Author Topic: TLC Millenium Falcon  (Read 232147 times)

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
Re: TLC Millenium Falcon Upgrade
« Reply #315 on: April 21, 2008, 03:40 PM »
Well, clearly if I had to choose one, it would be the Falcon. But I'll be getting both.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: April 21, 2008, 03:56 PM »
They both look amazing, and I hope to get both too, but if I had to choose one it would definitely be the Falcon as well.

Its always been my favorite ship, and the hand-me-down vintage one I had/have was my only ship aside from the snowspeeder as a kid.  If for some reason I had to sell most of my collection (or just pack it away), I'd want to keep one of these new Falcons and the VOTC/VTSC figures.  I'm really looking forward to it - I've been hoping they would do something like this.  That said, the AT-TE looks awful spiffy too - and I hope I'm able to get both of these.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: April 21, 2008, 04:07 PM »
I agree Sal... to see people whining about the price of this thing... or saying it's too big, too small, etc. is pretty irritating.  If collectors aren't happy with this, then they'll never be happy and quite frankly I don't know why they even collect this stuff.

In regards to ruiner's question... I'd have to go with the Falcon.  As much as I love the AT-TE, and really want one, I'd get the Falcon over the AT-TE... not because it's OT, but because I just love what a huge role in the films that it has.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #318 on: April 21, 2008, 04:31 PM »
Hypothetically speaking, if you only had room for ONE new +$100 vehicle this year, which one would it be?  The Falcon or the AT-TE?

Good question Ruiner...

I'd go with the AT-TE...  The Falcon is obviously underscaled, while the AT-TE's pretty damn close if not spot-on to-scale, and $50 cheaper.  Those two factors would swing my vote and I'd live without a new uber Falcon because, as it is, I'm on the fence on getting it anyway.

Part of me thinks it's too iconic to pass up despite my collecting habits, but at the same time I've stuck to my guns on the scale issue in the past and may do so with the new Falcon.  It'll mostly depend come time how badly I want it when I see it I suppose.  The AT-TE's a must-buy for me though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: April 21, 2008, 05:13 PM »
I'm with ya on the AT-TE. 

The boys love clones and have a nice little army compiled so the AT-TE makes perfect sense in contrast to the Falcon.  As Hasbro says, the kids love the prequels moreso than the OT, and in my house, that holds true.

The Falcon just isn't cool to the kids - and really, I can't blame them for thinking that.  They see no difference between the new one and the one from 1977. 

But that's not to say that if I had the cash I would splurge for both the Falcon and AT-TE.  I most certainly would. 

But as of today, it's looking like the AT-TE will be the only vehicle purchase for 2008.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: April 21, 2008, 06:25 PM »
Does anyone know what the Target card will do as far as a discount?  I mean, if you sign up for one?  That first purchase is discounted, isn't it?

Yes, it is a 10% discount on the first purchase. 

The real question is whether or not you want a new line of credit to save $15.00

If it were me, I'd only consider that if I was wanting the card anyway.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: April 21, 2008, 06:35 PM »
Well for me, it's the AT-TE as well. As much as I love the Falcon and the new features that this version has, the AT-TE is a vehicle I don't have in a scale for my 3.75" figures yet.

Also, I'm still convinced that the original prediction of a July release for the Falcon is off. Either that or SOMEHOW Hasbro has convinced stores like TRU (if the recent Rebelscum report is to be believed) to commit to a space for the Falcon from July through the Christmas season. That seems like an awfully long time.

Although, now that I write this, it almost makes sense, perhaps the reason WHY Hasbro was willing to do the big vehicles is because the box stores ARE willing to devote the shelf space to them for an extended period of time, extending the selling opportunity window.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: April 22, 2008, 09:16 AM »
Hypothetically speaking, if you only had room for ONE new +$100 vehicle this year, which one would it be?  The Falcon or the AT-TE?

Good one. I've been waiting for a larger Falcon for a long time, so it'll have to be the Falcon.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: April 22, 2008, 01:35 PM »
Hypothetically speaking...it'd have to be the Falcon, as much as I like the AT-TE.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #324 on: April 22, 2008, 04:51 PM »
Hands down the Falcon!

I was planning on two AT-TE's but now all I care about getting is the most iconic SW vehicle - The Falcon. I lost a lot of interest in the AT-TE (I will still get one, don't get me wrong). The BMF looks like an all around cooler to with better play value. If I was a kid who had the ability to still play wit toys I would still have gone for the Falcon. In fact most of my army building habits is based on my childhood wants when I played with toys....25 Cobra troopers, 50 Stormtroopers.........
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: April 23, 2008, 12:24 PM »
I just saw the front and back box pictures over at Rebelscum forums.  Well apparently the photos are from Galactichunter.com but I could not see them on that site?  Anyway, holy smokes it looks fantastic! 

Love all the little stuff they put into it.  A light up Dejaric table, escape pod vehicle, medical bay, gunner station, han's chair & computer console thing, 2 rows of chairs, remote training ball and string, smuggling compartments, lights, sounds, phrases, landing gears, radar dish, and on and on.  I never did buy the 30th anniv Han Solo and it looks they packed that in with a VOTC Chewie I believe.  I did not see the underneath turret gun.  So, not sure if that is even included or not? 

Well suffice to say I need to start saving up a lot of money for this and the AT-TE.  The wife is gonna be furious at me this year.  Ha-ha-ha.  Maybe I can get my parents to pitch in a bit because this 34 year old needs his expensive toys! 

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #326 on: April 23, 2008, 02:24 PM »
Oh yeah, I'm all over this thing. I'm going so far as to rethinking my office set up to accommodate the Falcon and the AT-TE.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: April 24, 2008, 05:16 PM »
I'm definitely going to buy this one, but the cheap-ass in me would sure like to find a way to discount the price somewhat (like a 20% coupon or something).  I should just start a savings fund for it, because that would be the easiest way for me to justify plunking down 150 for a toy all at once.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: April 24, 2008, 05:46 PM »
I'm definitely going to buy this one, but the cheap-ass in me would sure like to find a way to discount the price somewhat (like a 20% coupon or something).  I should just start a savings fund for it, because that would be the easiest way for me to justify plunking down 150 for a toy all at once.

I know how you feel. Thats why I am gonna be saving all my tonnies ($2) and see how much i can get before this thing comes out. I was initially saving up the money for the At-Te but this falcon just looks ten times better, however that doesnt mean I am going to completly pass on the AT-TE. Ill probably just ask my parents if I can take some money out of my bank account to help though...considering i have been working for 2 years now without touching any of it...

but again it all depends on how much this thing will cost up North if its more then $160 then I will be forced to pass...
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #329 on: April 24, 2008, 06:50 PM »
Let's see...does opening a Target or TRU credit card acount get you 10% off the first purchase?  I may try that, and buy both at once.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com