Author Topic: Galactic Heroes Thread  (Read 353353 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Playskool Galactic Heroes Thread
« Reply #870 on: March 19, 2008, 03:39 PM »
Just a heads up for everyone - I think its mainly a midwest chain, but if you have a Gordman's in your area, I stopped by our local store today and found the newest wave of Galactic Heroes (the Jedi/clone combos).  They had all but the Gree/Tarfful at our store, at $5.99 each.

On a side note, our Target also set up their endcap, so I picked up the Endor Speeder Bike chase pack.  I'm really glad to have that found, since they seem to go so quickly around here.  I'm still tempted on the Mustafar set, but left it on the shelves for today.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: March 20, 2008, 10:38 AM »
Nice finds Brian!  That's a great price on the two packs - I think we have a Gordman's here too.

If you want that Mustafar set, pick it up - they go quick as you already know.

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #872 on: March 20, 2008, 11:23 AM »
I picked up both the Mustafar and Endor sets earlier this week.  I also picked up a few large plastic eggs at Target as well.  We're going to have a GH easter egg hunt at our house this year... can't wait to see the boys faces when they crack open the eggs and find the figures in there.  :D
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: March 20, 2008, 11:42 AM »
I found them yesterday and used the $5 coupon.

I think it's time to sell off my extras.

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
« Reply #874 on: March 20, 2008, 02:02 PM »
I found them yesterday and used the $5 coupon.

I think it's time to sell off my extras.

What extras ya got ?

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: March 20, 2008, 02:29 PM »
I'll let you know tomorrow.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #876 on: March 20, 2008, 06:45 PM »
I picked up the Endor set today, the only one they had. No mustafar sets though.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #877 on: March 21, 2008, 01:51 PM »
Just a heads up for everyone - I think its mainly a midwest chain, but if you have a Gordman's in your area, I stopped by our local store today and found the newest wave of Galactic Heroes (the Jedi/clone combos).  They had all but the Gree/Tarfful at our store, at $5.99 each.

On a side note, our Target also set up their endcap, so I picked up the Endor Speeder Bike chase pack.  I'm really glad to have that found, since they seem to go so quickly around here.  I'm still tempted on the Mustafar set, but left it on the shelves for today.
;D Heh...I found the same at Gordman's here today...all 4 of the new ones!  Still no sign of the Target reset here, so I'm still Endor and Mustafarless :'(

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: March 21, 2008, 01:53 PM »
Yeah, thanks Brian - I hit up our local Gordmans and found three of the four sets.  Couldn't find the Jedi two pack.

:-\

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: March 21, 2008, 08:51 PM »
I picked up both the Mustafar and Endor sets earlier this week.  I also picked up a few large plastic eggs at Target as well.  We're going to have a GH easter egg hunt at our house this year... can't wait to see the boys faces when they crack open the eggs and find the figures in there.  :D

What a kickass idea!  I've got a few spare GH figures too...  8)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: March 24, 2008, 09:46 AM »
After picking up the Endor GH set on Wednesday, we happened to be back at Target on Friday and they were all gone.  There was one Mustafar set left, but the Mrs. talked me out of picking that one up :).  Probably just as well, as I guess I was basically buying it for the Padme (although the Thire is a nice bonus too).  Again, too many of these things hit at once, and after picking up the Endor set, a couple of SA 501st Troopers, two Iron Man movie figures, and a Joe figure - I figured that was enough for the week.

Its amazing how quickly these seem to sell out though, particularly the Target sets.  They are gone literally in a couple of days here.  I noticed our TRU seemed to have more stock of last year's Naboo and Hoth sets (for $25).  Also, unless our store just got crazy stock of them, our local WM really has a pile of those Falcon sets.  I don't know that any have moved yet, unless they are just restocking them.  Every time I've been there, the endcap is piled full of them.  I was kind of surprised.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: March 25, 2008, 03:42 AM »
What is the retail price in the US for the Falcon?  I'm trying to decide if I should wait for it to arrive in Canada (if it does, and likely pay $10 more), or try and grab a US one (and have to pay shipping).

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: March 25, 2008, 04:01 AM »
Should be $34.88 Jesse, I received mine with help from solrac. I really like it.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: March 25, 2008, 04:33 AM »
Thanks Dale.  8)

Offline The Stolen CCG License

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: March 25, 2008, 11:13 AM »

Its amazing how quickly these seem to sell out though, particularly the Target sets.  They are gone literally in a couple of days here. 

One day after the reset, and all I found at our Target #2 was a lonely Mustafar.  I'm under the vague impression that Targets always stock their exclusives at least once... but if it weren't for that, I'd be pretty suspicious that Target #1 isn't going to stock these things at all.  Pretty annoying that I have to jump through hoops for the privelege of paying $20 for 2 new GH figures. 

Hasbro gave a Q&A response to one of the other sites about the Cinema Scenes this week.  It was mumbo jumbo, but they suggested they have been doing enough to the other (non-new) figures to, they feel, keep the full sets interesting to collectors.  I maintain there's no way they believe that.  They are deliberately presenting collectors with a stupid choice, and that's that. 

1.  I'm sure doing it that way meets several business aims (some good some bad)
2.  I think Hasbro AND collectors have benefitted in the past when they've opened up about tough marketing decisions
3.  I wish they would be open about this.  I wish it because I believe they are truly handling this wrong (and I think I can say that from a relatively non-naive place).  I think open communication MIGHT present better solutions for 2009/2010 before it's too late.  But whatever.

Also, once again, I am fully convinced the new figures in these sets are getting noticably worse paint applications.  I have no good theory why this is, and I'm actually not even all that put out about it...  but after several releases lately, I'm pretty sure I'm right.