Community > JD Sports Forum!

JediDefender Fantasy Football

<< < (2/31) > >>

JediJman:

--- Quote from: Rob on June  6, 2013, 10:49 AM ---If you're sick of being commish, I'll do it.  I run another league on another site and basically handle things pretty much the same as you... I set it up, and if a majority want a change, I make it - so long as we're not in the middle of the season.

--- End quote ---

Hold the phone.  I think we all love Brent as the commish, so unless he's officially stepping down, no need to pursue this any further. 

If Brent is looking to hand over the reigns, then no offense, but Rob is not my first choice to take over.  Nice of you to offer and I'm sure you're capable, but with 2 family members in the league I think judgement calls could be touchy.  Maybe Ruiner or someone who's got a strong track record of objectivity?  Hopefully Brent sticks around and we can put it off a few more years.  ;)

Morgbug:
No, I'm still fine doing it, I'm just not sure if everyone still wants me there so I thought I'd make it known that I'm not attached to it.  It's just that I spend altogether too much time looking at the nerd-verse that is Yahoo sports, so when a new registration period pops up for one of our leagues, I'm usually the first to see it and figure what the heck, I'll re-register us and then I become commissioner. 

I'm far from perfect at it, so I'll stay if you're fine but if there are complaints, I'll hand it over.  No worries either way  :)

JediJman:
I think I have yet to hear a complaint from anyone about you as commish since I joined the league, so sounds good to me!

Rob:

--- Quote from: JediJman on June  6, 2013, 05:15 PM ---or someone who's got a strong track record of objectivity?

--- End quote ---

I understand the familial concern, although I don't agree with them on everything and am much more of a majority rule kinda guy and much less of a grease-the-wheels-for-my-buddies kinda guy.  I'm still happy to do it though if Brent ever needs a break.  Like I said, I've been running another league for 4 or 5 years now without incident.  I'd assume that such a thing would go to some kind of vote if it ever happened, and just like the way the league is typically run, I'd think some sort of majority-rule would apply there to.

Thankfully, it's a moot point.

Morgbug:
Take a look at what I did to the waivers and comment here or on draft day. 

Didn't get much conversation when I posted a while ago on the league page and it seems harder to find with the Yahoo format changes so have a gander. 

I won't be setting waivers to open all the time.  I appreciate that some feel that those that spend more time watching football should be rewarded but more than half don't have that option available to them.  If someone wants a league that runs with completely open free agency they'll have to sign up for a league like that because this one isn't it.   :)  Upon review, that option doesn't seem to be there anymore anyway. 

Our options are bolded below:

Waiver priority options:

1. Continual rolling list: waiver claims are processed in waiver priority order and each successful claim moves a manager to the end of the waiver priority list
2. Reverse order of standings: waiver claims are processed in reverse order of standings and successful claims do not affect waiver priority list
3. Weekly rolling list based on standings: waiver claims are processed in reverse order of standings and each successful claim moves a manager to the end of the waiver priority list

*We were on a continual rolling list but this option was suggested to me by a number of people.  I don't care where it ends up, I just changed it to stimulate discussion. 

Weekly waiver options:

1. Sunday (10:00 PT) to Tuesday (11:59 PT)
2. First game of week to Tuesday - self explanatory I hope and only different when Thursday/Saturday games exist
3. Continuous - all players on waivers all the time
4. Game time - player goes on waivers when their game starts until Tuesday.

Draft is Wednesday night.  Pre-apologies to our east coast friends for the time. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version