Author Topic: 2020 Haslab - TVC Razor Crest  (Read 59725 times)

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: 2020 TVC Haslab Project
« Reply #45 on: August 22, 2020, 08:35 AM »
The options that make the most sense to me are still Razorcreat, Ghost (less likely), Ewok Village, or Death Star Playset. 

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 22, 2020, 10:04 AM »
Twilight  :D
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 22, 2020, 10:50 AM »
I was kinda hoping for a blockade runner about the size of the barge.  But after today's reveal, I'm just floored by how nice they pulled off the hallway, made it modular, etc.  It's basically everything I've been hoping for with diorama-esque playsets for what feels like at least 20 years now.

From the photos I've got to agree that they did a fantastic job with this playset, although for collectors it would have been nice to drop the Rebel Trooper and make it $40, but at this point I'm not going to argue.

I hope they take the inspiration and ideas from this and do the exact same thing with an Imperial version - Death Star / Star Destroyer.  Maybe the Haslab project will be a Death Star and it'll use elements of the modular stuff, but I'd also be excited about a fairly carbon copy of the Tantavie IV playset but with Imperial elements.

Offline StBrianOfMinneapolis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Biggs was right!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 22, 2020, 12:07 PM »
I was kinda hoping for a blockade runner about the size of the barge.  But after today's reveal, I'm just floored by how nice they pulled off the hallway, made it modular, etc.  It's basically everything I've been hoping for with diorama-esque playsets for what feels like at least 20 years now.

From the photos I've got to agree that they did a fantastic job with this playset, although for collectors it would have been nice to drop the Rebel Trooper and make it $40, but at this point I'm not going to argue.

I hope they take the inspiration and ideas from this and do the exact same thing with an Imperial version - Death Star / Star Destroyer.  Maybe the Haslab project will be a Death Star and it'll use elements of the modular stuff, but I'd also be excited about a fairly carbon copy of the Tantavie IV playset but with Imperial elements.

You may be on to something Dave. As much as I laugh at the notion we would get this hallway set and a full Tantive, that approach might work for both a Death Star playset and an imperial hallway set. A design that can snap on in multiple configurations and allow you to make the display as big as you want to would be pretty awesome.
Macklunkey!

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #49 on: August 22, 2020, 03:28 PM »
I'm thinking more and more that it looks like we're getting the Razorcrest.

We're already getting a few more Mandalorian figures.  That show is a hot commodity right now and a properly done Razorcrest will sell like hotcakes!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 22, 2020, 04:46 PM »
You may be on to something Dave. As much as I laugh at the notion we would get this hallway set and a full Tantive, that approach might work for both a Death Star playset and an imperial hallway set. A design that can snap on in multiple configurations and allow you to make the display as big as you want to would be pretty awesome.

Even better, a design that would accomodate new pieces later on.  Like, they could do a cockpit that attaches to the end of one of these hallways... or a briefing room or whatever the hell would make actual sense to add.

More possibilities for a Death Star for sure. 

Although, if newer pieces didn't stand on their own, sales would probably slow down as they got further into releases, as people missing earlier parts wouldn't buy. 

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 22, 2020, 08:19 PM »
Add me to the list of people who think that the Haslab project is going to be a Death Star playset.  The Tantive IV hallway made it abundantly clear that the Haslab project is NOT a Tantive IV starship.  I had hopes and a theory, and those got upended with this reveal.

And something that was said during the Fan First Friday session struck home:  talking about modular playset parts that can work together while discussing the Tantive IV playset.  The way it was framed during that part of the webcast seemed to indicate that it's an approach that will be continuing in the near future.  And I continue to be wondering about the status of Galactic Trading Post - they were making great inroads in this segment of the market, and got officially licensed by LFL.  Now things seem really quiet from them.

All that said, it's going to be interesting to see what comes to light next month when the project is announced.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 23, 2020, 01:21 AM »
Stay tuned on the GTP front... shouldn't be too much longer before their next announcement, or at least that's my understanding.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 5, 2020, 01:52 PM »
I just thought of another project that HASLAB could cover.  The heavy Imperial Shuttle used in Rogue one!

Evidence in support of this are that Hasbro is already planning ideas for the 5th anniversary of Rogue One.  The Tantive IV hallway, TVC K-2S0, TVC Chirrut Imwe, etc.

This could be a good opportunity for a TVC Bodhi and Blaze to be made to round out the squad!  While I still think the Razorcrest is a front runner in this race, I don’t think the Shuttle should be ruled out.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 5, 2020, 02:59 PM »
As always per Jayson. I don't know my marriage could handle both Razor Crest and a separate Haslab item.

https://yakfaceforums.com/main/2020/09/04/rumor-report-vintage-collection-razor-crest-to-be-announced-soon/
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 5, 2020, 04:04 PM »
We’re definitely getting a Razor Crest at some point.  Like it’s been said, that is a winner for Hasbro if it’s a Haslab project or not.

Haslab may be the way to go with the Razor Crest (and I still think that’s what the project will be), but the Cargo Shuttle won’t be made any other way.  It would be a nice surprise to get it!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2021, 11:04 PM by Matt_Fury »
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #56 on: September 5, 2020, 06:38 PM »
I’m still leaning to RC = HasLab. 

I know everyone keeps saying it’s a shoe-in to sell at retail but Hasbro doesn’t look at anything high ticket as a guaranteed seller regardless what it is.  Look at the hobby as it stands...  tank, transport, playsets, XWings...  people wait everything out now if they get even a remote hint they can do so.  I hear people are taking Falcons back to Target now that it hasn’t sold out.  Higher price means higher risk to Hasbro.  I think now if it’s over $50 And a fair sized box, they’re hesitant to shop it around to regular retail.

If it is Haslab it has to be something real special to interest me, and it may drive me to sell my Barge ultimately, if it is.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 5, 2020, 11:01 PM »
I think it just depends on the scale and quality level they plan for the Razor Crest. 

If it's going to be huge, close to scale... $250+... Haslab.

If it's going to be Slave I sized and $150 or less... retail.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 10, 2020, 04:21 PM »
Three words: Ray. Zor. Crest.  Make it happen Hasbro!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 11, 2020, 12:56 AM »
A guy from a youtube video source of mine says that the project will be a playset/diorama, and it's not the Death Star.

That said, several weeks ago I happened across someone's facebook page. He designed and 3d printed a Death Star playset. It's like the Emperor's version of the Malibu Dreamhouse.

He has a couple of minor misgivings, but this thing is still impressive.

I'll try to hunt down the page. He uploaded the files for anyone ambitious enough to spend the next few months printing it out.