Author Topic: 2017 Droid Factory Sandcrawler Playset  (Read 19317 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: 2017 Droid Factory Sandcrawler Playset
« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2019, 07:51 PM »
Sadly, I'm a bit underwhelmed by this set as a whole. Paint app aside which I think is universally panned, it seems a squashed and I think more can have been done with the interior.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 18, 2019, 12:16 PM »
Saw these for $100 at a Disney Store today
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2019, 01:59 AM »
Was that an outlet store Nick, or a regular one?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 19, 2019, 07:37 AM »
Was that an outlet store Nick, or a regular one?

Regular
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2020, 01:11 PM »

Not sure why all the park exclusives aren't sold at the Disney stores. Wonder how the sales numbers justify their decisions either way.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2020, 01:16 PM »

Not sure why all the park exclusives aren't sold at the Disney stores. Wonder how the sales numbers justify their decisions either way.

I would love to know that too.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2020, 01:28 PM »
I have to wonder if Disney ordered another production run of the Sandcrawler after it appeared in The Mandalorian?  They already had the tooling, so why not get it out to stores, too????
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2020, 03:43 PM »
Not sure why all the park exclusives aren't sold at the Disney stores.

When the Droid Factory stuff was released, Disney went on record saying that certain Star Wars merchandise created for Disney Parks was primarily intended to offer experiences/shopping you can’t find anywhere outside Disney Parks.  When you go there on vacation, they want you to find stuff in the Parks that you've never seen before - can't do that if all the stuff in the park is the same as the stuff in your local Disney Store.

Some stuff does eventually make it on-line or out to Disney Stores, but not everything will.  Disney has said that most of the Galaxy Edge stuff will stay in that park for the experience for quite some time.

In other news, if you don't have the sandcrawler yet, you can grab it on ShopDisney right now and use DISNEYPAL to get 25% off your order.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #53 on: February 14, 2020, 02:29 AM »
And it’s kinda cool, tame paint job aside.  It makes a nice droid display area.

I’ve never understood why they don’t release the Starspeeder in the other decos.  I’d buy a yellow or blue one in a heartbeat.  It’s still one of the best toys for Star Wars figures ever.  Imho it’s far cooler than the barge.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 15, 2020, 11:37 AM »
Not sure why all the park exclusives aren't sold at the Disney stores.

When the Droid Factory stuff was released, Disney went on record saying that certain Star Wars merchandise created for Disney Parks was primarily intended to offer experiences/shopping you can’t find anywhere outside Disney Parks.  When you go there on vacation, they want you to find stuff in the Parks that you've never seen before - can't do that if all the stuff in the park is the same as the stuff in your local Disney Store.

Some stuff does eventually make it on-line or out to Disney Stores, but not everything will.  Disney has said that most of the Galaxy Edge stuff will stay in that park for the experience for quite some time.

Thanks for that explanation.  :)