Author Topic: Star Tours Thread - Waves 1-3  (Read 81831 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Star Tours wave 3 FINALLY!
« Reply #30 on: May 2, 2003, 10:38 PM »
 :-* :-*  :-*Matt, I'll take multiple R5's pass on the rest of the stuff...maybe up to 5 depending on what they will run me...can I buy in bulk :-*  Trashed Cards are fine :-*

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 2, 2003, 10:41 PM »
Hey Matt, I'm in.  Same condition as before will be fine.  :)
Looking forward to adding them to the rest of the collection. KMP.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #32 on: May 2, 2003, 11:09 PM »
:-* :-*  :-*Matt, I'll take multiple R5's pass on the rest of the stuff...maybe up to 5 depending on what they will run me...can I buy in bulk :-*  Trashed Cards are fine :-*

Okee doke.  Added you Scott.  No bulk discounts unfortunately...  You sure you want that many though?  You just know they'll be pumping out an R5 droid in the Saga line in the not so distant future that you'll proably be able to get much cheaper on a standard card (for your customs and extras).  Up to you though!   :-*  Still a little while to decide...

And Dale, you're already on the list there bub.  #2, so no worries!

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 2, 2003, 11:47 PM »
Sweet.  :-*

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #34 on: May 3, 2003, 11:02 PM »
I can't wait to get the 3 new figures!  Glad I'm on the top of the list there!    ;D
dustrho

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #35 on: May 5, 2003, 02:39 PM »
Matt, I'll take 2 thanks  :-*

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #36 on: May 5, 2003, 05:24 PM »
Hey Matt,

Hell if you're gobbling up all the Star Tours wave 3 you can find, I'll take one of each. :D

Gotta keep that completist habit going.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 7, 2003, 10:28 PM »
Well I don't know what I am in for.  My parents are on vacation and went to DisneyWorld this week.  They will be home in a few days.  I really did not have much interest in this line.  However, I figure what the heck they are there they may as well buy them for me.  I don't think the R5 wave is there.  I am kind of surprised they have not made the actual vehicle from the ride.  What the heck is Captain Rex going to do out of the package?  

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #38 on: May 7, 2003, 10:41 PM »
Well, they're not bad little droids really, as far as EU goes, and several of the astromechs blend in pretty well with the regular SW figures of course.  Plus, you can add these bad boys into that droid lineup that I know you'll be putting in front of your brand new Sandcrawler vehicle (for Uncle Owen) next year!

The thing that bites with these figures of course, is the hefty price tag of $10 a piece that Disney puts on them.  Find someone with a Disney employee connection and the respective 35% discount that comes with it, and they're a little more reasonable (something I'm still working on actually)...

Just LMK if you'd like Wave 3 which should be out in the next month or two DB, and I'll add you to the list...

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 7, 2003, 11:29 PM »
I called Disney Delivers yesterday, and they told me that Star Tours wave 3 is still on backorder.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #40 on: May 8, 2003, 12:52 AM »
Yeah, I would go as far as to say that two of the droids are some of the best "droid" figures ever made by Hasbro, and definately good for EU.

The one droid, a little "box" looking thing with a welding arm is especially well detailed.  Not overly complex, and definately not a $10 item, but he blends in seamlessly in the Star Wars world.

He's got that campy "Cheap" feel that the original movie had...  He reminds me of the Gonk droids...  Simple, but effective and believeable.

The other droid I love is a rust colored droid (Sorry for no names here, I go by their looks for recollection).  The rust droid has a ball/socket head, GREAT detailing, and the sculpting puts almost every Saga figure to shame amazingly.

You'd be absolutely amazed at the level of detail on this guy, and he looks like a VERY believeable Star Wars droid with some heavy industrial type job.  Think ASP-7 with 10x the detail and thought.

The droids that are stripped down animatronic creatures from the park are neat too in a way, and hold a unique spot.  

The price and availability are the main drawbacks to the figures...  And their R3 unit isn't as good as R3-T7 was (he's the non-poseable POTJ R2 body).  The R4 unit found a happy home in my Rebel Astromech pool though, and the rest reside in Jabba's droid torture chamber.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #41 on: May 8, 2003, 10:24 AM »
Matt:

My parents are down at Disneyworld in Florida and they asked an employee about the new wave of Star Tours figures.  Supposedly they have received their first shipment of figures, but cannot put them out on pegs until next week sometime.  They wouldn't specify which day it would be.

So, please be on the lookout when you go to Disneyland next time.  Don't forget about me, OK???    ;D
dustrho

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 8, 2003, 10:43 AM »
Nice inside work Chris.  ;) Me thinks Matt won't forget you.  ;) Your #1 on the runway followed by me.  :)

Woo Hoo. They will soon be out. Right on!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 8, 2003, 10:47 AM »
BTW, if you're not able to hook up with someone for these figures, try Disney Delivers.  Their phone number is 1(407)363-6200.

When I called them the other day, to my surprise, they knew exactly what I was talking about.  So I get the feeling that lots of people are calling on a regular basis.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #44 on: May 8, 2003, 10:48 AM »
Matt:

My parents are down at Disneyworld in Florida and they asked an employee about the new wave of Star Tours figures.  Supposedly they have received their first shipment of figures, but cannot put them out on pegs until next week sometime.  They wouldn't specify which day it would be.

So, please be on the lookout when you go to Disneyland next time.  Don't forget about me, OK???    ;D

You're at the very tip top of my list there Chris, how the hell could I forget about you?!  :D  Interesting to hear Disney's already got these in stock.  I'm assuming they're holding on to them to release them during Star Wars weekends, which is sometime real soon...  (don't recall off the top of my head).  But I don't know what that means for my local Disneyland's stash, since they're not really participating in the Star Wars Weekends festivities.  I'll be sure to find out when there's come in though...  No worries Mr. C-10!   :-*

- Mr. C-9.5