Author Topic: 6" Black Series Store Finds and Recent Purchases  (Read 208846 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: 6" Black Series Store Finds and Recent Purchases
« Reply #780 on: December 16, 2020, 11:57 AM »
For weeks now, two Walmart’s near me have been showing 6+ Clone Troopers (332nd) in stock, but every time I went by either store they were nowhere to be found, so I finally gave up and figured they were just sitting in a stockroom somewhere buried under other stuff.

Evidently one of the stores found the shipper and put it out, because I saw the counts go down to 3-4 last night so I booked over there first thing this morning and finally found the big shipper waaaaay in the back, past electronics and near dog food. It was set up in the middle of an aisle with a bunch of other random shippers.

This probably worked to my advantage because if they had just put them in the toy section they would have been devoured instantly I am sure. When I got there they still had a few Ahsokas, Clones, and one Super Commando. Was really a beautiful sight! I got the extra Clone Trooper I have been looking for so now I am completely done with this wave.  ;D

Just have to go cancel my original Walmart preorder now, which has been in limbo for months.

On the retail question, the one big change I have noticed is a **** ton more competition out there now. It used to be just a small handful of guys around here and it was never too hard to find what you wanted if you were on the ball with the apps and whatnot. Now it is just crazy. People stalking parking lots prior to stores opening, haranguing employees to bring stuff out early, etc. it is really a blink or you miss it proposition now. I have been really lucky to find pretty much everything to this point, but it takes a loot more time and energy than it used to, that’s for sure.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: December 22, 2020, 12:31 PM »
Picked up Rey, Gideon, Karga and Kuiil at Target today.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: December 24, 2020, 01:07 PM »
Picked up a spare Grogu at Walmart this morning for $5. Not sure if that is a rollback or clearance price, but I wanted another one anyway so well worth it to me. No sign of any of the new wave figures, just the usual remnants of the Cad Bane wave.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: December 26, 2020, 01:02 PM »
Found remnants of the newest wave at two different Targets this morning, but was only able to get Greef and Rey.  :(

The way things go around here, I worry I may never see that wave again, but I hope I’m wrong.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: January 8, 2021, 09:15 PM »
Picked up Jar Jar today at Target along with the Han Solo Archive figure (dark brown coat). Took a little help from a friendly store employee but well worth the effort.  ;D

I was also able to pick up Moff Gideon and Kuill at two different Targets right before New Years, so super relieved to have closed that wave out. Although now I hear there is a Dark Rey variant so maybe not...

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: January 8, 2021, 09:27 PM »
I was able to find Greef Karga, Moff Gideon and Rey (Dark Side Vision) on the GameStop website.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: January 19, 2021, 12:52 PM »
Thought we had a thread on it but couldn't find one, but my Jar Jar Binks preorder has shipped from Entertainment Earth.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: January 20, 2021, 03:46 PM »
Thanks to a tip from a fellow collector I was able to pick up Silver Lightsaber Hilt Dark Rey from a local Walmart. I can’t decide which one to open now though, whichever one is more common I guess. Anyone know?

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: January 21, 2021, 11:44 AM »
Thanks to a tip from a fellow collector I was able to pick up Silver Lightsaber Hilt Dark Rey from a local Walmart. I can’t decide which one to open now though, whichever one is more common I guess. Anyone know?

Oh man, if you want an opinion on variations you have to let us know that it exists first!  Haven't heard of this one before...
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: January 21, 2021, 12:09 PM »
Yakface posted about this a couple of weeks ago.

I'm an opener so I would prefer my toys to be as accurate as possible, so I'd like the silver variant, which hopefully will the more common one. 

I'm still waiting on Amazon to deliver mine.  They're latest ETA is May  :'(

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: January 22, 2021, 04:57 PM »
Picked up two Hoth Leias on vintage cards for $5 each at Walmart today. They had a couple of Archive figures too but no light brown coat Han...

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: January 25, 2021, 04:53 PM »
Yakface posted about this a couple of weeks ago.

Thanks Dave.  I have two and they are both Silver.  If you get the bronze and want to swap let me know.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: January 28, 2021, 06:17 PM »
Thought we had a thread on it but couldn't find one, but my Jar Jar Binks preorder has shipped from Entertainment Earth.

Arrived today. Awesome figure!
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: January 28, 2021, 06:57 PM »
This week was a busy week.

Pulse and Amazon shipped me Jar Jar, Greef Karga, Kuiil, Moff Gideon, and Kamino Clone Trooper.

All really good figures, but the coloring/wash on Jar Jar is absolutely fantastic.  While he's not my favorite character, he looks really good.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: January 30, 2021, 10:18 AM »
Busy week for me too:

Preordered the three new Kenner styled figures from Amazon Thursday night.

Preordered the four new TPM carded figures from Best Buy this morning.

Cancelled my six month old preorder for the last 40th vintage carded wave from Dorkside. I can’t be waiting around that long for something they are going to charge me up front for.