Author Topic: Galactic Heroes Thread  (Read 352122 times)

Offline icruise

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Mighty Jabba's Collection
Re: Playskool Galactic Heroes Thread
« Reply #1185 on: August 26, 2009, 11:05 PM »
I'm tempted to preorder Slave 1 at BBTS even though I don't really want the Endor Attack one that they're bundling it with. $50 for the two of them doesn't even include their usual markup, does it? Or are they still selling at $20 apiece in some cases?

I simply MUST have the GH AT-AT. They've got the darned things basically made. Just let me get it online if necessary.

Offline jedi ds

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: August 27, 2009, 12:26 PM »
try entertainment earth for the slave I set on its own ... $27 i think i saw it for preorder

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: August 28, 2009, 03:21 AM »
According to BBTS, Obi-Wan's ROTS Starfighter will be coming with the Snowspeeder, which is great news for me.  I never did see the Snowspeeder at retail!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: August 28, 2009, 09:59 AM »
According to BBTS, Obi-Wan's ROTS Starfighter will be coming with the Snowspeeder, which is great news for me.  I never did see the Snowspeeder at retail!

I've seen that Snowspeeder just about everywhere lately.  I picked up the earlier release and love it.  It's really well detailed and has a HUGE interior for the figs.  I don't know why they couldn't do this with the 3&3/4" mold.  I'm going to see how it looks with Kubrick pilots one of these days.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: August 28, 2009, 12:13 PM »
I saw the Snowspeeder pack just a couple times at retail here too, but I'm glad to see it is on the way again.  I've always been a fan of the ship in general, but I think it is one of the cooler GH sets we've gotten over the years.  I'm so glad that we're starting to get more vehicles (particularly OT) in this line, can't wait for Slave 1.

Offline icruise

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: August 29, 2009, 10:54 AM »
Yeah, I got the snowspeeder a little bit ago and was really impressed. I had seen it earlier when I was trying to cut back on GH stuff, so I didn't get it. But then I saw it again and noticed that it came with the probe droid (which I hadn't realized), so that sold me on the set. I really like the vehicles in general.

Offline 78bird85

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: August 29, 2009, 07:28 PM »
i have a question for you guys.  I own all 24 cinema scenes sets and 2 millenium falcons all mint in box.  when I was collecting these, i never realized how much space they take up in their boxes!  i like the cinema scenes they are displayed in so i don't want to get rid of the boxes or open them up.  does anyone else have this same problem with space or do you all just have them boxed up?

Offline icruise

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: August 30, 2009, 12:45 AM »
I just toss all of the boxes immediately. I don't really feel any need to save them, although some are kind of cute. They just take up too much space. I know this is a contentious issue, but I don't see how you can really enjoy them without opening them up. Just my opinion.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: August 30, 2009, 01:04 AM »
I had kept mine packaged for the first year or two, but I quickly realized how much space I could save by opening them.  I've never regretted it because I can display them in groups as I like.

Offline 78bird85

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: August 30, 2009, 02:23 PM »
does anyone have any pics to share on how you display your galactic heroes?  here are some of my collections displayed.

this is an old picture from my galactic heroes loose collection (which I have sold, so i just have the cinema scenes)

Offline The Stolen CCG License

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: September 2, 2009, 11:08 AM »
I just toss all of the boxes immediately. I don't really feel any need to save them, although some are kind of cute. They just take up too much space. I know this is a contentious issue, but I don't see how you can really enjoy them without opening them up. Just my opinion.

My move is usually to toss the box on the floor for the kids to play with for a few days until it's nice and beaten up, then it goes to the trash.  I have enough space headaches with all the ships.

I've customed up a few mostly wooden GH playsets the last couple Christmasses, to cover some play pattern needs (clones, droids, and rebels can make pretty much any inside/outside area a battle field... but what are all those aliens for?  Hence, the bare bones Cantina that I LOVE and the barebones Jabba's Palace that's still missing a little something).

Almost unfortunately, the cardboard scenes are getting WAY better though... to the point it's a [still necessary] shame to get rid of them.  The medal ceremony box, with that fold out flap, makes a really neat little scene.

Offline 78bird85

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: September 4, 2009, 06:15 PM »
here is my complete collection of Galactic Heroes Cinema Scenes (minus the new ROTJ Millenium Falcon) take up the room I had in my closet.  It is very hard for me to open up these and take then away from their dioramas they come in.  They look really great but unfortunately take up toooooo much room!  If anyone else has pics on how they display their Galactic Heroes Cinema Scenes, please share!

Offline jedi ds

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: September 6, 2009, 04:56 PM »
anyone find any of the new cinema scenes this weekend? ... i found the Endor Celebration and Anakin Starfighter sets at Target ... the Endor Luke has the clear version saber .... Leia is not as bad as some might have thought .... I expect the new Vader just to have the clear saber ... hope I am wrong tho! 
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 02:11 PM by jedi ds »

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #1198 on: September 9, 2009, 11:52 AM »
Apologies if this is old news (I have been a little behind on GH stuff lately), but I noticed some new sets listed at some of the various e-tailers out there... no pics yet though:

- Darth Vader (new) and Stormtrooper
- Obi-Wan Kenobi and Commander Fil
- Anakin Skywalker (poncho) and ARF Trooper
- Gunner Trooper and Battle Droid with jetpack
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: September 9, 2009, 01:24 PM »
Yeah, I think EE listed them recently, but I'm eagerly waiting to see what these all look like.  "Darth Vader" - new sculpt or just a repaint...