Author Topic: Triple Force Friday - October 4th  (Read 21523 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Triple Force Friday - October 4th
« on: February 15, 2019, 12:41 PM »

TRIPLE FORCE FRIDAY ANNOUNCED @ StarWars.com

Let the countdown begin.

Triple Force Friday, the latest in a tradition of Star Wars product launches, is set for October 4, Lucasfilm and Disney announced today. The event will see the debut of brand-new products inspired by three of the year’s biggest Star Wars releases, including:

- The highly anticipated, final installment of the Skywalker saga, Star Wars: Episode IX
- The first-ever Star Wars live-action series, The Mandalorian, set to debut exclusively on the upcoming streaming service, Disney+.
- The latest title from EA and Respawn — Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order — a brand-new action-adventure game releasing holiday 2019

Products spanning categories from toys to collectibles, housewares, books, apparel, and more will go on sale beginning at 12:01 a.m. on October 4. As with past Force Friday celebrations, stores around the world will join the festivities with in-store events and midnight openings.

Stay tuned to StarWars.com for more on Triple Force Friday!
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Triple Force Friday - October 4th
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2019, 09:11 PM »
Oh my. 

That’s a lot to be toy boned up about.  Can’t lie that the Mandalorian and the game kind of have my attention more than 9, though any TVC 9 stuff has me curious too.  Love me some midnight madness with friends but without TRU I kind of wonder how this plays out?  Locally only TRU ever had its **** together. 

Walmart was Walmart.  And Target had a fraction what TRU ever put out.  Kinda curious how this is gonna go now.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2019, 11:51 AM »
Locally only TRU ever had its **** together. 

Same here except for the TFA fiasco.  Still,  TRU made it a big deal: gave freebies (T-Shirt and posters) to those that came out at midnight (I guess Target had the drawing for the huge Porg, right?).  I'll miss having an "event" to go to. 

Perhaps the rumors of TRU's rebirth might come to fruition and we'll have that fun again.  Then again, TRU's big event usually meant they bought three times as much stock of wave 1 than its competitors and you'd never see later waves there...

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2019, 11:56 AM »
TRU Kids might be a player in time for the Episode 9 line launch. There was the press release earlier in the week, and now there’s a Geoffrey mascot parading around the Javits Center for Toy Fair today. This might be a lot more likely to happen than the KB Toys relaunch that never got off the ground. 
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2019, 01:02 PM »
Missing TRU already. Don't know where me and my buddies are going to camp out.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 12:39 PM by Darth_Anton »
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2019, 01:29 PM »
I noticed there is no reference to the final Clone Wars episodes in that press release. Will that mean no TCW toys? I sure hope not.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2019, 03:09 PM »
I think that Clone Wars may be released later.  Probably because Disney will want The Mandalorian to be able to stand on it's own.

Feedback

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2019, 09:47 PM »
I'm probably the only one who couldn't care less about Force Friday this year. If the last few years are any indication, 90% of the first 1-2 waves will be able to be had for $10 or less by Christmas, so the desire to rush out to beat scalpers for the first figures is low. I don't know if I will want to own any products from The Mandalorian, and likely won't until I see the show. And who on earth could be excited about another EA Star Wars game after the first two travesties they've put out?
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2019, 12:01 AM »
I like the night out with buddies but without TRU I really dunno how this will play out.  Only a couple Target stores around here even did anything and Walmart was hit or miss if their toy people knew it was going on even for days later.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2019, 10:00 AM »
My days of doing a midnight madness event are long gone.  The last one I did was back in 2005 for the ROTS line and that was at TRU.  And during the ST era I've been living in a county that doesn't allow stores to be open at midnight, so there isn't even the option of going if I wanted to.

Besides, I think I might wind up taking the day off to see if I can binge watch The Mandalorian that day!

Feedback

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2019, 11:29 AM »
I did the midnight madness once.  Since then I've done the 7AM madness at Target the next morning and usually ended up with good hauls.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2019, 08:45 AM »
Midnight madness is played out especially since all of those figures will be peg warmers for at least a year.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2019, 10:07 AM »
My days of doing a midnight madness event are long gone.

Same here.  The last few Force Friday releases, I ordered some stuff online (like a case of basic figures) or just waited for clearance on others.  Hard to get amped up to pay $30-50 for vehicles that will be 50% off on Amazon by Christmas time.   I think for TLJ I got the A-Wing for $20 like a month after release and the Canto Police thingy for like $12 a couple months later.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2019, 01:04 PM »
It's definitely not like it was 20 years ago when the movies opened in May.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2019, 01:35 PM »
I think for TLJ I got the A-Wing for $20 like a month after release and the Canto Police thingy for like $12 a couple months later.

I usually don't buy vehicles due to space issues, but when I saw the A-Wing for $5 at 5 Below and the TIE Silencer for $9 at Ross I couldn't pass.