Author Topic: 2008/2009 Evolutions Sets  (Read 160006 times)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: 2008/2009 Evolutions Sets
« Reply #750 on: June 25, 2009, 03:05 PM »
Nice touch on TIE Pilot having the widow's tears on the helmet from ANH.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #751 on: June 25, 2009, 04:18 PM »
These look cool overall for repaints/refreshes. My only beef with the Tie Pilot is the crappy 2004 Legs that they are using. They have that Steven Segal bone break bend forward action. I am down with 4 sets of these although I only want x4 Tie Pilots and x2 V-Wing Pilots.

I am most excited about the pilot pack. I already have the Shire Brie figure, it has a nice head sculpt. I hope they give Red 4 his big schnoz. Is it me ore does Jake Farrell look a little too young from the actual actor?It's hard to tell from the pic.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: June 26, 2009, 10:49 AM »
Nice touch on TIE Pilot having the widow's tears on the helmet from ANH.

Good catch, that's awesome. Makes me want to re-think how many I need. In stead of a squad of nine, perhaps only four to act as squad leaders.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: June 27, 2009, 01:59 PM »
If anyone is looking to army build pilots, I'm going to say avoid the sets and maybe even getting them individually via Ebay or forums. If the Ep.III Clone Pilot from the last set was any indication, I'd say that the TIE pilots will be available individually next year at the latest.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #754 on: June 28, 2009, 04:52 AM »
We got some nice boxed (front and back) shots of the upcoming WM Evolutions sets, which, unfortunately, spell the end for this line...  For now anyway.

Evolutions is always one of my favorites so I'm disappointed to see it end as exclusive to someone.  The sets are always so well done. :(

Anywhoo...

Commandoes and Imperials and Rebels!  Oh my!

Head on out to the front page to check the images out...  There's 4 for each figure, and you can read the box back and stuff.  Yay.  :D

To be honest, I want 3 of each set, at least...  Assuming these aren't coming in at some ball-busting price like $30 or something.  I'm hoping they'll be the $20-ish price they've been most places, and look forward to getting multiple sets.

That said, if any of you guys are looking to break up sets because you want more of one over another, hit me up.  Come time, I may take the extra figures you don't want depending on what they are.  I too, of course, want a TIE Pilot army, but I don't mind extra Clones and stuff either...  I really, REALLY am wanting to build an Imp. Commando army, actually, so if any of you guys wanted red ARC Troopers or Rep Commandoes, let me know.  I'd like the Impy in that set in some abundance.

It was featured in one of the X-Wing games (for the Gamecube, not the PC ones), and was originally a West End Games RPG design, which Hasbro appears to have been faithful to.  That gives me the giddies since I always like WEG designs.  It's far superior to the SDCC one on the bike they cranked out.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: June 28, 2009, 11:10 AM »
With all the picture breaking, it makes it seem like these are going to hit any day.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #756 on: June 28, 2009, 12:44 PM »
These are tough, because I'd really like some from each set, but not all.  I may go the ebay route for my wants.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #757 on: June 28, 2009, 01:06 PM »
They all look great, but I'm only going to pick up the Rebel set for my Alliance Hangar dio table.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #758 on: June 28, 2009, 05:01 PM »
With all the picture breaking, it makes it seem like these are going to hit any day.

It'll be some time yet Anton.  They just showed up in Asia recently, so there's usually a gap there yet for them to arrive.  Plus exclusives sometimes are held onto for some reason or another (resets and stuff), so I think these will be on track for a little later in either the Summer or early Fall.  I forget what their Toy Fair date said they'd be released?  ???
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #759 on: June 28, 2009, 05:12 PM »
I forget what their Toy Fair date said they'd be released?  ???

September (if the schedule holds)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 05:13 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #760 on: June 28, 2009, 05:28 PM »
Thanks Jayson.  That makes sense then...  June/early July we see pics from overseas and Hasbro's images...  August they ship to US, September release.  Seem on target then.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #761 on: July 6, 2009, 04:15 AM »
John D. Brannon, aka Red 4 from the Battle of Yavin, is chilling out on the front page...

Head on out to check him out with and without his helmet on.

That pilot sculpt looks pretty sharp.  I'm excited to add him to the Yavin briefing set-up.  Power Team Elite made these slick folding chairs I've got some of, and the pilots look extra nifty in them gearing up for the battle.

Head on out and check him out though, he's a pretty neat looking figure IMO.
« Last Edit: July 6, 2009, 04:26 PM by Jesse James »

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: July 6, 2009, 11:17 AM »

That pilot sculpt looks pretty sharp. 

Absolutely. And I'm very happy with this body. I just wonder how many pilots Hasbro can get away with using it for before we're all sick of it?  :P

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: July 6, 2009, 12:00 PM »
I'm already sick of it.

Same Body, same helmet-just a repaint. So all that is really new is the head.

Someone tell me why these are $8 each then?

They should be in battle packs or evolution style packs and be much more affordable. Like $18 for a set of three different pilots. That at least is fair seeing as how Hasbro doesn't need to put in the research and development for 90% of these rebel pilot figures.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: July 6, 2009, 03:11 PM »
I'm digging the rebel pilot set myself, loved the first two. Shame I'll probably never see these at retail.