Author Topic: VOTC/OTC Purchases  (Read 97297 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: VOTC/OTC Purchases
« Reply #270 on: August 3, 2005, 11:52 AM »
I read that as well Ben, and it might be worth checking the Family Dollars around town.  I couldn't really afford to get extras of many of the VOTC at $10 each, but at $5 I might pick up a few more.  Especially if there would be any Stormtroopers hanging about ;).

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #271 on: August 15, 2005, 01:45 AM »
Got R2 and 3PO for $5 each at Family Dollar on Thursday...  On Sunday while on a toy run I found a hidden Family Dollar in the area and scored a Chewbacca.

They had plenty of R2 and 3PO's but no Stormtroopers.  :(  I'm sorta bummed I didn't get any of those actually.  I'd have been happy if all I found was one Stormie and never found those other 3.

They had Ben's, Luke's, and Leia's too...  no Han, Yoda, or Lando...  The 3 I saw the most of in this line next to Luke, Leia, and Obi-Wan.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 15, 2005, 01:49 AM »
Got R2 and 3PO for $5 each at Family Dollar on Thursday...  On Sunday while on a toy run I found a hidden Family Dollar in the area and scored a Chewbacca.

They had plenty of R2 and 3PO's but no Stormtroopers.  :(  I'm sorta bummed I didn't get any of those actually.  I'd have been happy if all I found was one Stormie and never found those other 3.

They had Ben's, Luke's, and Leia's too...  no Han, Yoda, or Lando...  The 3 I saw the most of in this line next to Luke, Leia, and Obi-Wan.

You need Yoda? I'll swap you one for an Artoo.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #273 on: August 15, 2005, 02:02 AM »
Damn, and the local FD doesn't have ****.

Darby needs a Chewie, and I'd like to get an extra 3PO and maybe some Stormies. I'll bet they show eventually.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #274 on: August 15, 2005, 02:24 AM »
I heard the VOTC figures are showing up at Family Dollar stores. Chewie, 3PO, Stormtrooper, and Lando are the ones I heard mentioned. $5 each.

I traveled to the ghetto today (where the only local FD is located) and they were just unloading the truck, so I didn't see them. I did find some single packed GI Joes, so that was pretty cool.

I'll go back tomorrow or Monday and see if they received them.

I did the same thing today, one FD in my old neighborhood didn't have VOTC, though they had 3 sealed cases of Transformers that just came in. Another FD had a lone VOTC Obi-Wan, when I asked if they had anymore, they checked and found nothing. The guy said a truck was due during the week, so who knows, perhaps then they might have some more. Would be sweet to find cheap VOTC Stormies, one could only hope...
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #275 on: August 15, 2005, 03:14 AM »
I'll see what I can find for everyone.  R2 and Chewbacca will be on my list...  And 3PO too.  Stormies I'm cornering if I find them,b ut I can try helping for anything else I find too.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 15, 2005, 03:19 AM »
I'll see what I can find for everyone.  R2 and Chewbacca will be on my list...  And 3PO too.  Stormies I'm cornering if I find them,b ut I can try helping for anything else I find too.

Did you need a Yoda?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #277 on: August 15, 2005, 03:54 AM »
Nah, I mentioned him as one of the king pegwarmers I noticed around here...  I'll keep my eyes open for more.  There's other FD's around, they're just all kind of randomly placed so they're inconvenient stops generally.

This one near my gf's so out of the way I don't think anyone knew about it but someone musta bought anything else they had...  Some SW fan out here must exist. :P

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #278 on: August 15, 2005, 04:36 AM »
Thanks for the lookout, Jesse.  I needs me a Chewie.   :)

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #279 on: August 15, 2005, 06:57 PM »

JJ: you know where any Stormies you can spare can go  ;D
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #280 on: August 15, 2005, 08:01 PM »
I'll do what I can...    ::)  ;)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: August 15, 2005, 08:16 PM »
I got nothing but Lando Calrissian VOTCs on my pegs in NY.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: August 15, 2005, 08:46 PM »
No FDs in Cali, but I'll hit some up when I get to Las Vegas at the end of the month. 

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: June 19, 2006, 07:20 PM »
Picked up some loose POTC figs (Cantina Aliens and Amidala Celebration) from a friend. Thanks Mike!   ;D
I remember my dream now.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: March 17, 2007, 01:56 AM »
Picked up another Han At-St and Tie Pilot via trades.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."