Author Topic: Jedi Survivor.  (Read 1080 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Jedi Survivor.
« on: April 28, 2023, 07:01 AM »
Jedi Survivor comes out today (Amazon will be dropping off my copy at some point.)  So who's playing?

I had to get an X-Box Series X in order to play it.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Jedi Survivor.
« Reply #1 on: May 5, 2023, 04:45 AM »
I just started my first play through tonight and am still on Coruscant. The visuals, sound, and lore so far have been amazing. The opening level is very reminiscent of what the old 1313 could have been. I am really looking forward to playing this through.

EA is still be my least favorite publisher, but I love what Respawn has been able to do with this series so far. I’m excited to see where this story is headed. Games like this really do make me more annoyed that EA had the exclusive SW rights for so long. I really wish we’d get more high quality AAA story driven games from different studios. I’d love 1-2 per year if the writing quality & gameplay was up to par. For what should be one of the hottest IPs out there, we don’t get nearly enough new SW games.

I’m also definitely in the camp that wouldn’t mind seeing a Cal Kestis crossover in Ahsoka or any of the other live-action shows. I’m glad Hasbro finally gave us a figure of him. I’d love to see them make of the rest of the crew & some of the more obscure characters (non-army builders.)

"This is the way."

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 5, 2023, 07:28 AM »
So I'm getting towards the end of the campaign, and I've spent most of the past couple of days doing side quests.  I'm amazed at all the content in this game!

I recommend doing as may side quests as possible between main missions...even if you have to leave and go to other planets.  Kind of like how I play Mass Effect.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #3 on: May 5, 2023, 03:44 PM »
I definitely play the same way in these kinds of games. It took me well over 500 hours of playing Skyrim before I completed the main quest line.
"This is the way."

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 6, 2023, 12:03 PM »
I definitely play the same way in these kinds of games. It took me well over 500 hours of playing Skyrim before I completed the main quest line.

And you're still married?
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2023, 06:20 PM »

And you're still married?

She knew what she was getting into. :D
"This is the way."

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2023, 06:35 PM »
Still chipping away at the game and am probably somewhere between 25-50% completion. I’m really enjoying the story so far. This game is a gold mine for new figures and alien designs. It’s too bad we are likely to only ever going  to get more repainted army builders. (And even then, the new KX Security Droid is painted the wrong color.)

I’d love to build out the bar/cantina. Maybe it can be a future custom project.
"This is the way."

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #7 on: July 6, 2023, 05:36 PM »
I just wrapped up Survivor last week and completed all of the achievements. Overall I loved the game and the story. It was refreshing to have a huge AAA game that I was able to complete 100% and NOT have it take hundreds of hours. It felt like they did a good job of giving us lots to do, but not so many side quests that it felt like a chore.

I had a few issues with responsiveness with some of the controls (or I am old and just suck now...) that made the Force Tears immensely frustrating to complete. I also had an issue where none of the Bounties worked for me until the patch came out a week or two ago and I had to farm them all at the end, right before wrapping up the main story slightly taking away from the suspense a bit.

I hope Respawn continues making games in this series, even with EA losing exclusivity. DLC for Survivor would be nice, but I'd almost just prefer a sequel.
"This is the way."

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 6, 2023, 06:51 PM »
I have two force tears to complete both of them are the ridiculous parkour ones.  I'll get them eventually.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #9 on: July 7, 2023, 01:54 AM »
I have two force tears to complete both of them are the ridiculous parkour ones.  I'll get them eventually.

Yup those were the hardest two for me too, they took more than an hour each. It was so frustrating that it takes literally a perfect run with 30+ jumps/boosts/grapples. I really wish they'd have included a checkpoint in those. They were so hard that you almost never got to practice the second half of the run.

I did scare the **** out of my dogs when I finally passed them though... :D
"This is the way."