Author Topic: The Force Awakens Toy Line - Rumors and Speculation  (Read 36633 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: The Force Awakens Toy Line - Rumors and Speculation
« Reply #120 on: September 28, 2015, 08:06 PM »
super-Armored-up tongue Action Jar Jar Binks

That's a different kind of toy.

I'm glad that everyone who harps that Hasbro is ruining Star Wars now have a human's name to put to it.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 8, 2016, 02:26 PM »
Thought this might be the best place to put this, but with Toy Fair not too far off now, what do you think the line will look like for 2016.  We'll most likely see some sort of ramp up when Rogue One gets closer, but do you think it will be mostly Force Awakens focused for the rest of the year?  Will we see any other vehicles get made?  I know larger vehicles are probably unlikely in an "off" year from the main trilogy, but its too bad things like Kylo Ren's shuttle and the First Order drop ships won't see toy form.  I was thinking that the vehicle line up in the Force Awakens was somewhat subdued, but I guess it isn't all that different from A New Hope.  We had a speeder (Luke's/Rey's), X-Wings, TIE Fighters, and the Falcon :).

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 8, 2016, 03:21 PM »
I'm thinking Hasbro does a "tiny" toyline for Rogue One similar to a Marvel movie, i.e. there's only 2 waves, all 5POA and pretty much all main characters. Remember that Episode 8 is out only 5 months after Rogue One. Therefore we probably won't see anything until SDCC for Rogue One, and Hasbro probably won't make too much more from TFA.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 8, 2016, 07:11 PM »
Hasbro probably won't make too much more from TFA.

I agree. There's the next two waves of both 5POA assortments. One more wave of WalMart's TBS 3.75" and a handful of new Armor-up and 2-pack sets. I think that's going to be "it" for TFA-focus of the line.

I doubt we ever get "old lady Leia" in figure form and if rumors are true that Luke and Rey have scenes on that island right at the beginning of EP8, then I would think the first wave for EP8 will include Luke and a repack of Rey from the end of TFA. I could see them maybe doing a "EP8 Preview" 2-pack or something with those two characters in it for Christmas next year.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!