Author Topic: The Ultimate Group Project - Diorama Construction/Design  (Read 126432 times)

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
Re: The Ultimate Group Project - Diorama Construction/Design
« Reply #375 on: April 9, 2007, 09:06 AM »
Got a bunch of weapons, Rocket Launchers, etc. that  I could contribute if you guys like.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: April 9, 2007, 10:17 AM »
I'd rather have small non weapon things to scatter thru the city. Wouldn't it be cool if there were little trash cans waiting to be picked up by the garbage droids? How about some left over newspapers? You know, some little bits of trash blowing thru the city.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #377 on: April 9, 2007, 10:34 AM »
Excellant idea Paul. Garbage droids hmmm Sounds like an Item for Yakfinities this month. Would these be smaller droids that would compact or incinerate the garbage from the cans?? Or do you want a larger vehicle like droid?

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: April 9, 2007, 10:45 AM »
Roronn - I think that Globe looks great.  The support structure is really cool.  I'm looking forward to seeing this merge with the base that Sarge made.  I'm not convinced that you even need to weather the copper at all.

Fritz - Looks good.  There are a few spots on the end that still look a bit too much like Styrofoam (fifth picture down where the little circles are).  I wonder if there is some greebles that can be put there.

Concering random things in the city.  I had an idea of using the bases from those little cannons that came with the clone pilots as the bases for a some street lamps throughout the city.  A City needs lights in the dark,m right??  I'm not sure I'll be able to get to it though.  I already think I'm over committed for the end of the month.   However, to Phruby's point... its the little details around the city that will totally sell this project.  We are going to need a lot of little bits and pieces to form things around the city.  I would encourage everyone associated with the UGP to be thinking about making these little "city-greebles". 

Offline elmeaux

• Youngling
  • The Dancing Robot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: April 9, 2007, 10:54 AM »
I can't figure out what to put in the hole where I was going to mount the cannon. Any ideas?

Cut a piece of clear plastic from a package and make it a skylight?
E>

man, everyone's stuff is looking fantastic!

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: April 9, 2007, 11:20 AM »
Glassman- somehow, I missed your entry over the weekend.  Glad to see that another building is making an appearance. 

Anyone else making progress on the "Standard" Buildings.  What about Market Stalls.  It really looks like we are gaining some momentum!

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: April 9, 2007, 01:15 PM »
What about Market Stalls.  It really looks like we are gaining some momentum!

God willing, I should have one up to show off today.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: April 9, 2007, 04:11 PM »
If anyone has a templet for a news paper, I can scale it and print them. I might have a trach can or something that can be used for one, but that is the problem I only have one. I'll see try and get a picture on it. Maybe someone can cast it, if liked.
roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: April 9, 2007, 05:17 PM »
I think news paper might be a little Low Tech for Star Wars. How about some hollow screens on some of the buldings. We could have them running wanted posters of some of our Rebel customs.

Fritzkrieg

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: April 9, 2007, 06:14 PM »
I think news paper might be a little Low Tech for Star Wars. How about some hollow screens on some of the buldings. We could have them running wanted posters of some of our Rebel customs.

I think the holo screens is a cool idea.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: April 9, 2007, 07:44 PM »
The little tables that came with the Cantina figures this past year too can work out well for little city accessories.

:P

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: April 9, 2007, 08:45 PM »
Drill out the top, instant trash can.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline elmeaux

• Youngling
  • The Dancing Robot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: April 9, 2007, 09:04 PM »
Here's a few WIP I took this evening.

That's my mini power plant. I plan on having clear plasitc windows and a clear plastic cover. I'm planning to have a bunch of electric currents on the inside via those force power dohickies every Jedi and Sith came with. Hoping to have acontrol array on the side there and other details.

Funny you guys are talking about holoscreens because I put this together a couple weeks ago as a little holo projector. I figured a screen could come off the top. I have four of them primed and waiting for painting.

I have four of these building put together. Still need to add doors and other details.

Hope this stuff is acceptable.

E>

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: April 9, 2007, 09:14 PM »
That stuff is cool. Would love to know parts used on that power building. And the array is cool. Never would have thought to use POTF2 R5 like that.

I couldn't find that thing I was hoping to use for the trash can. I think my kids walked off with it.
roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: April 9, 2007, 09:23 PM »
E> - I think that stuff looks great.  Especially your buildings and the power plant.  What size are those?  This is really starting to come together!