Author Topic: Did I see this here????  (Read 4370 times)

Offline sp00ky

• Jedi Initiate
  • Scott McKenzie
    • View Profile
Did I see this here????
« on: April 28, 2004, 01:39 PM »
A while ago I saw a post with a link to some guy selling pictures of a cargo ship named the Millenium Falcon.

Was that on this board???

Does anyone remember???

Thanks,

Scott
The space left intentionally blank.

Offline sp00ky

• Jedi Initiate
  • Scott McKenzie
    • View Profile
Re: Did I see this here????
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2004, 09:59 PM »
Nope it was over at Yojoe...  

Here is what I was talking about if anyone is interested.....

http://www.wellandcanal.ca/salties/m/milfalcon/falcon.htm

The reason I was serching is a co-worker was telling me a story she thought I might find funny.  It seems her boyfriend is working on some sort of Canadian Customs project that transmits inbound ship information to customs before it arrives in a port.  The US already has a similar system, in place and this one will be linked to it.

I guess they were testing message send / recieve, and to do this they send fake messages, but are supposed to erase them within a specific time.  I guess they sent a message from Capt. Luke Skywalker of the Millenium Flacon to Harbour Master Darth Vader... and forgot to erase it in time.

Apparantly caused quite a problem with the US Customs... before someone realized the mistake.  I wanted to show her the picture for her boyfriend... probably cused the Capt. to have a very strange day.

LOL... I didn't both to explain that Luke Skywalker wasn't the Capt. of the Falcon though... a waste of time.

Scott
The space left intentionally blank.