Author Topic: 2021 Target TVC Blue Leader's X-Wing with General Merrick  (Read 13337 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: TVC Blue Leader's X-Wing with General Merrick
« Reply #75 on: October 3, 2021, 06:44 PM »
The product listing is back on the Target website as well as the app:  Star Wars The Vintage Collection Antoc Merrick's X-Wing Fighter.

I tried using the barcode at another store yesterday, and again there were none of these in stock at any Target in the NYC/NJ area.  I'm hoping that the app will at least show some accurate inventory status so that I might be able to buy online and do an in store pickup.

Nick, I owe you one brother!  I looked at the link and it showed one X-wing in a target clear across town!  I drove over, looked around, asked a sales associate and 45 minutes of them looking in the stock room I have this bad boy in my collection!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 3, 2021, 08:36 PM »
Glad to hear that it worked. Enjoy!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 3, 2021, 09:48 PM »
 I sure hope a lot more of these show up.  They’re already over $200 on eBay.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 4, 2021, 12:17 PM »
My review of the X-wing and the Antoc Merrick figure.

I also made sure to spread Nick's message of using the Target website.   ;D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #79 on: October 4, 2021, 01:58 PM »
My review of the X-wing and the Antoc Merrick figure.

I also made sure to spread Nick's message of using the Target website.   ;D

Nice review. I completely agree with you about needing a new U-Wing! You might try a little bit of fun tack inside the helmet to keep it from getting too wobbly. I have him posed standing with the other pilots with his helmet under his arm.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 4, 2021, 02:58 PM »
My gripes in the review are very minor.  I'm still figuring how I'm going to display this, but it looks great!

I would like a proper U-Wing, but if Hasbro were ever to make one, it will be a Haslab project in order for it to be accurate.
« Last Edit: October 4, 2021, 03:00 PM by Matt_Fury »
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #81 on: October 4, 2021, 03:19 PM »
I would like a proper U-Wing, but if Hasbro were ever to make one, it will be a Haslab project in order for it to be accurate.

Absolutely, and it would be magnificent.

^ This is the pricepoint the majority of the collecting community would want to pay, at clearance, so Haslab would need to be the route we take.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 5, 2021, 01:15 PM »
My gripes in the review are very minor.  I'm still figuring how I'm going to display this, but it looks great!

I've actually been thinking about this a bit recently.  The 5th anniversary of Rogue One hasn't gone completely unnoticed by Hasbro.  And a lot of fans seem to genuinely love that movie.  Then we can factor in the upcoming Disney+ ANDOR series.  Given his use of the U-Wing in Rogue One, you have to think that maybe that type of ship will surface in the series.  The fact that it's a Rebel Alliance troop carrier gives you the indication that it could turn up in other live action entertainment, and it already has made it into animation on a few occasions. 

As for the size?  I don't think it necessarily needs to be a Haslab project.  I could see a slightly scaled down version of the U-Wing being released in a box that's similar to the one that the TVC Slave One was released in.  And the potential to repaint it for multiple releases could give it some mainline viability.  I would pay $150 for a U-Wing with the correct cockpit and something of a troop bay.

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 5, 2021, 02:21 PM »
Would buy a u-wing.

On the X-Wing… Target says out of stock, not sold out.  Do we have any indication about whether or not this is supposed to show up online at all again or is the in store stock out last hope?

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 5, 2021, 02:24 PM »
Would buy a u-wing.

On the X-Wing… Target says out of stock, not sold out.  Do we have any indication about whether or not this is supposed to show up online at all again or is the in store stock out last hope?

I wish we had a Target insider in the group.  I think the "normal" ways of checking stock either online or in-store via price checker are showing no stock on these and other collectibles, but the employee scanners show different information.  I bet there will be more of these - it should be the big ticket SW item for Christmas.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 5, 2021, 03:17 PM »
During my 45 minute wait for the two associates to find the X-Wing in the bowels of the stock room, I noticed there were new figures on the pegs.  I grabbed an IG-11 and a Teebo (Need a second for the alternate headdress.)

The associate that got the X-Wing for me noticed I grabbed the new figures as well and mentioned he had just pulled them out because they're getting ready to gear up for Christmas.  I would not be surprised if the X-Wing shows up a lot more as they reset the toy aisles for Christmas.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 6, 2021, 12:50 PM »
No idea if it’s nonsense, but someone at RS is claiming that someone from Target said they underestimated demand and have ordered more x-wings.  If that’s even true, I have no idea how long they would take to arrive.

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 6, 2021, 07:00 PM »
No idea if it’s nonsense, but someone at RS is claiming that someone from Target said they underestimated demand and have ordered more x-wings.  If that’s even tue, I have no idea how long they would take to arrive.

Ordered more? Who, the local store management? Checking the nearest distribution center?

This was an exclusive item made specifically for this order. If more were being made, the word would come from Hasbro like it did for the Bad Batch 4-pack and the Walmart Jabba's Palace.

I guarantee this nugget was dropped by a red shirt trying to placate a weirdo star wars fan so they could go about their day.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 6, 2021, 10:02 PM »
Yeah I got the impression they meant that Target as a company was trying to have more made.   I have no idea. 

That said, I hate that there’s no update on this from Target or Hasbro.  $200 is a ton to pay for an X-Wing, but if these have really come and gone already $200 will look like a bargain pretty soon.
« Last Edit: October 6, 2021, 10:13 PM by Rob »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 8, 2021, 03:35 PM »
I saw a hint of one of these being in stock at a single store.  But it was over an hour's drive away, and the inventory indication in the Target app said "Limited Availability".  As much as I really want this particular X-Wing, it wasn't worth driving 2 hours round trip just in the event that it *MIGHT* be in stock.

Feedback