Author Topic: 2018 HasLab - TVC Jabba's Sail Barge (The Khetanna)  (Read 137456 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: 2018 TVC Jabba's Sail Barge (The Khetanna)
« Reply #660 on: March 8, 2019, 10:24 PM »
I'd just post em to social media and link them here then... 

Social... you lost me.

This is about as social media as I get. No Facebook, instaphoto, twitting,..
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #661 on: March 9, 2019, 11:10 AM »
My sail barge was scheduled to be delivered Tuesday by end of day, but it randomly showed up this morning! I'm definitely happy about that, but for any of you that are expecting it next week, you might want to keep your eye out for FedEx today.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: March 9, 2019, 03:14 PM »
This thing is pretty ******* amazing.

I have it on top of my Jabba coffee table in my office for the moment. I'm planning on mounting it on the wall eventually.
« Last Edit: March 9, 2019, 03:15 PM by LandotheScoundrel »

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: March 9, 2019, 04:23 PM »
I mean, I knew the box was going to be huge, but good grief...

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: March 9, 2019, 05:15 PM »
Picked mine up yesterday at Walgreen's.  That is a really slick option, though maneuvering a giant box labeled "ACTION FIGURES" out of a surprisingly crowded Walgreen's was not the highlight of my day.  I managed to slice open my finger on the cardboard too, but thanks to the 8 protective layers of packaging, nothing got on my barge. 

My son and I put it all together today.  We're both still just awestruck at the size of this thing.  It has a ton of great features and the sail design is just amazing.  I have some display space on top of glass shelves, but I need to find a way to get it displayed lower.  You can't see or interact with anything if its too high up.  So glad I picked this up.  Now I just need to stock it with some goons.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: March 9, 2019, 05:27 PM »
Just realized I dont have an extra Wooof or Nysad to display on this thing. Trying to decide if Hasbro will rerelease those or if I should pull the eBay trigger. They aren't cheap. Hell, Nysad isn't even listed. Nothing on Tungori either.

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #666 on: March 9, 2019, 07:27 PM »
Just realized I dont have an extra Wooof or Nysad to display on this thing. Trying to decide if Hasbro will rerelease those or if I should pull the eBay trigger. They aren't cheap. Hell, Nysad isn't even listed. Nothing on Tungori either.

Isn’t Nysad the all new Nikto in the 3 pack on hasbro pulse?
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #667 on: March 9, 2019, 07:46 PM »
Mine arrived today.  Was to be Monday.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: March 9, 2019, 08:11 PM »

Isn’t Nysad the all new Nikto in the 3 pack on hasbro pulse?

No he's called Nikto Gunner from the Build a Droid series. Hasbro should have had a whole bunch of Jabba's goons on the pegs right now.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: March 10, 2019, 09:56 AM »
I keep bouncing back and forth between grabbing figures out of my Return of the Jedi cabinet to include in the barge and putting the barge together. I haven't tackled the sails yet, I've heard they are a total pain in the butt.

I'm trying to decide what C-3PO to include, do I include the 30th Anniversary Collection one with the pop-out eye? It's scene specific, but the sculpt isn't great but that release is a good candidate to grab a Salacious Crumb from for the Barge (heaven forbid they included him with Jabba in the barge).

No he's called Nikto Gunner from the Build a Droid series. Hasbro should have had a whole bunch of Jabba's goons on the pegs right now.

Lando is spot on with the remark that there should be Jabba Goons easily available right now.

You almost want to say that if this had been done a bit more like a kickstarter with tiers, if you had pledged $650 instead of $500 you got a "figure & accessory" pack to go with your barge purchase and it could have included one of every additional figure they are showing on the packaging, plus the Nikto Gunner and a couple of those clip-on deck cannons.

This way, if you have them already and don't need them, back at the $500 tier, but if you want to get everything you need for a nice display, back at the $650 tier. Considering that none of the figures are new sculpts asking $150 for 15 previously released figures, Salacious Crumb and some accessories isn't that unreasonable.

At least then they wouldn't have to put in the instruction manual "Collector's Note: For those collectors who own the Star Wars The Black Series Vizam figure and cannon, there are 4 C-clip ports to connect Vizam's cannon. (Figure/cannon not included and not available for sale.)"

On a $500 purchase, that last bit just seems pretty tasteless if you ask me. I think the start of the call-out says it all "For those collectors who own the Star Wars The Black Series Vizam figure..." no need to further drive the point home that you can't buy it now. I'm sure it was added by some lawyer.

(And full disclosure, I have three Vizam's opened and two Nikto Gunner's open, so I have more deck cannons then I have c-clip ports for, so this isn't me being upset that I can't fully deck-out my barge)

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: March 10, 2019, 12:08 PM »
The extras pack would have been great, that's for sure. But even just over the course of the year+ in planning and release for the barge, I'm surprised no one was like "let's get some rereleases out there on the pegs to capitalize on all the buzz at release time." The upcoming rerelease wave is a bit of a miss in my opinion.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: March 10, 2019, 01:55 PM »
For those that haven't done the sails yet, you hook the two ends together first (Front of sail and back of sail).  Then do the two longer ends on each side.  Then last do the two shorter side ends.  That was the only way I could get them to stretch.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: March 10, 2019, 02:36 PM »
Rob, completely off topic, but I dig the monochrome thing you guys have going on in your living room. But the barge box definitely throws it off.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: March 10, 2019, 02:44 PM »
The sails really weren't that hard to do.  I had a lot more trouble connecting the anchors and prisoner chains than putting the sails together.

I know it kind of stinks you can't buy a Vizam figure at retail anymore, but I love that they designed the ship with this in mind.  The Barge is 1000% collector focused and I assume most collectors have one of these in their collection somewhere.  He was the first guy I tracked down out of my store room to put on the barge.

They've done the same thing with a breakaway railing for R2-D2 to shove C-3PO off the barge.  Neither figure has been available for a long time either, but we should all have plenty to dig out.

One thing that would have been kind of nice is to have a battery powered LED lighting system in the ship as well.  With the sails on the top is pretty dark, as well as the interior.  I know it probably would have made everything more expensive, but it would have been sweet to have some lights in the barge.

I just spent the morning stocking the barge with figures and this thing is all kinds of awesome.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 07:02 PM by Dave »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: March 10, 2019, 05:29 PM »
I was thinking the same thing about the lighting.  I have mine displayed high, close to the lights, but its pretty dark.  The have so much great detail along the back walls, but its not easy to see.  I might position it to have a display light targeting it, bit internal LEDs would be a lot nicer.  They can't add that much cost if they're in things like the Sandcrawler.