Author Topic: JediDefender Battlefront/Commando Clan  (Read 13443 times)

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
Re: JediDefender Battlefront/Commando Clan
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2004, 03:46 PM »
On the name front, can I suggest something a bit out of line of how the naming has been proceeding? How about we pick an easy operating name to start, like JD/COM, and finalize a once we all start playing?

Great suggestion - Everyone good with just going by [JD/COM]YourName, temporarily?

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2004, 09:20 PM »
That's just fine with me. :)
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2004, 03:40 PM »
I'll be picking up Battlefront as soon as it's in stores, which could be as early as today - not sure - Circuit City said the PC games always run late.

Hopefully my laptop can run this thing - if not, I'll be up the creek without a refund.

SilverZ

« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2004, 06:31 PM »
Got mine this morning (along with a nice bent figure card, cocknobs). I'll be up and running by tonight barring laziness.

Offline BobaShek

• Jedi Initiate
  • OT Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2004, 07:19 PM »
I got my copy on the 21st, but I haven't had the time to fully explore everything it has to offer. Plus, it runs rather crappily (is that even a word?) on my computer. I might have to install it on my family computer, as it's heaps better than my own.

From what I've played, it's damn good. :)

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2004, 02:19 AM »
I'm on as bobafett14 (pretty creative huh?)

Some tips(mine anyhow, as I'm sure everyone has thier own):

My fav character is the jetpack Trooper, has a missle launcher and grenades.

Vehicles are a must-you can rack up 30-40+ kills a game easy in the larger vehicles.  Much harder to do as a single trooper.  Also the jetpack trooper helps here becuse if you start a game and 10 others spawn with you, you can fly over them and get to a nearby vehicle quickly.

Get to know the spawn points-I just jumped into an AAT on Tatooine, sat in front of a spawn point and racked up like 42 kills in about 2 min.  Not a lot of fun (and I'm sure they'll have to change this-I was on the opposite side where I tried to spawn and was killed everytime by those camping out-litereally got killed like 10 times without taking a step, and never got to play

X-Wing/Tie/starfighter are kinda difficult to control and honestly to me(while fun to fly) aren't worth getting into especially with the cramped quaters in a very small playfield.

Droidekas are REALLY fun to roll around in, and hard to kill, grenades seem to disable the shields.

Right now I;m having lots of fun on the higher rooftops, setting the sights to first person and sniping, lots haven't caught on yet that they also need to look up ;^) easy way to rack up some points.

See Vader, or Luke or Mace.....just pull a monty python and   RUN AWAY!

FAV planets: Hoth and the kashhyyk Docks-I like the wide openess.  Least Fav-Rhenn Var temple-tight quarters too tight for as many people that are crammed in there battleing.

Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2004, 03:29 AM »
I actually have thought of that (didn't know its official "title" though Jared, so thanks!).  CorranHorn and I discussed it...  In the end I wonder if I'm just not better off running 2 PC's separately though.  I mean, should I buy a new one I can't imagine where this one would wind up...  It's obsolete by most standards I assume, short of my burner I just got.

It's not bad...  P IV 1.8 gig, smallish harddrive (19 gig), lotsa RAM though bought as a gift...  Sorta crap graphics card, but I could get a better one (not top of the line) cheap enough that'd run all my "old" games flawlessly and install simply enough.  That kinda stuff makes me wonder if someday just buying a new PC and keeping this mamojama running beside it wouldn't be the route.

Then again running two OS's would minimize space taken up by 2 PC's, which is a huge concern to me given the craptacular cramptness of my living quarters. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2004, 12:31 PM »
I tried to spawn and was killed everytime by those camping out-litereally got killed like 10 times without taking a step, and never got to play

This sounds terrible... like Quake... run around spawn-fragging. I wish I knew someone who'd let me borrow their copy so I didnt risk wasting $50 on a run-n-gun fragfest. Eek.

There's got to be a tactical realism organization in Battlefront - their servers will be much better - if they exist.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2004, 12:32 PM by Angry Ewok »

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2004, 07:24 PM »
I just got Battlefront, but before I opened it I see that at the bottom it says:

DSL, Cable or faster connection required for Multiplayer

Well folks, that means I'm out for sure. All I've got is dial-up.

:'(

SilverZ

« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2004, 06:41 PM »
Well this is crashing and burning. I'm out too, since I can't play for more than 5 minutes without the game crashing. I've gone through all the DX9 tests and there aren't any hardware problems, so I can only conclude that the PC release is a bugged pile.  >:(

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2004, 10:32 AM »
Anyone wants to try and hookup for a game(I'm bobafett14), feel free to email me at:

bobafett.fourteen@verizon.net

I know it gets tough, but I'll be home a good bit around the holidays-off most of Thanksgiving week, X-mas week and a lot of 3 day weekends off Fri-Sun.)

other than that late evenings(9-midnight) work best for me.  The "homemade" servers don;t seem to work too great for me-I usually stick to just the plain "Movie-022" type servers. Best would be to prob. email with a time, check email at that time, and pick a server that isn't full or near full.

Burning a lot of vacation time. ;^)
Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2004, 10:36 AM »
By the way, I haven't posted for a while on Battlefronts mostly becasue I wanted to see them work out a few kinks.  I was having some lag problems (and I have a cable modem!) so now it seems to be running much smoother.

Looks like another  PS2 patch is due any day now, and everything has been pretty good lately.