Author Topic: Customs by Fritzkrieg Update 10-02-2016 Go to Last Page  (Read 356590 times)

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
Re: Customs by Fritzkrieg Update 05-12-2006
« Reply #375 on: May 12, 2006, 09:00 AM »
Hey Fritz - I love it!  I think the greebles and painting are top-notch.  The assymetry doesn't bother me too much but it is difficult to imagine how it would work in battle.  At least we now know why you were looking for the toner cartridge!    I've seen this tank around and wondered what could be done with it. 

Offline Outrider

• Jedi Initiate
  • IMPS RULE
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: May 12, 2006, 11:31 PM »
I'm in awe of your creativity.  I didn't think that it could get much better than that last custom vehicle you made but I think that this one takes the blue ribbon.  Personally the asymmetrical design is what I love about the piece.  Also the republic colors that you apply look practically movie prop quality.  As usual your work is outstanding but this piece really does it for me.  Top shelf design and execution!
NOTE TO HASBRO,
SA JANGO would sell quite well!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: May 13, 2006, 04:41 PM »
This is easily one of the coolest vehicles I've seen anyone make.  Very well done on assembly and painting.  It's fantastic.

Really reminds me of the tanks used in the Battlefront games.  Any inspiration from those tanks in making this?

:)

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: May 13, 2006, 06:30 PM »
Thanks for all the feedback Guys.

The inspiration for this Tank was partly from  the Battle Front and Battle Grounds Video games, as well as Chewie's Hover Tank he made a couple of weeks ago. The asymmetry is mainly do to a lack of Duplicate Fodder Pieces. But, Some of the Coolist Vehicles in the Star Wars Saga are asymmetrical, ie The Millenium Falcon and the B-Wing Fighter.  I originally wanted to use 2 of the Toner Cartridges (The Booster Tank Looking Thingy on the Left. But, It'll be another 3 Months Before I have to Change the Toner in my Fax Machine. I'm just not that Patient. The right Wing Looking Thingy, is Actually the Giant Gun that Comes w/ those Cheap Walmart Mechs. I Also used some of the Hatches from that Same Mech for Some of the Paneling on my Tank. I thought About Possibly Mounting ab E-Web where the Front Clone Trooper Tripod Gun is Mounted but it looked a little out of Propotion next to the Main Cannon. I'll be making another Version soon.
Fritzkrieg

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #379 on: May 13, 2006, 06:33 PM »
Cool parts selection, I was wondering what that wing was.  Great idea. 
Also a good point about the Millenium Falcon.  I stand corrected.  :)
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Cobra Attack Helicopter and Pilot
« Reply #380 on: May 14, 2006, 09:43 AM »
I know this is a little bit of a stretch for me, I usually stick to Star Wars Customs. But, my  very first Customs as a child were Gi Joe figures. When GI Joe Real American Hero came out I thought it was such an amazing line, with alll the removable gear, cool vehicles, and the Amazing Articulation. It was light years beyond the Star Wars line. So, I ceased Star Wars Collecting and became a GI Joe Collector.I believe History would say that GI Joe killed the Vintage Star Wars Line not the Lack of Movies. I started Customizing GI Joes almost imediatly. Who Did'nt want a snake Eyes in Snow Job's snow Suit? I think most of the time my Gio Joe line was 75% disasembled. When I first saw the BBI Attack Helicopter, I remebered how much I wanted a Hind Soviet Attack Helicopter as a kid, to use for my Cobra Army. Rambo and Red Dawn Really Showcased these Awsome looking Choppers. So, I instantly wanted to Paint it Blue and fill it Full of Vipers :D, But now that I am a Star Wars Collector first an a GI Joe enthusiast second, I'll be selling this custom do to the fact that I need the Shelf Space for my Clone Wars Gunship. LMK what you think.

Cobra Attack Helicopter

Fritzkrieg
Fritzkrieg

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Customs by Fritzkrieg Update 05-14-2006
« Reply #381 on: May 14, 2006, 03:32 PM »
That is cool seeing the same basic ship used in two different universes. They look so different that its hard to see what was kept between them. Have you considered putting lights and sounds in these ships?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: May 14, 2006, 04:39 PM »
That is pretty cool Fritz!  The paint apps are very crisp, nice job.
I was really into G.I. Joe ARAH since Star Wars was a bit too old for me when I started getting into figures.  Luckily, I was swayed by my friend's dad's collection  8) and I got rid of all of my old G.I. Joes (no idea where they went).  I love how compatible the G.I. Joe and Star Wars universes are.  I could easily see that Cobra Attack Helicopter attacking a Gunship.  Great work as usual!

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: May 16, 2006, 04:58 PM »
That heli's nice looking, Fritz. Are these the Elite Force choppers that are on clearance at Target?
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Stealth Commando Insertion and Retrieval Craft
« Reply #384 on: May 18, 2006, 01:21 AM »
I thought the Republic Commandos Needed a Stealth Gunship for Rapid Insertion and Retrieval for Use in Their special Ops Missions. LMK what you think.
GAR Stealth I&R Gunship.

Fritzkrieg

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Customs by Fritzkrieg Update 05-18-2006
« Reply #385 on: May 18, 2006, 09:55 AM »
Now that is really kick ass! I came across this helicopter at Target a few days ago in the clearance section. I can definately see the huge improvements you made to it. What did you do with the crappy figure that comes with the ship?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2006, 10:33 AM by Master_Phruby »
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline glorbes

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
    • Glorbesworld
« Reply #386 on: May 18, 2006, 10:24 AM »
Oh man...I love custom vehicles.  These ones are absolutely incredible.  They remind me of some of the Joe Johnston conceptual designs for Empire Strikes Back...they look completely at hom in the Star Wars universe.

The fact that you have managed to create these credible and in-scale vehicles with such inexpensive fodder is completely to your credit.  I love both versions of the drop ship...the stealth one has some terrific weathering effects, and the second version of the red and white dropship is a HUGE improvement over the previous version (wasn't crazy about the TIE wings attached to the back...good call removing them).  I look forward to checking out the rest of your thread.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #387 on: May 18, 2006, 05:07 PM »
Excellent update Fritz!

I really like the new Stealth Gunship. The weathering is excellent and the Republi logo on the side looks great. Most people seem to forget to put htose on clone vehicles so it is cool to see remembered that little detail. The added guns look great, this thing could kick some serious ass. It looks like it would be about the size of a Little Bird, but it packs more fiepower than an Apache.  Like the last one though I think you should paint the interior, I don't like the sea green color it has, it just doesn't fit with the rest on the ship. The stealth commando looks really good too. I like the modded back pack and leg holster.

Keep it up! :)
"This is the way."

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Republic Commando Stealth Armor
« Reply #388 on: May 18, 2006, 08:52 PM »
The Pics of this Custom I posted with The Stealth Gunship, came out really Crappy. so here are some Better Pics. LMK Yhat You Think.

Republic Commando Stealth Armor

Fritzkrieg

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: May 18, 2006, 10:04 PM »
I really like the stealth dropship.  The cannon on top is a great idea.  As usual the greeblie placement is excellent  8)

The Stealth Armor Scorch looks awesome as well.  Nice balance of crisp paint apps and weathering.  The only thing that I would change would be to give him articulated knees.  Still, it is an excellent repaint.