Author Topic: Saga Legends "Mission Series" Figure 2-Packs  (Read 67457 times)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: Saga Legends "Mission Series" Figure 2-Packs
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2013, 11:17 AM »
I'm a bit confused. In the images shown, Rex w/ Battle Droid and R2 w/ C3PO are a part of this line too or no?
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2013, 12:29 PM »
The droids, yes. Rex is an oddity.  But these are not the finished product. It's been said no more animated style figures, so Rex and his pack mate will be realistic styled.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2013, 02:13 PM »
They are in the line.  But those were not the hard copies of the figures, just 'stand-ins'.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2013, 03:42 PM »
I'm wanting the Seeker droid enough I'll buy that..

I really hope, if the droids are sort of cheap, they don't go this route with them all...  I'd be very bummed if all astromechs were cheap, didn't have a 3rd leg, etc. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2013, 12:08 PM »
I see that RS has high-res shots of Mission Series Wave 1.

I get what they are trying to do and I applaud Hasbro's effort in making figures more affordable again, but I'm still not buying them. I think I've hit my max for underarticulated versions of Anakin, Vader, Jango, etc no matter how nice they look.    :-\
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2013, 12:59 PM »
I like the Vintage look.  I'll get them, but probably wait for a sale.   :-\
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2013, 01:30 PM »
Would it have killed them to put the exploding Battledroid (both colors) in these two sets? What about the 2013 MH Jango Fett instead of this one?

The only difference between those and these in the 2-packs is the exploding feature - the articulation on the exploding ones was five points of articulation as well.

I would have been happy with them putting the light-up Sandtrooper all by himself in one of these cardbacks as well.

This is the biggest problem I have with this new limited articulation approach. It gives them justification to NOT carry forward a figure from the past that may have been difficult/near-impossible to get.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2013, 03:48 PM »
Gag. Those appear to be the Saga era Battle Droids, not the MTT/Class 1 set version. Hasbro self sabotages again.

Nice stripe on the 501st trooper's leg....oh, wait, there isn't one.  :(

Triggers guards are gone on clone blasters. They really wanted a retro look!  :P
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 03:51 PM by Scockery »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2013, 04:07 PM »
Like Jeff, I appreciate Hasbro trying to get prices down,b ut how about aiming for $8 and still giving us decent figures?  $8 would be a nice price to pay, and I'd do without ball jointed torsoes and ball jointed ankles for that.  Hell I'd do without ball jointed shoulders and go back to just regular joints there.

Concessions could be made for cheaper figures, but still put out a GOOD figure.  I point to Myo, etc., from the POTC era.  Dannik Jerricho, Myo...  Those are great figures.  OTC Death Star Gunner?  Great figure (aside from a clone face :P).
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2013, 05:58 PM »
Like Jeff, I appreciate Hasbro trying to get prices down,b ut how about aiming for $8 and still giving us decent figures?  $8 would be a nice price to pay, and I'd do without ball jointed torsoes and ball jointed ankles for that.  Hell I'd do without ball jointed shoulders and go back to just regular joints there.

I agree with this 100%. I would even overlook a drop in accessories and/or parts reuse where applicable if it meant getting down to $7-$8 again. My Bom Vimdim really doesn't have to be able to achieve the exact same poses as my Anakin Skywalker.

As for the 5POA figures, I like them. They don't seem quite as good overall as last year's Battle Packs (maybe it's sloppier paint? or less sculpting?) but they are leagues ahead of the current Marvel offerings. Assuming these look as good in-hand and if the price is indeed $10, I will probably wind up getting all four sets along with multiples of the Utapau clone. These figures look like fun.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2013, 07:37 PM »
Couldn't disagree more. If they are only going to make a character once, go all the way. 

Anyway, back to the packs. How is Jango blue again? Why are only limited articulation Jango's blue and super articulated ones purple?

Vader's a strange mix of soft good and not. Looking at him, I think his legs may be one solid piece, as in they will not move individually but as one like the old Clash of the Titan's Charon figure (only example I can think of)...oh, or like a Playmobil figure.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2013, 07:53 PM »
Vader's a strange mix of soft good and not. Looking at him, I think his legs may be one solid piece, as in they will not move individually but as one like the old Clash of the Titan's Charon figure (only example I can think of)...oh, or like a Playmobil figure.

The Vader's "uni-leg" piece would all kinds of crazy... and a total vintage throwback. Love it.  ;D
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2013, 09:31 PM »
These look like fast food toys.  I think they all suck. 

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2013, 06:58 AM »
This is junk.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2013, 08:58 AM »
Agreed, those are garbage, in every aspect. Sculpt, paint, articulation, packaging, etc. What a waste of a toy line this has become.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy