Author Topic: Everything Rebelscum  (Read 583249 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Everything Rebelscum
« Reply #4155 on: March 7, 2019, 06:41 PM »
Got a link?

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #4157 on: March 8, 2019, 11:57 AM »
Interesting story.  Hopefully, Cunningham can get his life back on track after all of this.

Pretty shameful acts for (I'm assuming it's RS forum members) all the online harassment he's getting.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4158 on: March 9, 2019, 11:01 AM »
Thanks Dale... I had random people at work who had read it walk up to me yesterday knowing that I'm into Star Wars stuff... looking forward to reading it in a bit.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #4159 on: March 10, 2019, 06:39 PM »
My take away was that Star Wars collectors can be pretty big ****heads overall, and Cunningham wasn’t the only person I put that label to.🤷‍♂️
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4160 on: March 11, 2019, 05:19 PM »
I'd be curious to know what that guy was doing with all the money.  And how does this all get resolved?  I'm assuming the stolen merchandise gets returned if it can be identified.  Does that mean the buyer is out all that money?  Or does he have to sue to get his money back?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4161 on: March 11, 2019, 05:29 PM »
I'd be curious to know what that guy was doing with all the money.  And how does this all get resolved?  I'm assuming the stolen merchandise gets returned if it can be identified.  Does that mean the buyer is out all that money?  Or does he have to sue to get his money back?

According to the Article, it looks like Cunningham is paying restitution.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #4162 on: March 11, 2019, 05:33 PM »

According to the Article, it looks like Cunningham is paying restitution.

I read that he is paying back Sansweet and Tann, but was wondering about anyone else involved with his sales.  I assume he didn't sell everything to Tann - if he had then he wouldn't need to repay Sansweet for anything.  What a mess.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #4163 on: March 12, 2019, 01:04 AM »
I thought it said he'd lost his job and was in financial difficulty so I was guessing he was just paying bills with his "new job", more or less.

I'd like to know all those details too though.  Felt like there was a lot of unanswered stuff. 

I really felt bad for the guy in a way.  He has a family and people do stupid stuff sometimes and need to pay, but redemption seems like it may be within his grasp, but there was no mercy from Sansweet at all.  Not that he is obligated to of course, but I've seen more forgiveness from parents who just lost a child to someone from a DUI than I did from Sansweet to that guy over stolen toys.  Just that whole story was kinda depressing top to bottom.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4164 on: March 12, 2019, 07:13 AM »
I have a hard time finding any mercy for the guy either.  It isn't like he stole some POTF2 carded figures.  He stole a freaking Rocket Firing Boba Fett among other rare items.  We are talking hundreds of thousands of dollars in collectables.  He also stole from people who considered him a friend and invited him into their homes.  Sansweet said he knew him for 20 years.  I would be pretty pissed, even at this point if I were Steve.  I have a hard enough time keeping track of my collection on excel that I can't even imagine having to re-inventory everything like Steve had to do.  I don't think the article really goes into to detail as to what was stolen besides the Fett, but I could hazard a guess that some of the stuff would be really hard to replace.  Finding a rocket firing Fett isn't an easy task.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #4165 on: March 12, 2019, 08:10 AM »
From my conversations with people who were directly involved with this mess, Cunningham is a genuine sociopath.  They're pissed that this article portrays him with any sympathy.   He probably manipulated the authors to get favorable coverage in the same way he manipulated Sansweet and Wise to get access to their collections.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #4166 on: March 12, 2019, 08:21 AM »
Using trust and friendship to screw someone makes it real tough for me to have any sympathy for the guy.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #4167 on: March 12, 2019, 10:21 AM »
I pity the guy, not sure if I have any sympathy for him.  Stealing is stealing.  I don't think it matters if it was a $2 clearance figure or a Rocket Firing Fett.  You took something that wasn't yours on multiple occasions from multiple people.  The fact that he did it to friends makes it all the more disgusting.  I'm not endorsing robbing strangers, but I can see where Sansweet was shaken by it being someone he trusted.  Imagine a good friend is over checking out your collection and decides to pocket a few things.  That's a tough betrayal to swallow, and you're left constantly wondering what else might be missing.  The only person(s) I feel bad for here are his kids. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #4168 on: March 12, 2019, 03:04 PM »
I guess I just feel bad in general about the situation.

And if he truly is a sociopath it sounds like he’s trying to get help with that now.  Like I said I’ve seen people who lost a loved one to someone’s negligence or simple lack of giving a **** and I have seen more sympathy.  I can’t blame Sansweet either though.  You feel how you feel.  Like I said I’ve had things stolen from me, by a friend.  Didn’t want the guy’s life in total shambles from it I just wanted him to pay for it and get help for why he did it.  Didn’t wanna be his friend anymore either though haha.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4169 on: March 12, 2019, 04:44 PM »
I guess I just feel bad in general about the situation.

And if he truly is a sociopath it sounds like he’s trying to get help with that now.  Like I said I’ve seen people who lost a loved one to someone’s negligence or simple lack of giving a **** and I have seen more sympathy.  I can’t blame Sansweet either though.  You feel how you feel.  Like I said I’ve had things stolen from me, by a friend.  Didn’t want the guy’s life in total shambles from it I just wanted him to pay for it and get help for why he did it.  Didn’t wanna be his friend anymore either though haha.
Dammit Jesse, how many times do I have to say I don't know how your portable safe ended up in my car?!   ;D
This is the way.

I have spoken.