Author Topic: Bad Batch (Disney+)  (Read 10295 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Bad Batch (Disney+)
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2021, 11:04 AM »
I just watched this week's episode.  And it looks like we're already getting a bit more of a look at how the criminal underworld of Star Wars functions.  And it also had some nice links between Clone Wars and the OT.  The new character, Sid, seems like she's going to be an interesting recurring character in the series.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 1, 2021, 09:11 AM »
The most recent episode was the first one that I think was totally "fun" and what I was hoping for with this series.  It had little to do with Omega and was about the whole crew getting a mission accomplished.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #32 on: June 1, 2021, 09:12 AM »
Big debate on the internet concerning the fate of Moochi.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 1, 2021, 01:36 PM »
(edited to remove hints of spoilers)

People falling in love with Moochi and losing their mind at the possibility it is the one.

It'd be a pointless sidebar to the episode if Moochi isn't. His/her inclusion is an easter egg, not red herring.

« Last Edit: June 1, 2021, 01:39 PM by Jedi Idej »

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2021, 01:44 PM »
Pretty solid episode last week.  I liked connecting Rex in with the Bad Batch.  I think it would be awesome if the Bad Batch got hooked in with the Rebels somehow and were used as Stormtrooper infiltrators.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2021, 02:30 PM »
I liked connecting Rex in with the Bad Batch.  I think it would be awesome if the Bad Batch got hooked in with the Rebels somehow and were used as Stormtrooper infiltrators.

I know this "small universe" stuff bugs quite a few people, but I don't mind that basically every episode has the Bad Batch bumping into someone from TCW, Rebels, The Mandalorian, etc.

I thought it was cool that it was Rex that helped them get rid of the chips, mainly so that the chips weren't a lingering plot point hanging over the Bad Batch heads making us wonder if/when they'd switch on.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2021, 02:44 PM »
The small universe stuff does bug me a bit, but to me it seems natural for Rex to seek out the Bad Batch and vice versa. 

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2021, 07:41 AM »
+1 on the concerns over the "small universe" concept.  But in this case Rex seeking out the Bad Batch works.  They had a full story arc together in season 7 of Clone Wars, and Rex had an even longer relationship with Echo. 

As for the Martez sisters showing up in the previous episode?  That seems like a little bit of a stretch.  But after bringing Rex into the series this past week, I feel pretty certain that Rafa and Trace reached out to Rex in the hologram transmission at the end of the episode on Corellia.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2021, 11:23 PM »
I know this "small universe" stuff bugs quite a few people, but I don't mind that basically every episode has the Bad Batch bumping into someone from TCW, Rebels, The Mandalorian, etc.

Another episode, another TCW character shows up.   :D

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2021, 08:48 AM »

Another episode, another TCW character shows up.   :D

Apparently there are only five bounty hunters in the whole galaxy, and they live for a long time, so yeah...

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2021, 09:17 AM »
Or you hire the best when you have the money and the target is that important to you. There aren't five lawyers in world or sports agents but sometimes it seems like it.

You've got an excuse to get Cad back into our minds then sign me up Disney.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2021, 09:19 AM by GrandMoffNick »
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2021, 09:23 AM »
I loved the episode.  I'm hoping that it takes a couple of episodes for Cad Bane to get to Kamino with Omega and he has a run in with Boba Fett and maybe Fennic Shand!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2021, 09:52 AM »
Don't get my wrong, I've enjoyed the last couple of episodes too, but sometimes the small universe thing bugs me a bit. 

I'm not sure if they bring back Cad / Fennic because they think its fun, or because they're lazy and don't want to sketch out a new character.  Probably some of both.

They went to the "trouble" of creating the Cid character when they could have had it be Jabba, Xizor, or maybe Darth Maul.  I'm glad they created the new character as it feels more original.  So I guess reusing some of the same characters when they don't need to sometimes just feels lazy.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2021, 10:26 AM »

It would be a nice reason for Hasbro to re-issue the 6" Cad Bane/TODO set as a deluxe item in the Bad Batch packaging too.  I know a lot of folks who missed that set when it came out...

Offline Corman

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gimmie that New Figure Mojo
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2021, 12:33 PM »

It would be a nice reason for Hasbro to re-issue the 6" Cad Bane/TODO set as a deluxe item in the Bad Batch packaging too.  I know a lot of folks who missed that set when it came out...

This is a great idea that is fan friendly and would make a world of sense.

It'll never happen.

Corman
There is nothing to read all the way down here.  If I had something else to say, I'd a said it in my post.  You may proceed to the next post.