Author Topic: Gentle Giant Bust Ups!  (Read 127302 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Bust Ups!
« Reply #420 on: April 14, 2005, 01:52 PM »
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: April 14, 2005, 01:56 PM »
Ouch!  :-\

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: April 14, 2005, 04:26 PM »
Holy @#%*! 

On a related note what stops someone from just painting a regular one black?  Would you be able to tell?  I would like a blackhole stormtrooper but I think I'll just paint one of my extras to satisfy that need.   :P

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: April 15, 2005, 01:54 AM »
Well, nothing would stop anyone from doing it, but it would be pretty easy to tell once you had it in hand.  Just like a vintage reproduction weapon that is painted over the original plastic color.  I'm sure you could do a great job of it with the right paint.  But man, wouldn't you be more than a little ticked if you dropped that kind of coin and got a fake in the mail :o

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: April 21, 2005, 01:22 AM »
Anyone know where I can find a Crimson Empire set at?

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: April 21, 2005, 08:28 AM »
Do you have any comic shops locally? They should have it, or should be able to
order it. My shop still has 1 left. I have the trade already, can`t justify spending the
$$$ just for the bust ups though...

Adam

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: April 25, 2005, 12:43 AM »
Need sleep, but thought I'd get pics of series 4 up for you folks as I imagine I'll be a wee bit busy at work tomorrow.  As always, photobucket is giving me grief with orientation and apologies for the quality at times:

So the series is:
Sidious/Palpatine
Obi-Wan
Grievous
Anakin
Yoda (OT)
Clone Trooper - 3 versions: green, red, yellow - presumably a couple of chase??

I forgot to upload the Anakin and Yoda figures. The Yoda is indeed OT.  I'll get it in soon.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #427 on: April 25, 2005, 04:46 PM »
The next wave of Bust-ups was absolutely incredible in their detail.  Best likenesses I've ever seen of human characters in that small of a scale.  Obi-Wan, Sidious, Anakin...  WOW.  Spot on, blowing the first series crap out of the water.  You guys will love these.

And yeah, the apology OT Yoda was great too, nicely compensating for the PT version offered in the first series.  Can't wait for these.  8)

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: April 25, 2005, 05:13 PM »
The next wave of Bust-ups was absolutely incredible in their detail.  Best likenesses I've ever seen of human characters in that small of a scale.  Obi-Wan, Sidious, Anakin...  WOW.  Spot on, blowing the first series crap out of the water.  You guys will love these.

And yeah, the apology OT Yoda was great too, nicely compensating for the PT version offered in the first series.  Can't wait for these.  8)

Those look great! Thanks for the pics, more $$$$ gone before I even make it  ;D
Adam

Offline starwax137

• Jedi Initiate
  • Go away.
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: April 25, 2005, 07:14 PM »
Shouldn't the clone be RotS-style?? The pics I saw were.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: April 26, 2005, 10:07 AM »
Shouldn't the clone be RotS-style?? The pics I saw were.

Should be, but this is what was on display at CIII and the guy at the booth indicated that yes, this is the next series.  He was cryptic, but excited about the following series which will be revealed at or around Comic Con. 
And yeah, the apology OT Yoda was great too, nicely compensating for the PT version offered in the first series. Can't wait for these. 8)

That was actually really cool to hear from them, sort of a we screwed up a bit, but now we're fixing it comment regarding the Yoda switcheroo. 

Offline starwax137

• Jedi Initiate
  • Go away.
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: April 27, 2005, 07:38 AM »
I'm just saying that I saw pics of these earlier and they had Ani, Obi, Yoda, GG, Palps, and a RotS Clone. Kinda wierd that these are different.

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
« Reply #432 on: April 27, 2005, 07:46 AM »
Anyone know where I can find a Crimson Empire set at?

I found mine at a local Borders bookstore.  May want to check there. Waldenbooks is affiliated, they may have them also.  Look around mine wasn;t in the SW section, but the regular comics TPB section.

Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
« Reply #433 on: April 27, 2005, 07:48 AM »
On another bust-up note, anyone notice that GG threw out a couple 2005 Toyfare exclusive Boba Fetts????

They put out about a dozen or so on Sat, and I asked if they had anymore, he said they only brought a few that wee left over.

I think they did the same with the Mace Windu minibust, (although they were selling that, the Fett was a freebie)
Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: April 27, 2005, 01:56 PM »
I should have just stayed away from this thread and the new pics from C3, because it seems every time I return, I'm interested in this line again.  I can't really afford the minibusts, so these offer a more cost effective alternative...and Gentle Giant really does seem to do a nice job with all of their products.  Although I'm sure it is in this thread somewhere, I'm too lazy to go through each page ;), so does someone have a quick checklist of what has been released and what is coming up?  I haven't really kept up very well, and I was wondering how tough it would be to catch up on things.  I would likely avoid the "chases", because I can't afford to get into the pricey pieces...but are the "regular release" ones hard to come by?  The only one I have ever picked up was a Chewbacca at Hot Topic, and I think that one in particular looks great.  I vaguely remember the Rebels wave, Sith Lords wave, and Bounty Hunters wave...is that roughly what is out so far?  Are any of the regular releases tough to get?  How do you collect them...buy them blind in cases, or at retail, or pick and choose via ebay?  Lots of questions, sorry :).  Thanks for any advice though.