Author Topic: TV series predictions (and wishes)  (Read 23327 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: TV series predictions (and wishes)
« Reply #45 on: August 2, 2005, 03:43 PM »
George Lucas' Latest Projects

Here's a short article on CNN discussing a recent Q and A from George Lucas.  It really sounds like he's moving into the world of 3D animation (with Clone Wars, I'm guessing), and will be setting up shop in Asia to do it.  That we already knew, I think.  He also mentioned that this will be a way to "get his foot into anime".  Does this mean that the next animated series will be moving in a more "anime" direction?  I think the actual definition of what anime is probably a little blurry now, but I guess if you consider the kiddie shows like Pokemon and YuGiOh and things like that anime, then I hope that's not the way Star Wars (Clone Wars) is headed.  I mean, its still Star Wars, so it could be cool...but I've just never been a real fan of that personally.  I thought the way the previous installments of Clone Wars were animated was just fine with me.  But, then again, I remember seeing some people saying that was "anime"-influenced.  I probably don't know exactly what it is, but I hope that future Star Wars/Clone Wars animated stuff is still up to the quality of the first batches of Clone Wars.

Offline dafoo

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 2, 2005, 09:18 PM »
I hope it doesn't look like the Manga comics they issued a while back.
who Learned you To spoke!

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #47 on: August 4, 2005, 02:04 AM »
So, will they not be going with the studio that made the first Clone Wars cartoon such a success? Seems daft to me.

And I really have a problem with people taking jobs that could be done here to Asia just to save money. Maybe it's not the same for entertainment as it is for industry/manufacturing, but it still bugs me.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2005, 10:49 AM »
I

HATE

ANIME

!
Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline brian_peppers

• Banned
  • Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 15, 2007, 03:26 PM »
I think it should be between episode 1 and 2 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :-* :-[ :'(
I suck.

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2007, 10:38 PM »
Wow, man this is a dead freakin' topic.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 18, 2007, 07:31 AM »
if the anime is like gundam WING or evangelion i might be interested.....not all anime is bright and funny.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 5, 2007, 03:48 PM »
For the live action show, I'm hoping for some recurring characters, but they don't have to be in EVERY episode. (For one, so as to not give an actor a big head and demand a large salary.) There could be 3-4 show story arc.

I'd love to see an arc of young Lando stories.

One main character could be a Jedi on the run, or a band of jedi who one by one get cut down by the empire/bounty hunters/Vader.

Of course the obligatory Boba Fett story arc.

How Han saved Chewie would be an AWESOME story arc and I'd suspect one of the more highly anticipated and watched portions of the series.

Some one-shots would be nice. Maybe one-shots of certain characters that were seen in the films, either OT or PT. This way there is history either after we've seen them in the PT of before we see them in the OT.

I'd like to know what happened to Dexster. Heck it could be told from Hermione Bagwa's (the hot blonde waitress) point of view.

There could be a stranded clone story as we've seen in the comics. Since not all SW fans read the comics, it's a story that could be shown on TV.

One thing I'm not for is an every episode cast. Again the money thing being one reason, but also, I don't want it to turn into camp.

Different stories throughout the timeline between episodes 3 and 4 do not need to run chronologically, therefore reducing the worry of continuity (though it still needs to be maintained of course).

I'm NOT interested in the chronicles of young Luke. Other than a chance encounter with Ben Kenobi, there really isn't much else of anything that seems interesting about his young life. Oooh, so he's a T-16 pilot. Whoopty freakin' doo. Even Leia's ascension to senator isn't all that appealing to me, especially if Palatine and/or Vader isn't a part of that story arc, since it would no doubts take place on Coruscant.

There is an abundant supply of stories out there.  I just hope Lucas picks the right ones and allows others to write/direct them.

He can and should have some input, but give others a chance to share their passion for a galaxy far far away.

-Sal
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 11, 2008, 05:04 PM »
So the Force unleasehed and the Live action TV Series are set in the same between EP III and EP IV.    Didn't they cast real actors for the parts in the game.   Could we see some of those characters show up on on the TV series.  hummmmmm
Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2008, 05:57 PM »
So the Force unleasehed and the Live action TV Series are set in the same between EP III and EP IV.    Didn't they cast real actors for the parts in the game.   Could we see some of those characters show up on on the TV series.  hummmmmm

The fact that they cast 'real' actors in the Force Unleashed isn't necessarily a tell tale sign that these guys will appear on the live action TV show. It has become a much more common practice in video games these days to cast real actors, whether it is just for voice work or for both voice work and facial scans/motion capture work. That is the route next-gen games in general seem to be headed down as they strive for more realistic game play.

That being said however in certainly is possible that we may see some of the characters appear in both TFU and the live-action series. Lucasfilm has shown that they really like to tie everything in the SW Universe into everything else (which is really my major gripe with EU, and a lot of the PT for that matter).
"This is the way."

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #55 on: March 12, 2008, 10:59 PM »
The crime lord things sounds cool. Give me Jabba the Hutt and some Droids characters and I will be happy.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #56 on: March 13, 2008, 03:21 AM »
Lucas has recently said publicly how impressed he was with HBO's "Rome" and how disappointed he was the series ended...  I think Deadwood was mentioned as well, as a series he liked (and one that ended even more abruptly).  Knowing that, the recent reports really make one think that Lucas was already gearing for something similar.

If he honestly takes this show in a dark direction, I think that could be nothing but GOOD for Star Wars...  Recognizing your audience is older now, and acting on that, is a good thing to me...  I think it could be really cool for us.

The idea of the "seedy underbelly" of the galaxy is cool too, but I'd hope the overall galaxy isn't overlooked...  It's the time of a budding Empire, but just like the Rome series, I could see the Empire's birth as the backdrop while you follow around the people who are dealing with daily life...  Crime lords running their businesses ala Al Swearingen and his business in Deadwood, the Gem Saloon...  That's one cool aspect of course.  All the while you've got the other "scum & villainy" out there...  From the elite like Boba Fett or Bossk, to the random guys just trying to make a buck... 

I was really sort of hoping we'd see some Jedi hunting, some Rebel rousing, some warin' and whorin' going on...  I don't know if I'd dig the main focus being on the "gangster" types, but either way I'm really hoping for greatness from the new show.  If you're on HBO though, why piss around with PG-13?  Go for R...  Be bold.  Really get people looking at your series as something for the grown ups.

Piss on Showtime too, they blow...  Go with HBO for it.  Much better series track record IMO, so I'm really hoping that's where it winds up at.  Not to mention I don't have Showtime anymore. ;D
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 13, 2008, 09:10 AM »
I usually agree with everything Jesse says...until now.  To begin with, I liked Deadwood and Rome, never watched the Sopranos.  However, I don't want a Star Wars series that spends more time trying to work in the F-Bomb and C*** into each episode, than actual plot lines.

I think the series serves us better as something more accesible than an R rating. Heck I'm not too keen on it being on HBO/Showtime either.  So we get 8-10 episodes a year?  I will lose interest between the last episode of Season 1 and the first of Season 2.

If by "Dark" it means we see the "Scum and Villany" of Star Wars, that is at least tolerable, but I'd much rather see the Birth of the Rebellion.  Keep in mind the more Creatures and Aliens we have as Main Characters, the more each episode will cost and the Margins will be that much thinner so as soon as it gets a little dip in ratings, it could get the ax.

Just my opinion.  Give me the further adventures of Rogue Squadron from Yavin forward...that would be a great series.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 13, 2008, 09:45 AM »
Yeah, this was interesting news for sure.  I'm all for a darker Star Wars as well, and glad that it sounds like its aimed at an older audience.  I don't really need an R-rated Star Wars either, that just doesn't seem like Star Wars to me.  Although, I guess the world is changing.  HBO and Showtime don't sound like great options to me, simply because we aren't subscribed to them (or any movie channels like that), but I would maybe consider it if Star Wars landed there.  I'd like to see all the elements Jesse mentioned included though, and hopefully we can see some of the "beginnings of the Rebellion" type stuff along the way - with the rise of the Empire as well.  If we can't see the big guns like Luke, Han, Vader, etc. - then maybe some other officers/pilots/etc. that we've at least heard of by name in the OT or something.

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 13, 2008, 02:33 PM »
I haven't followed the entire conversation or the development of this new series.  I've only read bit pieces here and there so I may be totally off my rocker. 

I hate the idea of SW on a movie channel.  The only ones that come as part of my satellite package is are the Encore stations.  I'm not going to subscribe to HBO or any other station simply to watch one show.  I loved the Sopranos, but I would wait until each season came out on DVD to watch.  I would do the same thing for SW, but I think there are a lot of people in the same boat as me.  As Paul mentioned, interest would wane from season 1 and the start of season 2.

Put it on one of the cable networks, TNT, USA, SciFi, or even if you want to get away from cable, Fox.  I think this will have a following, but the key is keeping the show accessible to the largest number of people.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.