she maybe should be the group's leader.  Biggest problem with that now though, is she's one of many.  Rick's obviously in a better leadership position when he's in Shane-Mode like now, Abraham's not a poor leader...  Glenn's emerged a little (and where there is Glenn, there is Maggie), but not completely.  Sprinkle in a dash of Darryl and Sasha too...   I think the group's back to group decisions to some degree, but much more intelligent group decisions than before.

And if I may say, Conan's the finest non-show guest they've ever had on Talking Dead...  Seriously.  "I'd have died on a sunscreen run".  I lol'd.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: October 14, 2014, 12:32 PM »
I got a GD'd speck of dust in my eye when Rick got Judith back in his arms.

This episode was excellent.  This was a huge screw you to the same critics of every season (It starts slow, they stay in one place too long, etc, etc.)

I also agree that Conan was a great guest on TD.  He didn't stick out, which is high praise when you're sharing the couch with Nicotero and Gimple who are always great.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: October 14, 2014, 04:33 PM »
Our we sure Tyrese killed the baby threatening guy? I think he couldn't finish him off. And that'll bite the group in the ass later. Probably literally.

Great call.  Didn't even think of that, but it totally makes sense.  I wonder if the hunters will realign a bit more with the comic, where the smaller group ends up capturing and eating one of Rick's crew at some point.  You know its going to happen, but its going to be tough to lose anyone from the current group now that they've put a good amount of development into them.  Maybe Sasha or Rosita?  Its going to be interesting to see how they survive without a home base for a while as well.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: October 15, 2014, 06:08 AM »
There's always Bob. In fact, had they swapped Glenn and Bob at the drainage trough I would have totally believed they were about to off him, and that the group was actually in danger.

I had to go back and check the post-credits scene since I missed it (figured it was some stupid Hardwick gag)... pretty cool and apparently the vines around the sign had grown meaning it happens some time after the episode. Apparently they're going to be doing a lot of flashbacks/forwards this season.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks