Author Topic: LFL/Disney Announce New Star Wars Movies from Benioff & Weiss  (Read 27582 times)

Offline StBrianOfMinneapolis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Biggs was right!
    • View Profile
Macklunkey!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: LFL/Disney Announce New Star Wars Movies from Benioff & Weiss
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2019, 11:08 AM »
Really?  Okay.  Netflix threw a boatload of money at these guys, and I suspect that between that and the GoT final season reviews it wasn't a difficult decision for these guys and Lucasfilm to party company. 

So what's next?

I'm still excited by the news that Kevin Feige is developing a Star Wars project.  And combine that with the Russo Brothers having "dropped by" Lucasfilm to appear on The Star Wars Show, I think that something really positive could be in the works between them.

"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2019, 11:15 AM »
I guess I'm not surprised that the hundreds of millions from Netflix they got lead to this, but its a bummer because it will just be more fodder for the "Disney Star Wars is a train wreck" folks.  Stuff like this happens all the time in Hollywood but for some reason when it happens in Star Wars it's somehow Mickey Mouse or Kathleen Kennedy's fault.   ::)

So what's next?

I'd love for this to re-open the idea of doing a second Solo film with Han and Chewie working for Jabba, running into Boba Fett for the first time, etc.  So much potential there for OT Imperial run-ins and what not.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2019, 12:13 PM »
So what's next?

I'd love for this to re-open the idea of doing a second Solo film with Han and Chewie working for Jabba, running into Boba Fett for the first time, etc.  So much potential there for OT Imperial run-ins and what not.

I think there's genuine momentum and optimism for a sequel to "Solo".  The podcast associated with Star Wars News Net has gained some traction with their #makesolo2happen movement.  And I agree, it seems to be fertile ground for some fun storytelling.

Feedback

Offline StBrianOfMinneapolis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Biggs was right!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2019, 12:26 PM »
I guess I'm not surprised that the hundreds of millions from Netflix they got lead to this, but its a bummer because it will just be more fodder for the "Disney Star Wars is a train wreck" folks.  Stuff like this happens all the time in Hollywood but for some reason when it happens in Star Wars it's somehow Mickey Mouse or Kathleen Kennedy's fault.   ::)

So what's next?

We can hope. Lets add Greedo in the mix too.
Macklunkey!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2019, 12:29 PM »
RE:  Solo - It's astounding that a movie which had such challenges and still made $400 million is regarded as a failure.

Feedback

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2019, 01:13 PM »
I still think Solo would be better off continued as Disney+ series. I enjoyed the film, but the whole time I was watching it i couldn't help but think it has so much more potential as an episodic tv show.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2019, 05:42 PM »

This. Agree 100%. I really, really liked Solo and would love to see it continue either as a Disney+ show or movie. It really seems like it might be a fresh start after Rise of Skywalker, at least movie wise, with this latest cancelled movie originally scheduled for 2022. So, we may have a wait for big screen Star Wars, which is maybe for the best? But yes, more Solo please.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2019, 10:04 PM »
I’m with Jeff I’m hoping this cracks the door open a little more for a Solo2 since that film feels so unfinished with how it ended.  I loved Solo, and would gladly love to see more.  I was skeptical at someone besides Ford doing it, but they really did a good job.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2019, 10:13 PM »
Judging from the way the final GoT season was received, and their attitude towards fans in general, we may have dodged a bullet here.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2019, 12:10 AM »
Either sequel movie or continue the story on Disney+, as long as they can get all the actors back, I'm cool either way.
This is the way.

I have spoken.