Author Topic: 2020 TVC Boba Fett's Slave I w/stand  (Read 6307 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: 2020 TVC Boba Fett's Slave I w/stand
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2020, 05:39 PM »
Mine is sealed.  I even have the white mailer box.  I just never got around to opening this one. 
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2020, 08:01 PM »
I really thought I had the Slave I, packed away after I re-did my displays. But I don't recall a white mailer box.  ???

If I can't find what I thought I bought, I guess I will be buying the new version.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2020, 09:00 AM »
I missed the original release so I’m looking forward to this. $150 is a lot of scratch for this, though.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline StBrianOfMinneapolis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Biggs was right!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 4, 2020, 12:05 PM »
I was excited about the stand until I looked closer. It suspends the ship a centimeter off the surface it rests on. It’s “flying” vertically in a position where it might as well be parked in. It’s not wrong for the ship to be parked horizontally on a shelf, but it is wrong to be suspended horizontally on a stand similar to the action fleet version. This stand solves that action fleet problem without providing much.

I don’t see the value here. I think this was a cheap way to put out a Mando ship without giving us the Razor Crest. If this new stand were an action flight stand I would have a reason to be really excited.
Macklunkey!

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2020, 10:11 AM »
Received a shipping notice for this last night from EE!

Looks like it will be delivered on Friday.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2020, 10:20 AM »
I don’t have a shipping notice, but I do have a pending charge on my card. 

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2020, 10:59 AM »
I'm kind of hoping that this comes in under the radar with the steel bumper, winch and other recovery gear I've purchased for my Jeep.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2020, 11:11 PM »
My Slave One arrived today and it is incredible!  I had originally passed on the Amazon exclusive, and I never saw the Original BMF Slave One from the Clone Wars line and it was nice to pick this one up with the display stand.

I love the design as well as all the detail put into this.  The stand is cool with the Mythosaur skull on it and it helps display it really well!

My only "gripe" is that the cockpit does not lock into the flight position like it does in the landing position....or if it does, I haven't figured it out yet.

I might have to rearrange some items in the collection room in order to give it some prominence in my collection room!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2020, 04:01 PM »
My Slave I arrived yesterday as well. I did get the Amazon exclusive a few years back and this new version is very similar and not that significantly changed over the older release. The primary differences are that the new version has a darker wash applied and much better paint apps on the reverse side around the engines. The prisoner cell/pod on the new Slave I had the clear top cover, much more like what came with the original Clone Wars version. In a really nice move, the Han Solo in Carbonite “figure” is significantly improved in the new release. It is the full slab with the controls around the sides and has much better silvery paint applications and details. The carbonite block in the old Amazon release was basically a cheap unpainted gray plastic shell. However, if anything with this new set, I am most impressed with the stand. It makes for a much more exciting way to display the ship.  I really wish Hasbro would make stands to hold some of their other vehicles as it makes a fun way to display things.
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2020, 05:30 PM »
There are some cool stands out there in other hobbies if you look around...  someone is also making acrylic stands for Star Wars ships specifically as well that look pretty cool.  I agree though, I wish Hasbro made more floaty stands too.  One for carbonite han slab or speeders especially.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2020, 12:40 AM »
There are some cool stands out there in other hobbies if you look around...  someone is also making acrylic stands for Star Wars ships specifically as well that look pretty cool.  I agree though, I wish Hasbro made more floaty stands too.  One for carbonite han slab or speeders especially.

I’ve actually used some Corgi diecast aircraft stands with some of my SW ships... Their larger cradle-like stands for the 1/72 scale bombers or 1/32 scale fighters will hold up an average sized SW ship pretty well. I had my TROS Poe X-Wing displayed in-flight on a Corgi aircraft stand for a few months and it looked great!
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2020, 11:15 AM »
So the charge for my Slave I from Pulse cleared on May 20th but I don't have a tracking number or shipping notice yet.  Are any of you in the same boat?

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2020, 11:29 AM »
I've had EE not send me a shipping notice until after receiving the item but I could see it had shipped logging into EE.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2020, 12:50 PM »
So the charge for my Slave I from Pulse cleared on May 20th but I don't have a tracking number or shipping notice yet.  Are any of you in the same boat?

Kind-of. They charged my card but I had to update my card, which I did successfully. Haven't heard anything since.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2020, 02:02 PM »
Weird... my credit card is current.  I've been charged.  I guess I'll email them.