Author Topic: Welcome to the Jungle Gn'R Fan Club  (Read 131689 times)

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
Music video for "Better"???
« Reply #255 on: June 30, 2006, 02:54 PM »
There was a 40 second teaser trailer for a new GNR video for the song "Better" posted on YouTube.com by somebody.  The video has been taken down by the same person, probably b/c of copyright infringement.

Based on the notes posted, the trailer was shown on MTV recently, and the person, by pure luck, recorded the trailer.  MTV said the video would be officially released on July 23rd.

I'm new to this thread, but maybe (just maybe) Axl and GNR will finally come back full force with "Chinese Democracy".  Despite all the other times that Axl has promised the album would be released, never once did he release a video for one of the songs. 

Click HERE for the info.  Scroll down the videos until you see the "Teaser Trailer for new video".

At least there is hope in 2006... :P
« Last Edit: June 30, 2006, 02:58 PM by S_A_Longhorn »
"WE HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE.  TODD WILL COOPERATE."
-Sarah Palin to Charlie Gibson, a week before her husband, Todd Palin, refused to cooperate

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
Re: Welcome to the Jungle Gn'R Fan Club
« Reply #256 on: July 16, 2006, 12:45 PM »
OK... annoying request time.

I'm trying to burn a copy of my Velvet Revolver Contraband CD so I can keep one in my car without worrying about it melting.  It must have some funky copy protection, because the Exact Copy wouldn't play, and any attempt to add the individual .WMA files to my record list in Sonic Record Now fails.

Big pain in my ass.  All the other CDs I tried copied with no problem.  Anyway... anybody got the MP3s?  I'm done fighting trying to do it this way.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #257 on: July 16, 2006, 03:58 PM »
OK... annoying request time.

I'm trying to burn a copy of my Velvet Revolver Contraband CD so I can keep one in my car without worrying about it melting.  It must have some funky copy protection, because the Exact Copy wouldn't play, and any attempt to add the individual .WMA files to my record list in Sonic Record Now fails.

Big pain in my ass.  All the other CDs I tried copied with no problem.  Anyway... anybody got the MP3s?  I'm done fighting trying to do it this way.

Filesharing is illegal.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: July 16, 2006, 04:31 PM »
Filesharing is illegal.

Not in Canada.  ;D

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #259 on: July 19, 2006, 12:51 PM »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #260 on: July 19, 2006, 04:35 PM »
You guys are no fun.

1987-12-17 St. Paul

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: July 25, 2006, 04:41 PM »
Check out this site: MyGNR.com and the cooresponding forum MyGNRforum.com

I'm new to this thread, and ever since I heard those 4 songs posted my Matt, I've been dying to hear the latest news and info.  So MyGNR.com is new to me, but might be old-hat to some of you guys.  That site should be the official site.

There is a thread in the forum that says Izzy extended his touring with the new lineup.  GNR is on an extended tour in Europe, spreading over 3 months practically.  Someone also commented that Izzy and Axl were writing again.  So there could be brand new songs (which of course would push the "album" back again), in addition to the rumored 32 songs already completed. 

All hopeful news... 8)
-Sarah Palin to Charlie Gibson, a week before her husband, Todd Palin, refused to cooperate

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #262 on: July 25, 2006, 04:46 PM »
All hopeful news...

Hopeful, my ass. 

The buildup to the album is going to be much more interesting than the album itself.  I hope it never comes out.

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: July 25, 2006, 05:41 PM »
Hopeful, my ass. 

The buildup to the album is going to be much more interesting than the album itself.  I hope it never comes out.

The album will never live up to hype, I agree.  But the hype is in the "eyes" of the media or people.  To me, I really like the 4 tracks posted here.  I like the sound of the new band.  And rock music is full of paper-cutout bands.  Their sound is original and unique, if only b/c of Axl's voice. 

Only time will tell how the album is viewed, if it ever comes out.  Any doubts that it would premiere at #1 on Billboard?

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #264 on: July 25, 2006, 10:52 PM »
To me, I really like the 4 tracks posted here.

Me, I could take 'em or leave 'em. 

I'll be honest:  To me, the new Guns N' Roses (cringe) is more a novelty act than anything else.  I view them as a glorified tribute band--kind of like if Paul McCartney went out and toured with Beatlemania.  I follow it because I was really in to the real band back when they were huge, and also because I'm a cynical bastard and enjoy watching the circus that Axl's turned it into lately.  I'm really not in to that kind of music anymore (read: I'm getting old and mellowing out) and if I do want to hear some new-ish stuff that kinda sounds like the old Gn'R, for my money, Velvet Revolver is already way closer to that than anything Axl can put out.

Any doubts that it would premiere at #1 on Billboard?

No doubts at all in my mind--and no doubts that it would be #1 on the following week's "sold back to used record stores" list, if they kept such a beast. . .

But who am I kidding?  I'll be right there, picking it up along with everyone else on release day.  Nothing like watching (or in this case, listening to) a good train wreck. . .

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: July 27, 2006, 11:15 AM »
Link to a live performance of "NIGHTTRAIN" in Holland on the current GNR tour, but this version is with Izzy on backup guitars: "Nighttrain" with Izzy

And here is a pic I saw on the GNR boards:

Big news on the forum is about a US tour later this year, between September and December.  Lot of rumors now that the album will finally be released.  If GNR does tour, they should stick to the small venues, b/c without that album, they will not fill the arenas.  May not fill it anyway...

Offline sfg

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: July 27, 2006, 04:17 PM »
Man, they didn’t even let Izzy take his solo.  On Appetite, Izzy played the first half of the solo and Slash came in for the second half.  With Axl’s new band, it looks like the same arrangement, where the primarily rhythm player takes the first solo and the lead player takes Slash’s solo.  But, come on, if you have the man in the house, why not let him play his part?

Anyway, the link you gave had another recent clip of Axl’s band playing Nightrain much more true to the form of the old days:

Old School Nightrain

Also, poking around some of those videos came up with these videos from a 1986 show.  Nothing mind shattering, but I enjoyed the pre-AFD versions of Don’t Cry and Back Off Bitch.  Note also that Axl has not yet gotten the Appetite cross and skulls tattoo.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #267 on: July 27, 2006, 04:19 PM »
 :)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #268 on: July 27, 2006, 04:48 PM »
Also, poking around some of those videos came up with these videos from a 1986 show.  Nothing mind shattering, but I enjoyed the pre-AFD versions of Don’t Cry and Back Off Bitch.  Note also that Axl has not yet gotten the Appetite cross and skulls tattoo.

Nice.  I've got the (1986?) demo for Don't Cry somewhere and like it a lot better than the '91 versions.  Rawer sound, cool little spoken word thing during the solo, no silly ToniiiiiiiiiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight thing at the end. 

Thanks for posting that stuff, Darin, and whoever that other guy is.  I only know who one guy is in the photo of "The Band."  That's awesome.

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: July 27, 2006, 05:33 PM »
Man, they didn’t even let Izzy take his solo.  On Appetite, Izzy played the first half of the solo and Slash came in for the second half.  With Axl’s new band, it looks like the same arrangement, where the primarily rhythm player takes the first solo and the lead player takes Slash’s solo.  But, come on, if you have the man in the house, why not let him play his part?

Anyway, the link you gave had another recent clip of Axl’s band playing Nightrain much more true to the form of the old days:

Old School Nightrain

There have been many reports of the old GNR/Axl walking off-stage incidents during the European concert.  The band members have also done the same (as does any band) when the crowd throw things at them.  Axl has no patience for it tho.

I'll try to find the names of the guys in that pic above of "The Band".  I initially thought Izzy was pictured, but I think that is Finck.