Author Topic: Celebration IV Inside the Star Wars Celebration Store  (Read 8588 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Time to see what's in store at the Celebration store, your wallet will be spent before you open it!   :D

Inside the Star Wars Celebration Store

Download the printable PDF catalog of Celebration Store goods here.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Celebration IV Inside the Star Wars Celebration Store
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2007, 08:39 AM »
Is there a one-of-everything-please line??? ;)
Beth

Offline mousedroid

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2007, 12:29 PM »
The only thingthat really jumps out at me, besides the figures, for which they still haven't published a price,  is the McQ Bespin print.  I'm definitely hoping to snag one of those.

No bags or backpacks allowed in the store?  Sounds reasonable since it's apparently going to be set up like a department store, but I wonder if they'll have a bag check at the entrance or something like they do for the art show at the San Diego Comic-Con.  Otherwise I'll have to leave all my crap at the hotel in the morning and go back for it after shopping.  Probably not a bad idea anyway though.

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2007, 12:32 PM »
I'm not too impress with the stuff that they have listed and shown.  The only things that I know I will pick up are the figures, C4 posters, and programs.  I may possble by one of the hoodies, frame/clock, and the magnets.   Sucks that they don't have a badge set this time around since I have one for all three previous celebrations.

EDIT:  Just read that SSW.com will have a very limited set of badges after the show for $30.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2007, 04:14 PM by Darth Kenobi »

Offline JedioftheNorth

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2007, 02:37 PM »
Just going to pick up the figures, couple of t-shirts, and a hoody but still really debating about the Bespin McQuarrie print it is amazing.

Offline Oboewan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2007, 01:04 PM »
I'm not too impressed either.  For sure I'm picking up my figures, a shotglass, probably the 30th Ann Vader shirt (I HATE the CIV logo) and possibly the backpack (since I'm in the market for a new one anyway and the crappy laptop bag I got from SW Shop is falling apart) and maybe the 4-in-1 pen.   The Bespin print is also high on my list of maybes at this point.   Most of my cash will be spent in the exhibitors room this time.   I was kinda hoping they'd do another blanket like they did for CIII but no dice.
Looks like my Quickpath on Thursday will be... well..  quick

Oboewan
"Who is more the fool... the fool or the fool who posts after him?"

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2007, 01:52 PM »
I think there are a few things to get. Especially to bring home for the kids and wife... It's not too bad.

It states on the PDF that the badge set will be on SWS.com for $30... I will want one of those for sure.

The McQ print is listed on the PDF for $50.

Offline Darth Bonk

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2007, 01:52 PM »
So the store is open 24 hours.  Does that mean anyone can just walk in 24 hours a day?  Or do you still need a badge for that day to go in?

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2007, 04:40 AM »
So the store is open 24 hours.  Does that mean anyone can just walk in 24 hours a day?  Or do you still need a badge for that day to go in?

I forgot to actually ask about that, sorry Matt (I'll try to remember tomorrow).  But I'll say this, the Celebration Store was a beautiful, and wonderfully easy and painless experience.  I was in shock just walking in there in the middle of the afternoon, right up to a table in the corner stacked with McQuarrie droids, and virtually no other customers anywhere in site.  Had there been, it would've probably still not been a problem, since they had at least 50 cash registers lining one entire wall for checkout.  Amazing.  It was so spacious in there, that it almost felt like a ghost town.  Probably my first pleasant experience ever buying a convention exclusive.  Picked up a t-shirt too.  The other products weren't overly exciting, but the set up definitely gets a huge two thumbs up from me!

I'm sure it'll be a tad more crowded in there throughout the actual weekend, but it should still be immensely better than any of the prior efforts.  Looks like someone finally learned something for a change.  Kudos to GenCon!  Even if we had to walk about a block away to get to their store...
« Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 04:40 AM by JediMAC »

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2007, 10:19 AM »
I hope this is good news for the whole weekend!  As described in my rant elsewhere, I'm very upset that I won't be able to get into the store to buy my figures until Saturday morning when will call opens.  Hopefully, it won't be mobbed!!

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2007, 10:34 AM »
One thing I noticed that with the store though was that some items were already sold out that I wouldn't of thought would sell out.  Most notably was the Laser pointer pen.  I went in right at 3:00pm and saw that they were sold out.  Asked if it was only sold out for the day unfortunately found out it was for the entire convention. That seems to be weird that Gen Con only made enough to only last 3 hours.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2007, 06:46 AM »
I hope this is good news for the whole weekend!  As described in my rant elsewhere, I'm very upset that I won't be able to get into the store to buy my figures until Saturday morning when will call opens.  Hopefully, it won't be mobbed!!

Well, the word I got today from folks who ventured in there was that there was a fairly long line first thing this morning (still less than an hour), but that folks who wandered over in the afternoon (like we did the day before), walked straight into the store, grabbed their stuff, and were out of there in 5 minutes.  So once the bumrush subsides, the place is wide open and easy as hell to zip through, even for the Droid figures.

Granted, anything can happen, so don't take this word as gold, since I don't want to be responsible for anyone possibly missing out on something, but if it were me, I'd just hit the Luke line first since that's the toughest of the figures, and then head over across the street for the Droids when the morning crowds have had their fill...
« Last Edit: May 26, 2007, 06:46 AM by JediMAC »

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2007, 11:28 PM »
Anyone take advantage of the 50% off today?

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2007, 11:44 PM »
Anyone take advantage of the 50% off today?

I did. I was able to get that Vader hoodie for $20.00 bucks which was nice. That was the one thing I really wanted.
I remember my dream now.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2007, 02:10 AM »
I'll say this, the Celebration Store was a beautiful, and wonderfully easy and painless experience.

Glad to hear it!  Let's hope they remember this for Celebration V.  ;)