Author Topic: Walmart 2020 The Mandalorian/The Child Figure Pack  (Read 13625 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Walmart 2020 The Mandalorian/The Child Figure Pack
« Reply #105 on: January 27, 2021, 02:52 PM »
Brian's already messaged me about it, but I'll let you know if he ends up not taking it.

Online Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 3, 2021, 06:49 AM »
Just got an email from Walmart apologizing for not including a The Child pin in my order as advertised.  They are emailing a $10 gift card as a result.

So between no pin on this order and a cancelled order for my Incinerator Trooper I've received $20 in gift cards that I can use for a future Star Wars exclusive that they'll botch.  ;D

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 3, 2021, 09:30 AM »
Just got the same email.  Honestly I’d completely forgotten about the pin. 

Online Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 3, 2021, 10:44 AM »
Just got the same email.  Honestly I’d completely forgotten about the pin.

I'm just happy I actually got the figure, unlike the Incinerator Trooper.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 3, 2021, 01:21 PM »
Just got an email from Walmart apologizing for not including a The Child pin in my order as advertised.  They are emailing a $10 gift card as a result.

So between no pin on this order and a cancelled order for my Incinerator Trooper I've received $20 in gift cards that I can use for a future Star Wars exclusive that they'll botch.  ;D

Same here.  I wonder if there was some pressure put on corporate with all the complaints they received from customers... plus I'm going to assume Hasbro, too, since they mentioned issues during their Friday reveal show. 

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 16, 2021, 03:28 AM »
Well, my Grogu lost an arm with only very mild pressure.  The joint was clearly stuck and I massaged it every so slightly.

Sigh...
Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 16, 2021, 11:19 AM »
Grogu is super delicate!  I had an arm come off of mine, but I was able to get it back on easily enough.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #112 on: February 16, 2021, 12:05 PM »
They should pop right back in....they are very small ball joints.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 16, 2021, 02:12 PM »
Anyone know if they are making more of these?  My order was cancelled
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #114 on: February 16, 2021, 02:30 PM »
Anyone know if they are making more of these?

I don't think anyone knows.

This is the same company that sent emails saying "sorry we're never getting more Incinerator Troopers" only to turn around and list it for sale again within days.  If Walmart itself doesn't know what it's doing, then we have little hope of knowing either.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Online Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 16, 2021, 03:54 PM »
Anyone know if they are making more of these?

I don't think anyone knows.

This is the same company that sent emails saying "sorry we're never getting more Incinerator Troopers" only to turn around and list it for sale again within days.  If Walmart itself doesn't know what it's doing, then we have little hope of knowing either.

;D ;D ;D

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 16, 2021, 06:08 PM »
And the price is up a couple bucks on them now, too(out of stock still)... without the pin.

I have an extra that I figured if I'd keep it or return it.  I preordered it when it was listed at $24.99 and they never adjusted the price.  I have yet to contact them and maybe it'd be too much of a hassle that I might just return it.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 19, 2021, 12:57 PM »
Need to vent on this for a moment.  I ordered two of these at the $24.99 price.  I cancelled that order when they dropped to $17.68 and ordered two at the lower price plus the free pins.  Fast forward several months and one of the items is cancelled from my order, but not the other.  I just recently discovered that the order was still active and one of the 2-packs is still pending.  So I reached out to Walmart today to inquire.  This was their response:

"I have carefully gone through our records and have determined that your item did not process correctly. (No ****) At this time the order is stuck in the processing state. In this type of scenario the best option is to send a request. Once the request is submitted the fulfillment center will notice it (hopefully) and sometimes this request makes the order to be shipped or can be cancelled.  If the order is cancelled you will be notified and can absolutely place the order again. (Apparently you are not notified if the order is not cancelled?)"

ME: Yeah, but the item is pretty much sold out.  I do see them selling on your site, but now they're selling for $34.99.  Wow, that feels familiar...

"In this moment the item is only being sold by a third party vendor, not by Walmart.  That is why the price is higher."

So, preordered six months ago, one item is cancelled for no reason, one item is in limbo and likely not available now, so I will get nothing - no figure or the $10 coupon for people that didn't get the pin because I never got the figure in the first place AND I could buy the figure from your own damn site if I want to pay $35 for it now.  I get that mistakes happen and I get that they can't control third party pricing, but this has to be the absolute worst order handling and customer service response I have ever encountered.  They should be giving me a $35 credit to go buy the two figures from their third party vendor or maybe $55 since I didn't get the pin like everyone else. 

I got an email immediately following saying my order was cancelled.

I HATE WALMART.

*UPDATE*

I just bought 2 of these on Ebay for $45 shipped to be done with it.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2021, 02:04 PM by JediJman »
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 26, 2021, 02:58 PM »
It's just astounding that stores in the middle of nowhere got tons of these and are already putting them on clearance for $10 when the rest of the country has to fight over them, more or less.  :(
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 28, 2021, 04:04 PM »
I just bought 2 of these on Ebay for $45 shipped to be done with it.

These showed in minty shape with tons of extra packaging.  Ebay for the win!