Author Topic: Burger King Glasses Figures!!!!!!  (Read 64893 times)

Offline DualSaberMaster

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Oh great, it's Fett"
    • View Profile
Re: Burger King Glasses Figures!!!!!!
« Reply #45 on: March 1, 2004, 04:19 PM »
It's pretty sad with all these rehashes lately,but I will probably buy them because I never got a chance to get any of those cool BK glasses.  That's IF I can ever find them,considering SoCal bites as far as finding anything Star Wars around here.  I agree they should make a resculpt/SA Luke X-Wing.  Something along the lines of the Unleashed X-Wing Luke would be awesome with oversized removable Helmet,and alot of articulation.
-Ricardo

"I'm like a bad penny, I always turn up"
"#1 Hater of PT Haters, OT+PT = SW Forever."

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 2, 2004, 10:08 AM »
I don't collect Star Wars cups so I'm thrilled with Hasbro's decision NOT to use new figures for this line. The last thing I want is another "vintage" OTC line featuring definitive figures with plastic cups for $10 each. ::)

However, I am wondering where these will be merchandised. Will they be in the toy aisle or housewares? Maybe both? I'm thinking an endcap would be eye-catching.
Post sober.

Offline thegd87

• Youngling
  • ????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 2, 2004, 10:56 AM »
Why are they called Burger King Cups, are they going to be Burger King exclusives?  Cause I thought they were only going to be available through Target?  Maybe i mistaken.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #48 on: March 2, 2004, 11:08 AM »
Burger King had similar Glasses to these as Premiums back in the glory days of the early 80's.  They are very similar in style only they were made of real glass.

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #49 on: March 2, 2004, 12:04 PM »
I was at at Target store today and asked about the tumblers with figure. The lady said that they are on the way and to check back Wednesday afternoon since they have a truck coming in today.

It looks like E1 and E4 have shown up according to teh front page.
For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #50 on: March 2, 2004, 12:11 PM »
Yeah we got a report in from a guy in WI (didn't say where though) I also read at GH that someone in the Twin Cities found them too...Happy Hunting...er :-X

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #51 on: March 2, 2004, 12:18 PM »
Its ok you can say it! HAPPY HUNTING

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #52 on: March 2, 2004, 01:44 PM »
Yeah we got a report in from a guy in WI (didn't say where though) I also read at GH that someone in the Twin Cities found them too...Happy Hunting...er :-X

Uh... so are they in the Toy Aisle then?

I hit the Suburban St. Paul Target at lunch and didn't find anything, nor any luck when I asked about the DPCI number (087-06-0937).

I checked the kiddie dinnerware aisle just to be sure that I didn't miss them though...

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #53 on: March 2, 2004, 01:52 PM »
Mildly interested in the cups, but like everyone else - I could give a rat's ass for more rehashed figures.   ::)  I wonder if anybody will be displaying these next to the original glasses from the vintage era...  I highly doubt I will.

The much uglier question, is how do carded and loose completists (like myself) deal with this crap?   :-\  As much as I'd prefer to have the cups loose, I may just buy one set and leave it in it's package, 'cause I sure as crap don't want any more of these stupid figures loose!   >:(

Maybe these will hit a real nice clearance sale on down the line, and I can pick up another set for some loose cups, and ditch the figures.   8)

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 2, 2004, 06:48 PM »
Mildly interested in the cups, but like everyone else - I could give a rat's ass for more rehashed figures.   ::)  I wonder if anybody will be displaying these next to the original glasses from the vintage era...  I highly doubt I will.

yeah, the vintage glasses i have are actually in my kitchen cabinet... and guess what? i drink out of them. makes for great conversation when "new" people come over and i hand them a glass of something, and it's a jabba the hutt glass  ;D

Offline Padawan Wagaboodles

• Jedi Initiate
  • Choose wisely
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #55 on: March 2, 2004, 09:27 PM »
Are they really charging $20 for these?  Aren't these the same type of glasses that you used to be able to get for 99 cents at fast food places?

Is anyone planning on spending that much o get a set of these?

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #56 on: March 3, 2004, 01:40 AM »
They're $10 a crack.

I want to get the set, but I'd like to think of myself as too savvy of a consumer for them. $10 for a plastic glass that I won't drink out of and a piss poor rehash. Hrm.

don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 3, 2004, 11:05 AM »
This is a bad part on Hasbro, to me much worse then Fan's Choice #6.  Why would you even think about re-hashing a figure with a glass?  If you're going to do that.  Can't we have some rarities thrown in.  Hasbro needs a bg slap on the hand!  But hey I just my buy them for the glass.
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #58 on: March 3, 2004, 07:37 PM »
First, let me say I LOVE the Targets that have the new type of scanners lol

I scored the Figure w/Cup wave 1 Obi-Wan and Maul at the Stillwater / Oak Park Target here in MN today.  There were none on the shelves, but a quick check of the DPCI # 087-06-0937 on the handy new scanners and I saw they were in stock in the backroom!  

I found a helpful shelf-stocker gal and she had a case pulled from the back for me.  The case pack was 2x Obi-Wan and 2x Darth Maul (4 total per case).

Some thoughts:

- $10 is a little steep for what you get, but I love the packaging and the concept.  I love the look of the glasses, the little bio of the characters on them.  Once I saw them in person, I decided I had to have them.

- Obi-Wan has the PotJ Obi-Wan with an Ep1 Obi Saber.  Still has the little hole in his belt, but nothing to stick in it.

- Maul = pretty much the same figure as the Episode 1 version.  Slight coloration change on the face tatoo, but that may just be my sample.

- The back of the packaging still shows the "removable helmet" Hoth Pilot Luke figure.  I guess this is one time where the "Product and Colors may vary" disclaimer actually applies :(

-Overall:
A- for the cups.  Woulda been an A if they were glass, not plastic.
C+ for the figures.  While re-hashes, at least they are good versions of the characters.  PotF2 Obi-Wan woulda sucked (like Luke probably will).

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #59 on: March 4, 2004, 12:02 PM »
Just what Nataku said! But I am in Indy, IN.

The stocker told me why I could not find them on the shelf. He said ALL Target stores are getting ready for a Spring Toy Reset. According to him the Star Wars section will be about double the space. I hope that means we will see spots for OTC stuff and more.

Wave 2 of the Tumblers with Figure are due out in Late March according to Target. Not sure if it will be two new sets or one new one with a repack.

I have to say that these sets are worth picking up. They are cool!