Author Topic: Target 2021 TVC Droids Carded Figures  (Read 9141 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: Target 2021 TVC Droids Carded Figures
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2021, 09:07 AM »
I forgot until literally 9:00am on the dot but I got them all!  ;D
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2021, 09:11 AM »
They just went live!!!!!!

Sweet.  Managed to get all three.

A little unusual for Target to be right on time with these.

Fett is already out of stock.  ::)

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2021, 09:18 AM »
I ordered them, it was easy… all that is good.  But yes, going from $12.99 straight to $15.99 for exclusive figures that are basically really nice repaints is a bummer.  And once again it’s the same core characters without anything new at that high price.  If they’d rounded this out with Tig Fromm and Vlix or something like that it would be a different story, but it seems like the only actual new product we get is from Mandalorian, and those are few and far between.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2021, 09:21 AM »
A little unusual for Target to be right on time with these.

Of course they went up right at 8am CT since I was presenting on a dumb work video conference call until 8:10am -

Was able to nab R2 and 3PO but missed out on Fett. :(
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2021, 09:38 AM »
The $15.98 price tag did have a little bit of a sting to it.  But in this case I like how these were presented.  Also glad to see the 2 per customer limit, because you had to expect that some people would have scooped up as many of the Boba Fett figures as they possibly could have.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2021, 09:40 AM »
I did get mine, I am able to set my schedule around this stuff for the most part when needs be. I shouldn't have to arrange my day for Star Wars toy preorders, though.

And it just puts ice in my heart for this hobby that the cycle of announcement-to sell out is under a day now. If I considered any of this essential (and not the gravy it is to me) it would really sap the joy from my collection.

If the new Fig'rin Dan or an eventual Sim Aloo wind up on a marketing schedule of 20 hours between reveal and sell out like this Boba Fett did, I don't think I will be able to take it.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2021, 09:53 AM »
Yeah, especially since we're probably all going to order 5-7 Figrin D'ans to update our Cantina band. I could make a joke about fresh **** in the cantina (that's the actual name of that type of music in the SW universe, I **** you not), but I—oh, I guess I did
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2021, 10:01 AM »
Aaaaand, they're done.  I hope everyone was able to get them.  I scored two of each.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2021, 10:03 AM »
I did get mine, I am able to set my schedule around this stuff for the most part when needs be. I shouldn't have to arrange my day for Star Wars toy preorders, though.

And it just puts ice in my heart for this hobby that the cycle of announcement-to sell out is under a day now. If I considered any of this essential (and not the gravy it is to me) it would really sap the joy from my collection.

Yeah, this is kind of tough and a bit ridiculous. 

If you had a busy Thursday afternoon, or are travelling, or just happen to be doing something other than watching the web/twitter you would have missed Jayson's note on this and wouldn't be ready to camp at your computer Friday morning for the three minutes of adrenaline fueled clicking you need to get these.

Its been 18 months or so where things have been really bad on finding things in stock and being able to pre-order things.  I really hope Hasbro and stores start making/ordering more so these things are easier to come buy.  If necessary raise the price (like they have), overproduce, and clearance if you have to.  These things aren't lasting more than a few minutes in pre-orders, or on the pegs.  A non-hardcore collector can't get these, and forget it if you're a casual collector or mom/grandma trying to get something for your kids.  That's the part that probably bothers me the most is that actual kids that might want to play with these have zero chance of getting anything in the stores.

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2021, 10:12 AM »
Yeah, especially since we're probably all going to order 5-7 Figrin D'ans to update our Cantina band. I could make a joke about fresh **** in the cantina (that's the actual name of that type of music in the SW universe, I **** you not), but I—oh, I guess I did

There are 7 band members, so…

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2021, 10:43 AM »
I ordered them, it was easy… all that is good.  But yes, going from $12.99 straight to $15.99 for exclusive figures that are basically really nice repaints is a bummer.  And once again it’s the same core characters without anything new at that high price.  If they’d rounded this out with Tig Fromm and Vlix or something like that it would be a different story, but it seems like the only actual new product we get is from Mandalorian, and those are few and far between.

It's quite possible that we'll see other figures if these are really popular.  And it looks like they are.

Of course they went up right at 8am CT since I was presenting on a dumb work video conference call until 8:10am -

Was able to nab R2 and 3PO but missed out on Fett. :(

That sucks Jeff.  I usually leave my house for work at 7 am (Mountain time), but decided to leave a little late to try and pick these up.  Luckily, they went live right on time and I was able to grab them.  It's going to be a completely different story for me with the Emperor's Throne Room because We'll be on a looking at properties for a possible move/family vacation at the time.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2021, 10:46 AM by Matt_Fury »
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2021, 11:30 AM »
Thanks to Jay and Dave for the head's up on these!  I was able to nab the two droids and the 6" Fett, but TVC Fett was gone by the time I ordered at 8:15.  Hopefully Fett will still be available in store at some point.  I have to say, I'm really exhausted with all the online ordering.  I know some people are right on the ball with this stuff and probably prefer ordering from a PC or phone, but I've come to realize that a big part of collecting for me is the hunt/find.  Between not having my eyes glued to new SW information every second of the day and the relative bore of opening one figure per box and often finding them bent or smashed, my interest in collecting new stuff is at an all time low.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2021, 12:45 PM »
Thanks to Jay and Dave for the head's up on these!  I was able to nab the two droids and the 6" Fett, but TVC Fett was gone by the time I ordered at 8:15.  Hopefully Fett will still be available in store at some point.  I have to say, I'm really exhausted with all the online ordering.  I know some people are right on the ball with this stuff and probably prefer ordering from a PC or phone, but I've come to realize that a big part of collecting for me is the hunt/find.  Between not having my eyes glued to new SW information every second of the day and the relative bore of opening one figure per box and often finding them bent or smashed, my interest in collecting new stuff is at an all time low.

100% this. 

We went from a hobby where toys ended up in stores and you could walk in and buy them, to one where there's a 15 minute pre-order window and if you miss it you're off to eBay because that's just about it.  It's pretty lame. 

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2021, 01:26 PM »
Do we have any idea on when these are coming out?  Usually these things have an expected delivery date, but these items are totally blank.

I think the multi-colored Stormtrooper is only a month away from release.   Most releases tend to be 6 +/- months out...

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2021, 04:09 PM »
The product pages said no release date yet.  I haven't even seen anyone speculating.