Author Topic: 3.75" Black Series Rumors  (Read 86629 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Black Series Rumors
« Reply #210 on: February 15, 2017, 09:57 PM »
I'd just say things aren't that bad but there have been changes and very good reasons things had to change some.  In some ways things haven't changed though.  Not to add to the cryptocity. :P

There's pretty solid reasoning though behind things as they currently are even if sites don't like it.  Then again things didn't need to change, Hasbro was kind of forced on that.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #211 on: February 16, 2017, 12:09 AM »
What Jesse said, and I'd just add a lot of JTA's hysterics are just that. Hysterics. His dying on the cross for every single rumor he can't post (yet claims credit for) is just part of the overall brand of EVERYTHING SUCKS that for some people engage in. The reality is JTA's relationship with Hasbro is strained because he's made it that way. He's been antagonistic toward them online and in person. He forced them to start having all the Q&A's recorded after the Q&A he posted that has Hasbro saying 'We've made enough female figures' which he then amended to say they didn't; he's been trading off that ever since despite his rather naked misogyny. If Hasbro did say that, then he should have stuck to the original story, consequences be damned. If they didn't, then he should have posted an apology. He did neither. He's been railing against them ever since but buys everything. Effectively promotes everything. He is wary to actually lose access to them because obviously he values his proximity to whatever cache being in the loop with Hasbro brings him.

Bottom line he's just another standard internet troll throwing molitov cocktails for all the bugs the light will attract.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 16, 2017, 08:44 AM »
Well said.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 16, 2017, 08:50 AM »
Rumor has it that Hasbro had enough of the hysterics for a while and shut them out.  Considering the high drama that site tried to make their stock and trade, I agree with the decision.  The drama queen needed a serious reality check about how to deal with a licensee.  It's one thing to ask them challenging questions.  But he stepped over the line way too much.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
Re: 3.75" Black Series Rumors
« Reply #214 on: May 18, 2018, 04:32 PM »
Just noticed that EE is selling these figures.  (Admins - feel free to add the sponsor magic link).

There are some new figures that weren't on my radar that are now in stock.  Did I miss the discussion on these?
  • Admiral Ackbar
  • Emperor's Guard
  • General Lando Calrissian
  • Ahsoka Tano
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 04:55 PM by Jeff »

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #215 on: May 18, 2018, 04:52 PM »
Did I miss the discussion on these?

No, you were there:P
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 18, 2018, 05:23 PM »
Thanks Jeff.  I'm getting old, so my memory isn't great and it looks like this thread is almost two years old.

So, just to rehash the old thread, these are all repacks from years ago, correct?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 05:24 PM by Dave »

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 18, 2018, 05:24 PM »
These are the "Rogue One" era reissues, correct? The ones I could buy for over a year on deep discount at Wal*Mart (and in a couple of armpit stores, still can)?

Looking at EE, the Shoretrooper/Cassian Andor revision case is already gone. People love that Shoretrooper!

I have a feeling EE is going to be handling these cases almost as long as they were selling the POTF2 Muftak & Kabe 2-packs they picked up 20 years ago...