Author Topic: 2017 SDCC Exclusive 6" Grand Adrmial Thrawn  (Read 6309 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: 2017 SDCC Exclusive 6" Grand Adrmial Thrawn
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2017, 11:02 AM »
This will no doubt be the set that is the toughest to get. Seems everyone is gunning for it.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2017, 11:19 AM »
I browsed some of the early listings on eBay last night, and yeah...this is going to be a rough one.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 2, 2017, 06:48 PM »
I got this in the mail today, barely 24 hours after ordering. Can't beat that!

As I suspected, this thing is awesome. It looks even better in person. The level of detail on the accessories is impressive. Just makes a really nice backdrop for a display shelf too.

I can't see any subtle differences offhand between this Thrawn and the regular release, but I'm not the best at discerning that stuff anyway.

So happy to own this, maybe my favorite thing in the line so far!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 4, 2017, 06:58 AM »
This was one of the exclusives that I really wanted to get.  And I'm glad that I scored this one.  I was very pleasantly surprised by just how fast HTS fulfilled my order.  I placed it at 10:05 Friday morning, and it was on my doorstep by 1 PM on Saturday.  Now that's service!  And I'm also very happy that in both of the boxes I received (I ordered the exclusive Thrawn and Landspeeder) there was a HTS coupon.

I am wondering a little bit about how tall the packaging is, and whether or not it's going to fit on my 6" figure shelf.  But the accessories are just awesome, and I really want to display this the way it was designed to be shown.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 4, 2017, 02:26 PM »
Now I'm getting worried.  You guys got yours delivered in one day, and mine hasn't even shipped yet.   I'm gonna have to call HTS tomorrow.   :'(

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 4, 2017, 08:56 PM »
Now I'm getting worried.  You guys got yours delivered in one day, and mine hasn't even shipped yet.   I'm gonna have to call HTS tomorrow.   :'(

Oh crap.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 5, 2017, 09:46 AM »

If you got a confirmation email you're probably fine.  The fulfillment center mine shipped from is in Pennsylvania, and getting from that facility to where I am in NJ is pretty fast.  That's probably why I got mine so fast.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 5, 2017, 05:31 PM »
Weird. 

Just got off the phone with HTS.com and they were "holding my order due to the high dollar value" ($317 for two Landspeeders and Thrawns).  They didn't send an e-mail or try and reach out to me, so I'm not sure how long they were planning on holding my order.

After verifying my info they promised they would ship it tomorrow.

I guess I've never ordered this much from HTS.com at one time before, but I'm sure I've broken $200 before without a problem.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #23 on: September 5, 2017, 05:37 PM »
That's bizarre. Hopefully it works out for you with no more hitches.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 5, 2017, 09:17 PM »
Weird. 

Just got off the phone with HTS.com and they were "holding my order due to the high dollar value" ($317 for two Landspeeders and Thrawns).  They didn't send an e-mail or try and reach out to me, so I'm not sure how long they were planning on holding my order.

After verifying my info they promised they would ship it tomorrow.

I guess I've never ordered this much from HTS.com at one time before, but I'm sure I've broken $200 before without a problem.

That's an odd policy.  You'd think they would move faster with more expensive orders to make sure they don't lose them.  It does make you wonder how it would have unfolded if you hadn't called.  Glad to hear its still going through!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today