Author Topic: 3.75" Celebrate the Saga 5POA Multi-Packs  (Read 3565 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
3.75" Celebrate the Saga 5POA Multi-Packs
« on: August 21, 2020, 11:49 AM »
Another reveal from today's Hasbro Pulse live stream:  Eight 5-packs with "the best" 5POA figures, updated with photo-real deco.

Hasbro says this is the last hurrah for the 5POA figures.  After this, the kid-focused 3.75" 5POA figures go in the vault (for now) so they can focus on 3.75" SA for collectors and other lines/expressions for kids.  (Does not include fan-focused "Retro Kenner" stuff).

The 5-Packs:
Rebel Alliance - R2, Jedi Luke, Bespin Han, Hoth Leia, Chewbacca
The Resistance - BB-8 w/Porg, Poe, Rey, Finn, C3PO
The First Order - BB-9E, Mouse Droid, Hux, Phasma, FO Stormtrooper, FO Flametrooper
Jedi Order - R7-A7, Mace, Yoda, OBi-Wan, Anakin
Galactic Republic - OOM-10, Clone, Shocktrooper, Cody, 501st
Galactic Empire - R2-Q5, Biker Scout, Snowtrooper, TIE Pilot, Squad Leader
Bounty Hunters - R5-P8, Boba, IG-88, Jango, Bossk
The Sith - TC-4, Maul, Palps, Vader, Kylo

BOLD names are new repaints, rest are repacks (with photoreal deco for humans)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2020, 12:43 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: 3.75" Celebrate the Saga 5POA Multi-Packs
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2020, 04:06 PM »
So ALL the humans have new face deco?  So basically, if I'm collecting new figures, variants, repaints, and kit-bashes, I'd probably need to order all of them yeah?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2020, 04:10 PM by Rob »

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: 3.75" Celebrate the Saga 5POA Multi-Packsc
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2020, 04:12 PM »
Wtf is even the difference between an animated and realistic style droid??
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2020, 05:47 PM »
Sculpting style... see CW Artoo or Rebels Chopper vs. all the other regular 3.75" droids.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2020, 11:38 PM »
Yeah what Rob said...  the tcw figs were pretty significant...  rebels Chopper really isn’t tho, oddly.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2020, 12:40 PM »
I'm going to take a wait and see approach on the repainted variants.  I've gotten less and less interested in variations, repaints, etc. and really don't want the extra price of three repacked figures in tow.  If they were single carded figures I'd probably bite, but I'm really not so sure when they're bundled in to a four pack.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2020, 08:53 AM »
Was anyone else irked that this Disney term crept into the Pulse web stream - "They're going in the vault"?

Some of these are a pass for me.  Others are a little tempting - like getting TC-4 or OOM-10.  With R7-A7?  I basically built that droid from the B-A-D program at Disney.  R5-P8 was in one of the Disney astromech 4-packs.  And I bought a slew of POTJ R2-Q5's back in the day.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #7 on: September 9, 2020, 11:15 PM »
Agreed on the vault thing.  Hasbro doesn’t need to be in the business of making things ****** to get on purpose...  it’s seemingly how they’re leaning though. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 2, 2020, 07:42 PM »
Doesn't stop coming. Amazon moved my 4 clones/OOM 10 up to next Wednesday from Nov 4. I should probably cancel.
« Last Edit: October 2, 2020, 07:43 PM by GrandMoffNick »
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 6, 2020, 02:59 PM »
Not gonna say OOM-10 is worth $30, but glad to have it in my collection
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2020, 12:24 PM »
Had a not-for-the-better job change this week which has made me re-evaluate my collecting. First step was finally deciding to break the “One of everything Mint In Box” madness - no one magical rich collector is going to come in and swoop up my collection some day, so the point of trying to maintain that standard was driving me crazy. So while I did get a couple of these “Celebrate the Saga” sets to open for the unique droid, I am rounding up all 8 MIB ones and returning them today, 2 back to Best Buy and the other 6 to a UPS store to be sent back to Amazon. The crazy thing is that adds up to $240 for 5POA rehashes. While I’m not happy about this life change, it took the life change to finally realize how, for me at least, this quest to have one of everything MIB was not a path I should be following.

Gonna be finally looking to sell my 12” (Hasbro and Sideshow), Unleashed, Transformers (both Star Wars and regular) and a bunch more stuff over the coming months mostly to reduce my collection footprint. I honestly would be happy to get it down to just all my open stuff and anything in Vintage-style packaging. And then it would be up to Hasbro how long they keep me as a customer, but that too would depend on how employment goes... 2020 has been great!
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2020, 07:43 PM »
That sucks, Pete sorry to hear this. You have always been the Gold standard for collectors so to hear you say you can’t keep it up pretty much convinces me no one can anymore. I’m taking stock lately too and wondering the same thing. Trying to cut back everywhere I can but it still doesn’t seem like enough sometimes.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2020, 08:37 AM »
Sorry to hear that as well, Pete.  I know it’s a tough time in general.  MTFBWY!

So I bought one of the Celebrate the Saga sets.  Specifically, the Sith multipack.  And I’m actually impressed by the paint applications.  This could be the best face deco I’ve ever seen on a 3.75” Darth Maul!  Palpatine looks really good, too. 

I don’t know how many more of these sets I’m going to buy, but this one exceeded my expectations. 
« Last Edit: October 30, 2020, 08:37 AM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2020, 08:59 AM »
Had a not-for-the-better job change this week which has made me re-evaluate my collecting.

I must have missed this earlier in the month.  Sorry to hear about that, Pete.  Hope everything works out well for you on your new path!

So I bought one of the Celebrate the Saga sets.  Specifically, the Sith multipack.  And I’m actually impressed by the paint applications.  This could be the best face deco I’ve ever seen on a 3.75” Darth Maul!  Palpatine looks really good, too. 

I don’t know how many more of these sets I’m going to buy, but this one exceeded my expectations. 

Despite my initial "meh" response to these, I did cave and pick up the Jedi Order and Sith sets just for the droids since they are 15% off on Amazon this week.  Probably still too much to pay for just wanting the droids, but oh well - I've been a sucker on this stuff for 20+ years, why stop now.  :-[

Like Nick said, I thought the figures were really good for what they are.  Maul and Palpatine in the Sith set and Yoda and Mace especially in the Jedi set look really great (Anakin and Obi-Wan not so much)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2020, 12:35 PM »
Sorry to hear the news Pete, but these things have a way of working out for the best over the long run.  Wishing you success in whatever comes next!  And in the  meantime, have fun going through all your SW goodies!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today