Author Topic: Star Wars: The Force Awakens (SPOILERS)  (Read 244198 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens (SPOILERS)
« Reply #900 on: March 3, 2016, 12:26 PM »
Man, whoever runs StarWars.com is on POINT. Glad to have all of this information in one place.

Sounds like Target is the place to buy.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: March 3, 2016, 01:07 PM »
Best Buy has the steelbook up for preorder.  I preordered that one to go with the other steelbooks.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #902 on: March 3, 2016, 05:26 PM »

Yep. Here's another shot of the Target packaging:

(EDIT: Awww ****, that pic was in the thing you linked to earlier, Travis. Sorry.)
« Last Edit: March 4, 2016, 10:57 AM by Matt »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: March 4, 2016, 02:20 AM »
Target pre-order will also nab you a $5 GC right now.

Is there a promo code for this?  That offer doesn't show up on either version on the site.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: March 6, 2016, 04:21 PM »
One more month to go here until blu-ray.

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: March 6, 2016, 06:57 PM »
Target pre-order will also nab you a $5 GC right now.

Is there a promo code for this?  That offer doesn't show up on either version on the site.
This was on the non-exclusive version, but I'm not sure if it is still active. I got an e-mail from them saying if I wanted the exclusive version I needed to cancel and reorder. Did that and lost my promo.  Did an online chat with a CS rep and he took $5 right off my order.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #906 on: March 6, 2016, 07:29 PM »
Was going to order today but to get it on release day was $15 for shipping...will just go to the store

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: March 10, 2016, 10:00 AM »
Hey, just got the soundtrack for the Force Awakens. Why isnt the song that the band is playing, at Maz's on there? Its all the orchestral tracks, just not that one.
I am not the Stig

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: March 10, 2016, 10:30 AM »
Hey, just got the soundtrack for the Force Awakens. Why isnt the song that the band is playing, at Maz's on there? Its all the orchestral tracks, just not that one.
I have heard the soundtrack just so many times.

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: March 10, 2016, 11:47 AM »
Gotta save something for the inevitable "Special Edition" ST, right?

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Episode VII
« Reply #910 on: March 11, 2016, 08:30 AM »
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #911 on: March 17, 2016, 01:04 PM »

Yep.

So with the news the other day that the exclusive Target content is actually download-only, and not on-disc, I think I'm just gonna buy the standard Blu-Ray at whatever place has it the cheapest:

(Slipcover & keepcase)

I'm a sucker for any packaging that features the original theatrical poster. I could be wrong, but I think this is the first time any official SW DVD or Blu-Ray release has used a theatrical poster for cover art. Would have gone with the Steelbook at Best Buy if it had this art instead of the stupid closeups of Kylo and Phasma.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: March 20, 2016, 04:32 PM »
Yep, really no reason to buy exclusive now unless you really love the packaging. The Target content will be posted to YouTube anyway.

Honestly kind of a ripoff... make all the bonus content available on disc or don't do it at all. I miss the days where all of the discs were the same and all you had to figure out was what store you wanted to get a preorder bonus from.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: March 21, 2016, 06:51 AM »
Disney has some exclusive Lithographs if you preorder from their on-line store.  However, their price is $5 more than amazon and they don't have expedited shipping available, so I'm not sure if you would receive it on release day.  Shipping is also $5.  They do give you a $10 off a future order coupon, so it could be a wash if you order stuff from them in the future.

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: March 21, 2016, 11:42 AM »

Yep.

So with the news the other day that the exclusive Target content is actually download-only, and not on-disc, I think I'm just gonna buy the standard Blu-Ray at whatever place has it the cheapest:

(Slipcover & keepcase)

I'm a sucker for any packaging that features the original theatrical poster. I could be wrong, but I think this is the first time any official SW DVD or Blu-Ray release has used a theatrical poster for cover art. Would have gone with the Steelbook at Best Buy if it had this art instead of the stupid closeups of Kylo and Phasma.

That looks awesome.