Author Topic: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases  (Read 337027 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases
« Reply #795 on: December 3, 2011, 11:12 AM »
Found the Walmart exclusive figure & vehicle sets this morning. And yes, the packages do have imagery of the cancelled sets
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: December 4, 2011, 07:34 AM »
Picked up an extra Armored Savage Opress and Chewbacca if anyone needs them.

Also my first Even Piel which I might also part with.  Gotta compare him to the one we got with the Council 2 packs.  I don't need more than one Even Piel figure.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline TheSon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: December 4, 2011, 10:13 PM »
Got to ride the new Star Tours at Hollywood Studios today...and surprise, found Chewie and Plo's R series in the gift shop on the way off the ride. Now I just need to find Armored Savage and I am set.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: December 5, 2011, 05:03 PM »
Hells yeah, picked up both Walmart exclusive Deluxe sets at lunchtime today!

Super-psyched to have these, and I'll never be ungrateful for new product, but they sure seem like kind of a sloppy effort. I picked through 10 of these things to find 2 with half decent paint apps. Buzz in particular seemed a little error prone. Might want to inspect them before choosing.

But this was a great find, and likely the last store purchase for 2011, unless those MIA Walmart DVD sets show up.

Woot!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline TheSon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: December 5, 2011, 10:30 PM »
Ditto.. It was fun to actually see something new on the wal-mart pegs. I have to think these were meant for black Friday, but the cover up stickers probably caused a delay. Happy to have it before the holidays.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #800 on: December 6, 2011, 01:31 PM »
A local buddy bought me Seripas and gave me him over the weekend (Thanks Dave!), and he's quite slick.  Well articulated, realistic looking enough...  His rifle's kind of a waste because he cannot hold it really, but he's still a cool figure and has the slick hidden weaponry.  I'm glad to have him in my realistic collection chilling with Embo now.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: December 7, 2011, 06:58 PM »
I saw a Riot Control Clone Trooper on the pegs today at TRU for the first time in months. They had Barriss, Eeth Koth, etc too. Also had a fresh case of Wave 12, so they are cranking through some product evidently.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: December 8, 2011, 04:35 PM »
Saw some $12.99 Clone Trooper and Droids BP's at TJ Maxx. Also a Cad Bane Deluxe set for $9.99. Pass on both.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: December 9, 2011, 10:48 AM »
I'd have been all over that battle pack.

I didn't find anything Star Wars action figure related at TJ Maxx yesterday, besides those Force Battlers that they made to fail.

$4.99 Spiderman figures...if anyone cares. The venom with no articulation below his thighs....meh, and Doc Ock. I'll wait for clearance or never.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: December 10, 2011, 02:50 PM »
Just picked up my second openers of the WalMart Dlx sets.

So I'm done with those now.

Just need: the DVD 2packs (if they come out) and the Mando Gunship (x2) and if I'm lucky enough to be like McMetal and stumble on one more Riot Control Clonetrooper, I'll be good with the SotDS stuff...

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: December 11, 2011, 05:31 PM »
I can never remember where stuff like this goes, but the Bomb Squad Clone from next years battle pack in on ebay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/STAR-WARS-clone-wars-BOMB-SQUAD-tcw-CW-/260909851318?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cbf7062b6

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: December 11, 2011, 10:27 PM »
Just need: the DVD 2packs (if they come out) and the Mando Gunship (x2) and if I'm lucky enough to be like McMetal and stumble on one more Riot Control Clonetrooper, I'll be good with the SotDS stuff...

I actually found two un-opened cases with the Riot Control Clone Trooper last night at TRU. I snagged a Riot dude plus a Barriss for my daughter. PM me if you're interested in this thing, otherwise I will probably just end up returning him. Cheers!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #807 on: December 12, 2011, 01:41 AM »
Saw the Seripas wave for the first time in its entirety, and in some relative bulk, at a local Target this weekend.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #808 on: December 13, 2011, 07:42 PM »
My Target has been getting Seripas cases pretty much twice a week.  There's like three of him sitting there now.  I wish they'd get the Chewie wave more, because I'd like to get more of him.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #809 on: December 13, 2011, 07:57 PM »
Saw more Seripas too...

I've said it before but the "secondary" guys are rare for about 3 seconds till the wave gets full distribution.  Once that happens, it proves what Hasbro has said about the Clone Wars line i'm afraid, and kinda emphasizes why they're going TPM3D and not CW in 2012.