Author Topic: 2020 Haslab - TVC Razor Crest  (Read 59854 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: 2020 TVC Haslab Razor Crest
« Reply #570 on: February 17, 2022, 01:20 AM »
Still haven’t opened mine.  I’m too tired when I get home and settled.  All I wanna do is eat and watch TV till I pass out right now.  Toys are fun for sure but I’m just run down right now.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: February 17, 2022, 09:08 AM »
Still haven’t opened mine.  I’m too tired when I get home and settled.  All I wanna do is eat and watch TV till I pass out right now.  Toys are fun for sure but I’m just run down right now.

Yeah, I've been too busy to open mine too.  Mine will probably wait until this weekend to get opened.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #572 on: February 17, 2022, 09:34 AM »

Yeah, I've been too busy to open mine too.  Mine will probably wait until this weekend to get opened.

I'm going the piecemeal route - I opened it up and put it together on Tues night, last night I messed around with the hair dryer to get the ramp working and opened up the pack-in Mando figure; tonight I'll be trying to get all the accessories (guns/bags) into the ship.

I'm planning a major renovation of the TM display this weekend - have to make room for both Razor Crest and the Nevarro Cantina as well as opening up Deathtrooper, Bo Katan, Kuiil, Mythrol, Maldo Kries Mando/Grogu, and Haslab Grogu and Jawa Elder.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #573 on: February 17, 2022, 10:00 AM »

I'm going the piecemeal route - I opened it up and put it together on Tues night, last night I messed around with the hair dryer to get the ramp working and opened up the pack-in Mando figure; tonight I'll be trying to get all the accessories (guns/bags) into the ship.

Have fun putting those weapons in the locker!  Protip:  Take the doors off the locker to give you a little more room.  That left most thermal detonator is a pain in the ass!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: February 17, 2022, 10:28 AM »
Thank you Justin for telling me to treat it like a stuck ball joint - I don't know why I didn't think of that.

I grabbed my wife's hair dryer and blasted the ramp, mostly at the end where the smaller ramp comes out.  After a little heat and a little tugging, it popped right out (#thatswhatshesaid)!

At the next MN Meet-up, I will be buying you a beer for your assist in unstucking my ramp. :)

I'm glad it worked!  Now I know what to do when I'm struggling with it this weekend.  We do need to get another meetup in the books now that things have settled down a bit.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: February 18, 2022, 09:24 AM »
I cracked mine open last night, and boy am I impressed.  I don't have it 100% put together and tried out, but so far its fantastic. 

Some things I really like:
- The paint job is amazing
- I like all the pop off panels.  Not sure I'll ever display it that way but it seems like an easy, fun thing to do.
- I like how the side wall and top pop off to get access to the stuff
- I love the stand.  I was imagining some big heavy lucite stand, but this is a simple, light plastic design that works well.  There isn't any real flexibility to the pose, but it probably only cost a buck or two to make.  It'd be great if they could include something simple like this in all big ships going forward (e.g. Rogue One X-Wing).

I think my only couple of gripes:
- As everyone has mentioned - the weapons locker is tough to manage, but overall still pretty cool.
- It would be nice if there was an opening between the cockpit and the cargo hold.  I haven't looked at any cross-sections to know if this is more accurate or not, but it would have been nice if they found a way to make that work.
- I had no problems getting my ramps and everything else open / pop-off.  The only thing that was tough was getting the cockpit open.  It doesn't seem like they've built in much of a slot to get your fingernail in to wedge it open.  I would think this should be the easiest thing to open and close on the whole ship.  Maybe its just mine, but it seems like a design issue.

I was thinking some electronics would be fun, but I guess this isn't directed at the kid/retail market, and really the ship wasn't in many battles and there aren't necessarily any iconic lines from the show that you would want said while playing (gasp) with your $350 toy.

Overall this is a solid 9.5 out of 10 in my book.  Its really, really well done. 

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: February 21, 2022, 07:47 AM »
I have yet to attempt the weapons locker.  I am wondering if I need to invest in a pair of tweezers to make things easier.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #577 on: February 21, 2022, 09:52 AM »
I have yet to attempt the weapons locker.  I am wondering if I need to invest in a pair of tweezers to make things easier.

I tried using tweezers, but wasn't very successful.  Taking the doors of the weapons locker helps a lot, patience is also something you will need.  I would also start with the thermal detonators...once you get the left most of those on, it is a lot easier after that.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: February 21, 2022, 11:10 AM »

I tried using tweezers, but wasn't very successful.  Taking the doors of the weapons locker helps a lot, patience is also something you will need.  I would also start with the thermal detonators...once you get the left most of those on, it is a lot easier after that.

Agreed, tweezers are too short to reach.

I used a needle nose pliers on a lot of the weapons and it worked pretty well.  As others have mentioned it works a lot better if you take at least the right door off on the weapons locker.  Then you can have one hand come in the front and another come in from the side to guide the weapons in to place.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: February 21, 2022, 12:09 PM »
Agreed, tweezers are too short to reach.

That just means you guys all have the wrong tweezers.

HTS 171C6 6.25" Curved Stainless Steel College Tweezers https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01AKLJON2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_H96AWWT0JAAD4GN6NDC6?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #580 on: February 21, 2022, 01:48 PM »
If you use tweezers a lot for projects, then I'd definitely say you should use them. I'd heard a ton of reports of the weapons locker taking people over an hour to do, but I was able to do it in about >20 mins. But taking the doors off is a must, and take off the ship roof and the wall too. And honestly, it's probably easier to do it before you put the engines on.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: February 21, 2022, 01:56 PM »
If you use tweezers a lot for projects, then I'd definitely say you should use them. I'd heard a ton of reports of the weapons locker taking people over an hour to do, but I was able to do it in about >20 mins. But taking the doors off is a must, and take off the ship roof and the wall too. And honestly, it's probably easier to do it before you put the engines on.

Yeah, it took me about 45 minutes or so to get the weapons in the locker, though part of that time included experimenting with a method that worked… I didn’t pry off the doors, but did remove the roof and side. The tweezers I have were too small, so I wound up using a couple chopsticks - one with sticky tack to hold the weapon and the other to push it into place. Despite the difficulty of accessing that part of the ship, the design of the locker with the pegs that fit into the trigger guards of the weapons was a great idea. One doesn’t have to worry about the weapons falling off once they are placed.
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #582 on: February 21, 2022, 07:38 PM »
Ugh I didn’t think of taking the doors off when I did the locker. I did start with the thermal detonators first as I feel that’s the best way to go since they are so small. A good long nose pliers helped me tremendously.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #583 on: February 22, 2022, 04:26 AM »
Still haven’t even opened mine.  I’m drained.  I got a giant box of **** from bbts and it was all I could do to open that even.  I have way too much garbage on top of work to enjoy any of this stuff and feel burned out. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #584 on: February 22, 2022, 02:17 PM »
Still haven’t even opened mine.  I’m drained.  I got a giant box of **** from bbts and it was all I could do to open that even.  I have way too much garbage on top of work to enjoy any of this stuff and feel burned out.

It took me a few days to muster up the energy, because it's just a big ass box. But once I did and got it set up...

-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram