Author Topic: Triple Force Friday - October 4th  (Read 21674 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: Triple Force Friday - October 4th
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2019, 09:58 AM »
I'm not too far from the one in Monument.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2019, 03:13 PM »
Site sponsor EE did up a video on some of the new toys and also posted a checklist of things they'll be posting for pre-order on 10/4.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2019, 04:36 PM »
I'm kind of curious about this Target exclusive Collector Mystery Box.  Reports indicate that there's going to be a mystery figure packed in, and the packaging leads me to believe that it might be a Black Series figure.  Does anyone have any kind of clue if it's going to be one character that's only available in this release, or are we looking at a kind of blind box situation?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #33 on: October 1, 2019, 09:48 AM »
StarWars.com has posted a run-down of stores with Triple Force Friday events/freebies.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 1, 2019, 05:54 PM »
Kind of wondering how big this "event" is going to be this Friday. It could just be me, but the store I work at has been getting in Frozen II and Star Wars stuff over the past week plus, and I'm guessing it has been about 6 to 1 Frozen to Star Wars ratio. A few cases of Black Series and a handful of GOA, no sign of TVC stuff yet. At least as far as action figures go, it hasn't been much so far.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 1, 2019, 09:17 PM »
Almost 48 hours out now and I’ve decided I’m all in...online, in-store, late night, early morning the whole shebang. I have some money saved up now and I’d just as soon grab everything at once.

I’m guessing we will only actually see about a third of what has been revealed so far. One case of TVC, one case of 6”, those crappy gold figures and a bunch of role play junk. Oh and the Target Mystery Box. Maybe their Carbonized figure if we’re lucky.

Anyone think these will show up at any brick and mortar stores outside of Target or Walmart on Friday? I have heard some people talking about Best Buy. I’m not holding out hope for Walgreens or GameStop though.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 2, 2019, 09:49 PM »
Alright just about 24 hours out now, trying to work out the final details.

Target should have all these in a dedicated end cap right? Or failing that, hopefully in the toy aisle somewhere, I assume? Or do I need to check the seasonal overflow area too as in years past?

Walmart is likely to have everything in a stand-alone display I gather? Or again, strewn about randomly in the toy aisle which no longer has a dedicated SW section.

We’re not expecting the 6” Carbonized Jet Trooper or 2nd Sister I’m guessing?

Good luck to everyone!

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #37 on: October 2, 2019, 10:10 PM »
We’re not expecting the 6” Carbonized Jet Trooper or 2nd Sister I’m guessing?

Of course, your mileage may vary, but both of those should be out there on Friday.  All four of the Carbonized should be.  Twitter has a few reports of leaked Second Sisters that were put out at GameStop stores but register locked until 10/4.  The Carbonized Jet Trooper has also been spotted in the Walmart shippers. 

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 3, 2019, 08:36 AM »
I saw some leaks at Kohl's the other day.  It was some roleplay stuff and the Galaxy of Adventures figures.  Seeing those and no 3.75" or 6" figures was a little dispiriting.  And while I got a little bit of a look at the 5" figures, I honestly felt like I couldn't even be bothered to look at them all that closely.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #39 on: October 3, 2019, 01:51 PM »
Hasbro Pulse put out a collector item checklist today for the upcoming TVC and Black Series items. It has some confirmation on when and where things will be appearing.
« Last Edit: October 3, 2019, 01:51 PM by Jeff »

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 3, 2019, 02:10 PM »
Can't say I'm too excited about the launch. My plan is to go online and buy $75 worth of LEGO to get the special free 20th Anniversary Line Endor set, then try to get the Mandalorian figure off of Amazon.

Can't get to Target until Saturday at the earliest due to work and my high school football broadcasts, and allegedly Walmart is only getting 1 case of everything, and I played that song and dance in 2015 so no thank you.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 3, 2019, 08:13 PM »
Can't say I'm too excited about the launch. My plan is to go online and buy $75 worth of LEGO to get the special free 20th Anniversary Line Endor set, then try to get the Mandalorian figure off of Amazon.

Can't get to Target until Saturday at the earliest due to work and my high school football broadcasts, and allegedly Walmart is only getting 1 case of everything, and I played that song and dance in 2015 so no thank you.

I was debating whether to stop by WM or not. It is kind of on the way to Target, and I haven’t seen any evidence at the store where I work getting any of the Vintage Collection stuff in. I’m planning on checking some places after taking the kiddo to school, but won’t get anywhere “at open”, so we will see what kind of luck I have. Mainly looking for the TVC figures, a couple Black Series figures (specifically the Mando and Rey), and I would maybe be tempted by the TVC vehicles if I see them.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 3, 2019, 08:25 PM »
Whew, I did a lot of reconnaissance today and was able to glean some good info.

I saw the new Target endcap display with giant Rey and Kylo holding their lightsabers.  No actual merchandise yet but now I know where to head tomorrow morning. Looks like one side is fully dedicated to Funko and the other side Hasbro.

I swung by GameStop and watched a guy bust open a box of new figs he was planning to put out overnight. interestingly, they were all black boxes he also offered to hold a Carbonized Second Sister for me so I was very appreciative of that.

I predict a lot of driving tonight but hopefully success.  :)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 4, 2019, 12:43 AM »
Just got home, no one put out anything. Just incredibly pathetic. I’m going to bed.  :(

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 4, 2019, 10:23 AM »
Took a drive around after taking the kiddo to school and hit one WM and one Target. Both stores had an end cap display and a free standing display. WM had a mix of things, including TVC figures (minus Knight of Ren, but including Skiff Lando). Also GoA stuff, Black Series (no Mando, but they did have the carbonized jet trooper), the Skiff, and the usual lightsabers and Funko POPs. Target had no TVC (or place for them), Black Series (and carbonized Mando exclusive), GoA, Funko, etc. Overall, my purchases:

WalMart
TVC Rey, X-Wing Luke, Poe, and Zorii Bliss
GoA Chewbacca (curious to check one of these out)

Target
Black Series Rey and D-O, the Mandalorian, Exclusive Carbonized Mandalorian

TVC Sith Jet Trooper, Rey, X-Wing Luke (Target)
TVC Knight of Ren (BBTS)

No shows for me locally: TVC Knight of Ren, “First Release” White Boxed Black Series, TVC X-Wings, and only one Black Series Mando between my two stops. I saw multiples of other figures outside of the TVC Knight and BS Mando, who seemed to really be the most popular.  Side note - WAY more Frozen II product out there today than Star Wars.