Author Topic: Everything Rebelscum  (Read 596324 times)

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
Re: Was Hi, now Bye Lady Jaye!!(back to hi again)
« Reply #855 on: November 22, 2004, 01:37 AM »
So yeah scum as usual brings in some ****** up choices for mods, but then again they're mods for wuher's so you might as well let the morons mod each other. Isn't that how GNT got modded?

Like I said Corran Horn I have never said a bad thing about most of you guys. And yet you come over here and instead of trying to help, you just sit there and degrade us.

I mean people like JediMac, DSJ, and the other mods, whom I've never said a bad thing about, are over here just talking all sorts of ****!!! Thanks guys, you keep the collectstarwars memory glowing!!!

ya know you're right, probably not the nicest thing to be said, however as i said in my previous post, whatever has been said was based on true experiences as well as observations. the post you quoted from me was my own opinion based on the actions of yourself and the other new wuher mod, immediately following your modness being granted as well as my observations of the crapitude that is wuhers which has spread to much of the rebelscum forums (there's your answer for what happened to the csw community). i'm not going to take back all of what i said above as it's already been stated, but i will say sorry for inferring to you solely as a moron if you took it as such. however keep in mind that people will form their own opinions on others based on the actions of those others. the opinion you can form of me right now is that I'm an *******, which is sometimes the case, but not always. that goes for all people. a word of advice though, in the end try not to let the opinions of others bug you so much, it will only drive you nuts.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2004, 01:39 AM by CorranHorn »
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Lady Jaye

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: November 22, 2004, 01:42 AM »
And like I said, it is an attack on me and my abilities, without giving me a chance first. And from someone that has never said a bad thing about you!!! That's the most important part.

But anyhow I will not argue with anyone per jokabofe's request. If you want we can continue this via PM.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2004, 01:46 AM by Lady Jaye »
"I off one fat Angelino and you throw a hissy fit."
-Vincent

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #857 on: November 22, 2004, 01:55 AM »
Our staff shouldn't have to ask more than once for it to be taken to PM.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #858 on: November 22, 2004, 02:58 AM »
Boy, looks like I missed all the drama tonight!  Speaking of "mod powers", I'm going to abuse mine right now, and reply to this already locked thread, just to get my 2 cents in, so LJ can understand where I (and others) are coming from...

I mean people like JediMac, DSJ, and the other mods, whom I've never said a bad thing about, are over here just talking all sorts of ****!!!

I wouldn't say I'm talking all kinds of **** about you Bertha.  I just said that I've never seen anyone (aside from maybe Gregg) who was so concerned with their post counts and rankings.  You mentioned it ALL THE TIME over there, and it just gets annoying after awhile - especially when you keep trying to suggest that you really don't care about the post counts (not at all true).  I also don't think you're a very good choice for the mod gig there, just as I didn't think Gregg was a good choice.  Just 'cause someone posts a million times, often with little quality or significance, does not mean they're the best person to "moderate" your forums.  IMO, it sets a poor example for the other members, and a bad precedent for the community as a whole.

But Rebelscum is different in that respect though, since Phillip has made it blatantly obvious that he prefers quantity over quality.  That's his prerogative of course, and choosing mods such as Gregg and yourself are perfect examples of what he's truly striving for over there.  On the flipside of that however, are sites like us and GH, where we'd much rather have some "quality" discussions, and not just a bunch of random drivel.  That's all.  And I'm by no means suggesting this is something limited to just you there.  It's vastly widespread, which is why many of us here at JD don't enjoy hanging out much at RS anymore.  Just a preference...

Anyway, like most people mentioned in the other thread (which has had it's title changed numerous times), none of us think that you're a "bad" person.  We just think you post pad a bit, and weren't the best candidate for the moderator job (which was actually Rob, but that's a separate issue).  Besides, it's a little weird for someone to have a self-imposed banning from a website, only to come back several months later out of nowhere to become a mod.  Rather bizarre.

But anyway, I think you're taking all of this stuff way too personal, including the fits you've been throwing over your picture and real name.  Like I told Gregg last year when we dug up his mug, just go with it, don't make a fuss, and it'll all die down soon enough.  Well, he chose to do the exact opposite, and because of that, it's been a huge running topic and joke ever since.  Unfortunately, you've chosen to follow the same path.  The more you get all excited about this stuff, the more it gets discussed, and the dumber it all looks - on everyone's sides.  So I say just let it go, and hopefully after awhile it'll just die off, and you can enjoy your "hard-earned" new position over at 'Scum to it's fullest...

- Matt
« Last Edit: November 22, 2004, 03:01 AM by JediMAC »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #859 on: November 22, 2004, 03:03 AM »
I'm also going to unlock this for a few more minutes, in case LJ wants to add anything else in following my post.  Not fair for me to toss my 2 cents in without giving Bertha an opportunity to reply...

EDIT:  Nevermind.  Looks like she's logged off.

B, if you'd like to add another reply in, LMK and I'll unlock it for you once more...
« Last Edit: November 22, 2004, 03:11 AM by JediMAC »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #860 on: November 22, 2004, 03:21 AM »
One last thing I'd like to add, is that I don't think any of us were discussing this matter over here at JD "behind your back", Bertha.  We're just discussing it where we CAN discuss it, that's all.  This conversation wouldn't last more than a few posts over at RS.  Most 'Scummers know about our forum here, and are usually made aware of any "RS drama" going down over here, so it's not like we didn't think anyone would notice this topic.

Most of us were also very well aware that you still had an active account over here at JD, and I've fully expected that you may want to stop by to chime in on the matter, which was going to be perfectly fine with me/us.

And lastly, as you're probably aware, we go on a first name basis most of the time around here at JD, so don't take my using your real name as some kind of insult.  If you don't like your own name, I'm sorry.  Feel free to give us any other name you go by in "real life" then, and I'd be happy to use that instead.  Besides, it's not like you had any say in the matter with your name, right?  That's your parents doing, and I think most of us understand that...

- M

Offline Lady Jaye

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: November 22, 2004, 03:29 AM »
Well since I can respond again, let me do that.

Hmm where to beging. Let me start with the Post Counts. When I was at collectstarwars and then rebelscum, I never cared about the Post Counts and actually got into it with GNT and others who did care. But then I said, to hell with it, you can't beat em, join em. But really what does it matter what I or others do, as long as I am not insulting or degrading another, it shouldn't matter. I mean seriously, JMac, what kind of freakin mensa conversations can you have on a Star Wars board??? Let's not take ourselves too seriously here folks. Like I've said a hundred times, we are all adults, talking about a toy line, mostly based on a movie from 1977. How serious can we take ourselves????

I won't discuss the scum, I'm not here as mod, but as a person who has been made fun of and mocked of in the past. Like I said, let me demonstrate how I handle things over there, give me a shot before you start to degrade without just cuase.

And as far as my "pic" is concerned. I thought by squelching it, It would prevent people from saying it was me, but I was wrong. If you guys think a girl that graduated in 2000 is me, so be it. I can't help it if you guys can't see how illogical that is. You're right, I am letting it die, if it's me, then so be it. But let's use our brains and see if it can really be me???

And while I do have an account here, I barely have time to come due to school and what not. So it isn't out of the question that most scummers don't know what is being said about them. I barely found out tonight!!!

And like I said, you all know my real name, but my main deal is how that guy got that pic. I've typed in my first name, and then added my last name. And the only way to get to that specific pic, is by typing both my first and last name. I think that is a real invasion of privacy, especially if former mods or others gave that info out without my permission!! I mean if he can get that info, what else can he get???

And just call me Lady Jaye, LJ. I mean it's what I like!!! Plain and simple.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2004, 03:39 AM by Lady Jaye »
-Vincent

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #862 on: November 22, 2004, 03:40 AM »
OK, we've all said our final peace now, so I'll go ahead and lock this back up (and merge it together with the other RS thread as well, just for tidiness  ;))...

But then I said, to hell with it, you can't beat em, join em. But really what does it matter what I or others do, as long as I am not insulting or degrading another, it shouldn't matter. I mean seriously, JMac, what kind of freakin mensa conversations can you have on a Star Wars board???

Well, like we've said numerous times over here, we often pride ourselves and our conversation here at JD (as they similarly do at GH) with "quality" over "quantity", and that just can't be said for the vast majority of discussions at RS.  Sure, we're just talkin' toys, and various other topics, but we'd still prefer it to be a somewhat intelligent, articulate conversation.  Nothing wrong with that really.  Just a difference in styles between our sites.

Anyway, any other further thoughts on this topic between folks can happen via PM now, I suppose.

- Matt

P.S.  You do recall what you said in your very first post over here at JD, right LJ?   ;)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2004, 03:56 AM by JediMAC »

Offline Lady Jaye

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: The Scum continues it's downward spiral...
« Reply #863 on: November 22, 2004, 03:46 AM »
I think we all believe that as well, but sometimes we shouldn't get too full of ourselves. After all this is Star Wars, not oceanography or stellar astronomy!!!
« Last Edit: November 22, 2004, 03:48 AM by Lady Jaye »
-Vincent

Offline hansolo_506

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Did Dante predict Rebelscum (Wuhers)?
« Reply #864 on: December 10, 2004, 09:12 PM »
Since other 'scum thought threads are a bit off track and not that well titled, thought I would start a new string.

Anyone else getting tired of the ever-diminishing IQ and maturity level in Wuhers over at the 'scum?  I don't know why I keep walking in there these days, although I have a theory it is the same reason you want to stare at a car crash.

I mean, other threads are good, and I still get good tips from the customizing and diorama threads, but.. gosh all heck, Mr. Wizard..Wuhers is a different animal all together.

Your thoughts?  ???
« Last Edit: December 10, 2004, 09:40 PM by hansolo_506 »
Don't curse in your signature.

-c.berry

Offline Bob Crane

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Austria!"
    • View Profile
Re: Did Dante predict Rebelscum (Wuhers)?
« Reply #865 on: December 10, 2004, 09:49 PM »
My thoughts? It's difficultm to say, I'm sure boston terriers are pretty smart and all...

...but are they also clairvoyant?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2004, 09:58 PM by Bob Crane »
"Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of State and corporate power."   -Benito Mussolini

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: December 10, 2004, 10:25 PM »
It's a dungheap. Wouldn't be so bad if the dungposts were confined to Wuher's, but a couple kids insist on spamming all the figure sections with 2 or 3-word posts ever 30 seconds. It gets to be unreadable. I got myself banned for calling the lead retard, Yoda_Boi, a piece of ****.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: December 10, 2004, 10:38 PM »
More imporantly, how did my dog get involved in this?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2004, 10:47 PM by Kneel Before Zod »

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: December 10, 2004, 10:40 PM »
It's a dungheap. Wouldn't be so bad if the dungposts were confined to Wuher's, but a couple kids insist on spamming all the figure sections with 2 or 3-word posts ever 30 seconds. It gets to be unreadable. I got myself banned for calling the lead retard, Yoda_Boi, a piece of ****.

They banned you too eh?

I'm apparently on thin ice now...  so I'm being nice.

Offline hansolo_506

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: December 10, 2004, 10:44 PM »
Seems to me that there are a number of "well, they hate me under that name so here's a new name" types in there too.  Anyone else pick up on those idiots?
Don't curse in your signature.

-c.berry