Author Topic: 2008/2009 Evolutions Sets  (Read 158664 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: 2008/2009 Evolutions Sets
« Reply #810 on: September 2, 2009, 10:07 PM »
Went back to the same store 12 hours later.  And the Evolutions packs were out on the shelves.  Only the imperial pilots were in the system, so it still took a while to check out.

I understand that working for WalMart has to suck.  But it's the never-ending level of either stupidity or apathy from their employees that makes me want to shop elsewhere.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: September 3, 2009, 11:31 AM »
I understand that working for WalMart has to suck.  But it's the never-ending level of either stupidity or apathy from their employees that makes me want to shop elsewhere.

I couldn't agree with you anymore on that.

WM sucks.  Not looking forward to trying to round up all of their exclusives.   ::)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: September 3, 2009, 12:19 PM »
Anyone know what the small gray/silver accessory is that comes with the Clone Commando set?

I think its supposed to be either a scanner or a communicator for the ARC Trooper.
I am not the Stig

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #813 on: September 3, 2009, 02:05 PM »
Now that WM's toy section is smaller it's even harder than before. I am at the point that I am actually OK with paying reasonable premium on ebay instead of the constant hunts, empty sections, stockroom idiots and the clientele. I never had too much trouble before but with the mega drought and hungry collectors it may get tricky. Seeing how quick the DF sets went make me reluctant on energy/enthusiasm to make 5 trips a week until I find what I want.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: September 3, 2009, 06:21 PM »
I'm a little concerned about the WM exclusive stuff this year as well.  Our local store underwent the "revamping" of the toy section as well, and it is smaller than before now too.  The WM exclusive stuff has always been hit or miss here anyways, so I'm guessing this won't help.  Plus, it seems like WM got the best of the exclusive offerings for the most part this year - at least what I am interested in (comic packs, Dewback, AT-ST, Evolutions, etc.)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: September 4, 2009, 10:43 AM »
I cracked all three sets open last night. Great figures, every one. I'm so happy to finally get a properly scaled and articulated Rebel pilot.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Theta 288

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: September 4, 2009, 12:01 PM »
I found a pallet with a box set of evos, 4 of each inside... but wasn't scanned at all, & tryed hard to convince them to sell it ( only one guy got away with it)... next morning the pallet was not to be found, cuz no room for new stuff.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #817 on: September 4, 2009, 10:10 PM »
I posted my receipt and story in the recent purchase thread but I picked up 6 sets for $17 a pop thanks to another local collector who somehow was able to get the stock person to enter these in the system for $17.

I am tearing them open right now......
« Last Edit: September 4, 2009, 10:11 PM by JACKOFTRADZE »

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: September 5, 2009, 05:01 PM »
I got mine for $17 as well...after 5 minutes.  Price matched to the DF sets.  Would have thought it would have taken longer and thought I'd have my WM headache, but other than the wait - not bad.  $40 savings if these are in fact supposed to be $25 a whack.  No more eVo sets for me if that's going to be the norm.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #819 on: September 5, 2009, 05:51 PM »
So I just came back from a run trying to get these and found that at the store closest to my house some ******* had returned four EVO sets with figures swapped out. There were several employees in the aisle so I let them know and they appeared very grateful. But then when I asked if they could check to see if they had any in stock that weren't swapped returns they wouldn't do it. WTF?!?! I try to be helpful and that's the thanks I get? I bet the next time I go into that store, I'm going to find those sets back on the floor. UGH! One day I'd like to find the guy who has been returning all these swapped items over the years in this area and give him a piece of my mind.

On the plus side though I just got word that Rob hooked me up with the Rebel set I need. So big props to Rob for that, YDM!

Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: September 5, 2009, 07:17 PM »
No problem.  I'm guessing that I went to the same Walmart that Michael went to because they were all $17.00 each.  

There weren't any by the SW aisle, but there were two or three shippers worth down a few aisles.  I only spotted them because I thought it would be worth the trouble to go look for droid factory stuff on the back end caps.  

I managed to get the pilots for both of us, one set of the commandos (left a bunch behind) and 7 sets of imperial pilots that I'm going to selfishly keep to myself.   :)

Are either of the two clone pilots from the films at all?  They say Gunship and V-wing pilot but do we every actually see them fly those in the prequels?
« Last Edit: September 6, 2009, 03:27 AM by Rob »

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: September 6, 2009, 10:37 AM »

Are either of the two clone pilots from the films at all?  They say Gunship and V-wing pilot but do we every actually see them fly those in the prequels?

Nope.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #822 on: September 6, 2009, 01:27 PM »
Holy crap I went back to pick up more Tie Pilots and all they had left was 4 Commando sets. There were 4 full pallets, pretty much sold out in a day. Maybe it was not a good idea to advertise ;)
The Tie Pilot really grew on me. Even If I pay normal retail I am very happy to have save a lot of loot. See to all the WM haters who call their employees stupid their stupidity has paid off.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: September 6, 2009, 02:22 PM »
Holy crap I went back to pick up more Tie Pilots and all they had left was 4 Commando sets. There were 4 full pallets, pretty much sold out in a day. Maybe it was not a good idea to advertise ;)

I saw your post about finding them cheap but never looked into which place it was that this was happening at.  I literally only went to that wal-mart because there was a Target near by and the girlfriend and I were trying to figure out which big-box stores were most easily accessible from where we live.  I was completely surprised to find the $17.00 ones.

Are either of the two clone pilots from the films at all?  They say Gunship and V-wing pilot but do we every actually see them fly those in the prequels?

Nope.

That's disappointing.  I really like both of those figures (the commandos not so much) and was thinking about doing a dozen of each.  But if they're full blown EU I'd be breaking my rules to keep more than one each.  Looks like I might have to sell them off and just keep the TIE pilots.

Speaking of which, I've still got 9 extra Tiger striped EII-style clones from when I army-built the ROTS clone.  If anyone needs more of those.
« Last Edit: September 6, 2009, 02:27 PM by Rob »

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #824 on: September 6, 2009, 03:02 PM »
Rob, I am glad you found them and your new hunting grounds are going well. The city is crawling with collectors, the burbs is where the finds are at. It was nice to have them ring up for $17, I will use that to price match when I find more.

Also of note on my run today at that WM I spotted several repacked figures on single cards. Repacked with old figures and "droid part" (a literally ripped a part EP2 Saga C-3P0, that was the one that did not come apart mind you). Repacks were old Owen for Young Owen.Order 66 2 head, ROTS hood in place of the ESB Palps and Captain Panaka in place for Typho.

No signs of the Y-Wing anywhere just overstock of the Imperial ARC. I want that ARC I am not paying $65 for it. I will wait for clearance.LMK if any of the Chicago cats find one, if you can pick it up I would be happy to pay and hook you up.