Author Topic: 2006 Vintage Saga Collection (vTSC)  (Read 135311 times)

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
Re: 2006 vOTC (or vTSC) - now with pics!
« Reply #285 on: March 7, 2006, 10:17 PM »
Paul, that is awesome.  If I can bother you with one more request: is there any way that he fits on the Bantha to replace the POTF2 version?
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: March 7, 2006, 10:38 PM »
Paul, that is awesome.  If I can bother you with one more request: is there any way that he fits on the Bantha to replace the POTF2 version?

I would be glad to, except I don't have a Bantha..if anybody in the D/FW area has one let me know, I'll drop Tuskie off and however it needs to work.

I never had the bantha so I don't know did that Tusken Raider have wide straddle legs? 

I was wondering if I needed to snag one off of the Bay...

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #287 on: March 7, 2006, 11:44 PM »
Early samples or not I disagree with Jeff.

That's it, you're on my "naughty" list.  Plus, I'm going to tell on you...  :P

Uh, anyway, I expect there will be more/better info on the mail away once these figures hit in larger numbers.  I just think that this particular figure should not be considered as exactly what the "final" product may be.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline The Professor

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • My Custom Dioramas at The Jawa
« Reply #288 on: March 8, 2006, 09:04 PM »
That Tusken Raider is a great figure.  Thanks for posting pictures and opening it.  It looks a little pale compared to other Sand People, but the soft goods look really nice on this figure.  The big cloak compliments rather than distracts from it (ie. VOTC Obi-Wan).
"Go plug the professor into the back!"

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: March 8, 2006, 10:15 PM »

I would be glad to, except I don't have a Bantha..if anybody in the D/FW area has one let me know, I'll drop Tuskie off and however it needs to work.

I've got one. :)
« Last Edit: March 8, 2006, 11:30 PM by Rob »

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: March 8, 2006, 10:36 PM »

/quote]

I've got one. :)

I was hoping you'd say that...I have stuff to drop off for you anyway....

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #291 on: March 9, 2006, 03:40 AM »
Paul, thanks for the great pics--particularly the comparison shots. :)

I am mightily looking forward to getting my hands on the figure.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #292 on: March 10, 2006, 06:41 AM »
Just wanted to say Thanks for the pics.
I usually post on Rebelscum, and had heard there were loose pics of this figure here. A better Tusken has been at the top of my wish list for a while, so I was really happy to see these pics.

Thanks again for opening and for the pics.

Well get your ass over here and avoid the Jr. High lockeroom. :)

Seriously though Paul, very nice pics, thanks man.  The figure looks great to me...  The arms are definitely more poseable than the Tusken Sniper (and its other recard names), what with wrist joints and things...  The sniper's got (I'm going off the top of my head here) a left wrist and angle-cut right elbow and MAYBe right wrist?  It's pretty limited though, and this Tusken looks good with raised arms, or arms down too despite the baggy outfit.

The softgoods comparison shot you took with Obi-Wan is outstanding Paul...  It's like an ad for using cloth on action figures properly. :)  Very nice.

I don't mind the paintjob myself, though it's not fantastic.  The Sniper he's compared to is sort of too gold. 

Bummed to hear about the gummy weapons Paul but I figured that'd be the case.  I think Hasbro ran with cheap plastic on accessories in the VOTC line too (the Stormie blasters are noticeably more flimsy for instance).  Hasbro's probably cutting a corner with that to save $.  Yet they gave two accessories so that's weird, but whatever.  I can't wait to get this figure in droves.

Oh and thanks for the heads up on the Bandoleirs.  Definite customizing potential Paul...  A good part to reproduce for that hobby.

Great stuff man, I'm thinking I want about as many as you're looking to pick up. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Flacksguy

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: March 11, 2006, 07:28 AM »

Ha Ha Ha, Thanks Jesse.

Paul,
now that EE has posted that information about the mail away GL stormtrooper, did you happen to notice if your figure came with a "tab" and where in the package was it?
Thanks

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: March 11, 2006, 08:58 AM »
I did not notice a Tab...but I did notice that the UPC had the old "cut around the dotted line" dots, but no scissors or instructions to cut it out. 

The upc is on the cardboard insert piece that is in the plastic clamshell.

I'll try to get pics up this afternoon!!!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #295 on: March 13, 2006, 04:15 AM »
The figure is indeed great.

I was reading around forums tonight to play catch up from the weekend...  I really see a lot of anger, and I can understand a lot of it, but it's making the hobby just fill up with the less favorable these days...  People angry over nothing, people fighting over silliness...

The VOTC look great, they're what I'm really anxious to get this year because right now the basic figures just look like they're going to fill everyone with rage and hate in this hobby.

At least VOTC have SOME chance of maybe being findable.  The $10 pricepoint has always proven the slower seller, so maybe that'll work out for those of us wanting to unload heavy scratch on these figures.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: March 14, 2006, 10:20 AM »
Super Articulated Sandtrooper?  This is the happiest day of my collecting life.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: March 14, 2006, 05:35 PM »
The figure is indeed great.

I was reading around forums tonight to play catch up from the weekend...  I really see a lot of anger, and I can understand a lot of it, but it's making the hobby just fill up with the less favorable these days...  People angry over nothing, people fighting over silliness...

The VOTC look great, they're what I'm really anxious to get this year because right now the basic figures just look like they're going to fill everyone with rage and hate in this hobby.

At least VOTC have SOME chance of maybe being findable.  The $10 pricepoint has always proven the slower seller, so maybe that'll work out for those of us wanting to unload heavy scratch on these figures.

I agree totally ..lotta hate, name calling for silly reasons-it IS affecting the hobby.
My job is to share as many bikers as I can to make folks happier ;). Well..I know I'll score alot ..but for the happier part(not greedier) we'll see.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2006, 05:38 PM by Darth Slothus »

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: March 16, 2006, 06:08 PM »
has anyone checked out www.toynewsi.com, their pics of the votc figs are the best i've seen so far.  the one of Han is great all he needs is a cowboy hat and big a$$ mustache and he'd look just like wyatt earp.  the only thing is and i don't want to sound anal is that he has his anh blaster instaed of the rotj one.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: March 16, 2006, 10:57 PM »
the only thing is and i don't want to sound anal is that he has his anh blaster instaed of the rotj one.

Wow, I would never have noticed. I don't even know the difference, what is it?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."