Author Topic: Hasbro 2023 Indiana Jones Retro Collection  (Read 1433 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Hasbro 2023 Indiana Jones Retro Collection
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2023, 01:43 PM »
The Last Crusade:

TLC Retro Indy pre-order

Amazon -> https://amzn.to/3MijsX1  $14.99
EE -> https://ee.toys/9CEBO5  $11.99

#ad #sponsored

*reminder that this one is Amazon/Fan Channel, the rest of the shown TOD figures (Indy, Short Round) and TLC figures (Henry Sr., Sallah) are supposed to be Target exclusives.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2023, 01:50 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2023, 10:26 PM »
The pricing being all over the place is getting super old.  I suppose if it’s fan channel I’ll order one on Amazon now with these links.   Thanks Jeff!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2023, 11:04 PM »
I saw the Wave Two figures at Target yesterday…
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 1, 2023, 01:36 PM »
Just got my Last Crusade Retro Indy and he doesn't have a tie.  He's essentially the exact same thing as the Raiders Indy, but with a Grail instead of a Whip.

Do we know if that's intentional or not? 

The bubble also popped off of the card in shipping, so it's POSSIBLE that someone switched them, but I don't know why anyone would bother or why Amazon would have mailed me one that wasn't attached.  Maybe if the Bubble was attached this would be a relatively interesting error... the card is a Last Crusade card.
« Last Edit: June 1, 2023, 01:41 PM by Rob »

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 1, 2023, 01:45 PM »
No tie = not the figure promised. God, this is why I hate buying online...mine is supposed to be here today.

This figure is also supposed to include the satchel. Was there a satchel along with the grail?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #35 on: June 1, 2023, 03:28 PM »
The bubble also popped off of the card in shipping

I have heard from a few folks that the bubbles on the Target Short Round is really weak as well and some are popping off in Target stores.  Not great.

Very disappointing on the lack of a tie for TLC Indy.  Hoping they fix that with a running change or I'll likely just be skipping that one.

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 1, 2023, 03:43 PM »
I have seen in hand pictures of the TLC Indy with the tie having been purchased in store. So it's not a whole line problem thus far, but it's been reported a few times already that the ROTLA Indy is showing up on the TLC card (or with the card, since they all also report that the bubble came off in shipping) when preordered from Amazon.

I am concerned about the satchel being missing too, since all photos I have seen have it draped over the figures in the package...and if the wrong Indy is getting slapped into the bubble in the factory, then that satchel might be missing as well.

Mine, ordered from Amazon, can't get here fast enough to resolve the stitch in my side this afternoon! :)

Update: mine just arrived...bubble, tie and satchel all where they were supposed to be. It's puzzling...
« Last Edit: June 1, 2023, 04:29 PM by Muftak »

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 1, 2023, 10:30 PM »
All this tracks with what I got… I already returned it and am waiting on a replacement.  Hopefully it’s correct.  I didn’t think to take a photo… but I don’t think it had a satchel.  Must have just been a straight up regular Indy on this card.  I kind of wish the bubble was attached, someone might have wanted the error…

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 5, 2023, 09:21 AM »
My TLC Indy just arrived from Amazon.  I got the right figure, but the bubble was totally detached from the card.  Luckily none of the accessories were lost from the tray. 

Amazon has got to pack these a little better, and Hasbro needs to not be so cheap on their packaging design.  It reminds me of The Black Series 3.75" figures where the bubbles would just fall off the card.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 5, 2023, 10:04 AM »
This is on Hasbro. I don't believe I've seen a Short Round at Target that doesn't have a detached bubble.
« Last Edit: June 5, 2023, 10:04 AM by GrandMoffNick »
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 7, 2023, 02:51 PM »
My replacement Last Crusade Indy got here just now... it's correct with the Tie and Satchel.

The bubble was half attached and popped off just from looking at it.

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 8, 2023, 06:45 AM »
Just a heads up that Target has the TOD Indy and Short Round on their website finally.  I haven't seen any at my local Target so I'm glad this option finally showed up.  Hopefully I can get Henry and Sallah the same way.  I'm guessing after those two, this will be it for this line.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 2, 2023, 12:03 PM »
Dallas and Henry Senior are up on Target’s website now too.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 7, 2023, 10:32 AM »
The Target by me is already marking these down to $6.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2023, 10:35 AM »
Since it sounds like Indy is pretty much over, I have to say I am really really surprised that we didn't get a Retro Dial of Destiny wave.  I figured this was going to go like Star Wars where new media got a retro wave, but I guess they used their "new wave" Retro tooling dollars on a safer bet for old men collectors (TOD Indy, ShortRound; TLC Indy, Sr., Sallah).

Really bummed that there are NO 3.75" figures for Dial of Destiny (SA or Retro).  Oh well.  I guess I am glad KOTCS came out at the high point of 3.75" collecting at Hasbro so at least I have some great figures from the first 4 movies. :-\