Author Topic: Star Wars Tales  (Read 2384 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Star Wars Tales
« on: September 19, 2008, 12:06 PM »
I've been on a bit of a TPB buying kick lately, and one of the SW ones I've been looking at are the SW Tales books.  I've never read any of them, but they seem to get fairly favorable reviews on Amazon (if you can go by that at all).  I was just wondering if anyone here had read them, and if you would recommend them as good/fun reads.

Here's the page for them at Amazon:

Star Wars Tales

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Tales
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008, 12:15 PM »
I would.  I have all, or almost all of them and they are good reads.  Its a collection of a whole bunch of comic books, so there aren't story lines across the whole volume, but it does introduce you to areas of the EU you might not have come across.  I don't remember who drew them, but the ones that are in the same style as the Tag & Bink comics are some of my favorites, I like how they put little nods to other types of Sci-Fi and pop culture in the background.  I'd recommend getting them.

Plus, now that they've been out a couple years, they are significantly below the MSRP, so there's that going for them too.
I am not the Stig

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2008, 01:29 AM »
SW Tales is one of myfavorite comic series to pick up (in TPB)...  Empire, and Rebellion are next on my list, but SW Tales is pretty fantastic.  Some stories suck, some are just good, and some are flawlessly cool EU.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2008, 09:13 PM »
Love SW Tales.  I have them all.  They are a really good collection.  Definitely recommend them.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!