Author Topic: Welcome to the Jungle Gn'R Fan Club  (Read 131678 times)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome to the Jungle Gn'R Fan Club
« Reply #360 on: February 28, 2007, 08:26 PM »
Hey guys, some of us are waiting until April 3.  How about a spoiler alert?  >:(

Warning, there are spoilers in this thread.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: March 1, 2007, 03:30 PM »
Hey guys, some of us are waiting until April 3.  How about a spoiler alert?  >:(

Warning, there are spoilers in this thread.

Kevin

:D ;D

Those songs have been out for a while now, and unless you've heard them before, the titles of those songs are worthless.

But sure, put me down as "can't wait until April 3rd"....... ::)
"WE HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE.  TODD WILL COOPERATE."
-Sarah Palin to Charlie Gibson, a week before her husband, Todd Palin, refused to cooperate

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: March 1, 2007, 04:21 PM »
Surprised no one mentioned the new release date.  September :P What a looser.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #363 on: March 1, 2007, 04:47 PM »
Looks like that's just a date posted on some European music store web site... nothing official.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: March 2, 2007, 11:01 AM »
Looks like that's just a date posted on some European music store web site... nothing official.

Well if we go by the "official" date.......I'll let you guys know what I think of the album this Tuesday!  ::)
-Sarah Palin to Charlie Gibson, a week before her husband, Todd Palin, refused to cooperate

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #365 on: March 2, 2007, 12:55 PM »
Well if we go by the "official" date.......I'll let you guys know what I think of the album this Tuesday!  ::)

If you take Axl at his word, March 6 was never set in stone--it was a target date:

this is not a promise, a lie or a guarantee, but we do wish to announce a tentative release date of March 6. This is the first time we have done this publicly for this album. Others have made up all the other dates for their own reasons. We would like to assure the fans that everything in our power will be done to meet this date. Once it is finalized and official, you will be notified. If we are delayed for unseen reasons, you also will be notified as soon as possible in regard to a new date, and the album will be released as shortly thereafter as is possible.

What do you want or hope the album sounds like?

I don't know--something better than what I've heard so far. 
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: March 2, 2007, 01:06 PM »
Matt, has the band actually posted any notices about the delay, or anything of the sort? All I saw was that story you posted ABOUT the band experiencing delays, but nothing actually from the band.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #367 on: March 2, 2007, 01:15 PM »
Matt, has the band actually posted any notices about the delay, or anything of the sort? All I saw was that story you posted ABOUT the band experiencing delays, but nothing actually from the band.

This is all that's been posted on the band's official site since the "letter from Axl" in December:

The good news is that all of the recording for the album has been completed. Drummer Frank Ferrer and guitarist Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal integrated themselves into the recordings seamlessly and will have their presence felt.

There is no official release date, as the band is currently mixing, but after some delays and scheduling difficulties, things appear to be moving along.

Take care,
Del James

That was last Thursday.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: March 3, 2007, 12:35 PM »
I heard "a" new GNR song on the radio this morning and it sounded pretty good.  Never really paid attention to song titles for some reason though.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: March 5, 2007, 03:07 PM »
I heard "a" new GNR song on the radio this morning and it sounded pretty good.  Never really paid attention to song titles for some reason though.

Where did you hear this?  Song title??

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: March 5, 2007, 03:33 PM »
Where did you hear this?  Song title??

A local rock station here in the Twin Cities area.  93X.  Quite the crappy station if I must say so myself, but this was a welcomed treat.  I haven't cared for GNR since back in the Illusion days so I didn't really let the song play out to catch a title. **note - I don't really care for song titles, so I wouldn't have even bothered remembering it if they gave it out.  I gave up on remembering/caring about song titles on Metallica's Black album.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: March 6, 2007, 11:58 AM »
It was probably "Better."

It could have been, well, better.

« Last Edit: March 6, 2007, 01:37 PM by ruiner »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: March 6, 2007, 12:02 PM »
Apparently some radio stations that have played "Better" have also been served with cease and desist orders from either Guns n' Roses management or the label.  The whole thing really has become so ridiculous.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: March 11, 2007, 10:06 PM »
According to Wikipedia, the release date for Velvet Revolver's Libertad album is June 5.

On February 23, 2007, Dave Kushner announced on his website that "The last day in the studio was yesterday...and now all that's left to do is finish mixing." [8] The album's official release date is currently June 5.

And the tracklisting...

1. She Builds Quick Machine
2. Pills, Demons, Etc.
3. (This Fight Could Be) The Last Fight
4. Motherfucka
5. Boogie in "E"
6. Just 16
7. Please Don't Go
8. Messages (They Left)
9. Swiss Miss
10. Mary Mary
11. Remedy
12. Grave Dangers
13. Gas-N-A-$Laugh
14. Get Out the Door
15. Wasted Heart
16. Queen for a Day

KIinda funny VR has put out 2 records before neo-GNR's put out their first.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: March 11, 2007, 10:21 PM »
It was probably "Better."

It could have been, well, better.

I sat through an entire listening this morning and it was in fact "Better"  Loved the song for the most part.  My older brother died in a car crash after T2 came out so the song brought a tear to my eye after listening to it in its entirety - didn't mean much but I appreciated hearing the new/old voice of Axl....